GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall I don't really understand the point of State of Colorado publishing all of NK's evidence online when she is a cooperating witness.

Seems to only send the message not to cooperate.

So why are they doing it?

The only thing I can think of is that NK & Watts conspired in deleting the texts and trying to hide her existence.

It has to be a real beef - not some untruths at the edges of her evidence.

Sometimes people miss things on the thread. Have you seen @gitana1 explanation of why everything was released?

If you have, do you disagree with that is the law of the land that it was done?

It doesn’t say the time.

I can’t find another reference for this, and no time either.

A mattress is mentioned on page 543 (Night is the 13th), when Nichol asked him why the bed didn’t have sheets.

Reading between the lines, it appears that this was a different bed/mattress (possibly the one in the master bedroom).

The fact that she inquired about the bed being stripped, and made no mention of it during the basement FaceTime video (on the previous night), might mean that the bed down there wasn’t stripped, but she could still see the mattress.

I really don’t know.

I agree with your thinking though, that a stripped mattress in the basement on the 12th, would be indicative of the kids already being dead.

Wasn't that one of the kids' rooms he facetimed her from? He described the sheets being so dirty.

I think my niece used to “vocal fry” but just when she was being rude and/or cynical. NK’s voice/demeanor was repulsive to me. I listened to the entire audio, but cringed the entire time. She kept professing how independent she was, was self righteous and proclaimed things implying he was more into her such as “we need to take it slow,” but at the same time seemed to micromanage everything about him (e.g., “you need to spend those days with your kids”), when it was none of her business. What’s the saying, the lady doth protest too much? I think she was obsessed with him.

I don’t think she had any fore or after knowledge, nor do I think “if not for her they’d be alive.” He would have found someone else. It’s all on CW. He made his choices. He’s so despicable, and the video of him explaining the girls’ being put into the tanks was revolting. Eat some pizza? There are no words to describe him.

I was amazed at how she said she wanted him to spend time with the kids, that he did and she did not interfere with the children.

WTF!!

Supposedly, she was only with him during the time that everyone was Gone, with the exception of when he came back with his family and she was busy with somebody else except for that one day. What the hell is she talking about. One day out of all that time. Pffft

I do have to admit that i feel bad for NKs dad. He said at the beginning of the interview how he just wanted NK to be protected. He must feel like he has let her down after the discovery was released.
On another note, i certainly would not have taken my father with me to discuss an affair i had with a married man. I'm 45 years old and married but as far as my dad knows I'm still a virgin.

I'd be with you if she hadn't felt her reputation and embarrassment were more important than the lives of missing and then dead babies and if she hadn't acted the way she did with investigators.

You give them EVERYTHING. You don't lie or evade. And she did.

Hearing her voice- I have heard the same excuse given in your post on various occasions, to excuse a lack of empathy in various people: "Well I was able to eat pizza and I didn't cry when my child died so there's nothing important about CW's demeanor." For example - nope. IMO that voice, like CW's demeanor, has nothing to do with delayed grief or shock. To me she sounded arrogantly controlled and decisive. She sounded extraordinarily annoyed and put out that she had to be there.

I could understand anger. Sadness. Betrayal. Numbness. Shock.

I really didn't detect any of that as some have. I detected a coldly selfish woman who knows how to manipulate, likes to control others and lacks empathy.

She didn't kill anyone. We all know that. So what? Just because she didn't is she not supposed to face judgment for who she is and what she did?

Not directed at you at all, but I'm kind of sick of people with low character, bad, mean, people, facing zero consequences and being protected in this country because "everyone makes mistakes", or "we have no right to judge".

Maybe it's okay that a person like her faces some societal shunning. We should have common values as a community and a culture. Like coming together to help one another and not being selfish at times of crisis. Doing what is necessary, even at our own expense, to help children. Assisting LE when asked, in major criminal cases. Having respect for others, including professionals who are doing a tough job, instead of narcissitically trying to control their job and brattily expressing impatience and annoyance with having to be involved in something that actually includes death and murder.

