GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but that's not the point. NK is lucky, very lucky, that she didn't suffer a lot worse consequences of her lack of judgement and morals.

Still - the personal info. of people is out there, people who's only "crime" was stupidity, poor judgement, etc. And their FRIENDS info. is out there as well...friends who (again, as far as we know) have NOTHING to do with this case.

I am shocked that so many seem okay with that.

I just don’t see it as that big of an issue. If it’s that bothersome to them, then change phone numbers, change friends, and be thankful they’re alive to do both.

Edited spelling

Last edited:
I hate to break this to you, but unless you live off the grid (which you obviously don't) , then your name and partial address is readily available to anyone who Googles you, includimg any prior addresses you may have had.
Google will even list possible relatives of yours. It's really not *that* difficult anymore.
Heck, they would just need to Google the murdered neighbors' address and all their neighbors addresses, numbers, Google maps, relatives would come up. A little websleuthing.

I just don’t see it as that big of an issue. If it’s that bothersome to them, the change phone numbers, change friends, and be thankful they’re alive to do both.
Isn't that the truth about being alive. Worried about privacy of friends when 3 beautiful children and a beautiful mother were murdered.

Isn't that the truth about being alive. Worried about privacy of friends when 3 beautiful children and a beautiful mother were murdered.
In no way am I making light of these horrible murders, I am not, but at the same time I don’t see why