Geez.

I don't feel sorry for her. I did. Not now. IMO she deserves some negativity for her behavior and attitude.

And her life is far from over. If serial killer and predator Karla Homolka can go on to leave prison for a Caribbean island, get married and have three kids after murdering three other minors including her own little sister, I'm sure this arrogant and decisive woman will be just fine.
Outstanding.

You should add this post to the BOOK you should be writing!

BBM

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Why does the prison consider CW to be so 'special' ??
How disgusting.
In the discovery there were reports on what CW did and how he acted by the guards. It sounds like eventually he was watching TV and chatting with the GP so I think he was only guarded and isolated at first.

No but it does make her sound fake and immature. just an observation. men also sound fake and immature when they speak in that manner. It is an equal.opportunity annoyance.

The baby voice towards the middle sounded fake and like she was making fun of someone.

We use that same voice in my family to imitate and make fun of people

Sometimes people miss things on the thread. Have you seen @gitana1 explanation of why everything was released?

If you have, do you disagree with that is the law of the land that it was done?
Some people are up in arms about NK's information being put out there, but so was SW's and her friends. All of her texts were put out to read and she likely would have felt embarrassed by that - she was really pouring her heart out to her friends and CW.

NK is not being picked on, everyone's info was released. It's not LE's fault NK conducted herself in a certain manner.

Moo

I do have to admit that i feel bad for NKs dad. He said at the beginning of the interview how he just wanted NK to be protected. He must feel like he has let her down after the discovery was released.
On another note, i certainly would not have taken my father with me to discuss an affair i had with a married man. I'm 45 years old and married but as far as my dad knows I'm still a virgin.

lol.

Wasn't that one of the kids' rooms he facetimed her from? He described the sheets being so dirty.
That makes sense. My point was that the FaceTime on the 13th was not from the basement. He was clearly trying to destroy evidence at this point.

I just wasn’t sure what bed he was laying on in that particular video (kids or master).

So the doc dump from yesterday is STILL not accessible? Did someone change their mind about releasing the stuff?
The server crashed due to heavy traffic. The additional discovery is now only accessible by the media outlets that filed for expanded coverage with the courts. We are now at their mercy to view. :(

Last edited:
Probably, yes. I get the feeling that his mom probably took care of a lot of things for him that she shouldn’t have and as a result, he never learned how to be a functioning adult on his own. I suspect he’s never really had to take responsibility for his own actions before, either. This probably lead to a lot of poor coping skills. Although it seems like calling “murdering your family instead of trying to fix your marriage or get a divorce” poor coping skills is extremely reductive, but hopefully you get my meaning.
Thank you! Get it.

'Heartless Monster' Chris Watts Googled: 'When to Say I Love You When Starting a New Relationship'
Weeks before he killed his wife and two daughters amidst an affair he was having with a co-worker, Chris Watts typed into Google, “When to say I love you for the first time in a new relationship.”

On that same day of July 25, less than three weeks before the Aug. 13 murders, Watts Googled, “What do you feel when someone tells you they love you” and “How does it feel when someone says I love you.”

During this period, Shanann desperately tried to salvage the couple’s crumbling marriage, prosecutors have said, citing pleading text messages and self-help books she got for her husband, including one he threw in the garbage.

Meanwhile, Watts was having an affair, spending the time going to bars restaurants, car museums and sand dunes with Kessinger as well as “searching the internet for secluded vacation spots,” District Attorney Michael Rourke has said.

“lt’s not hard texting love you and miss you,” Shanann added. “lf you don’t mean it then I get it, but we need to talk. I kept looking at my phone all night and no response from you. Like seriously! We didn’t just start dating yesterday! We’ve been together 8 years and have 2.5 kids together.”

In the discovery there were reports on what CW did and how he acted by the guards. It sounds like eventually he was watching TV and chatting with the GP so I think he was only guarded and isolated at first.

Maybe when they didn’t get a reaction out of him when they heckled him and he stayed to himself without bothering anyone they eventually accepted him. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur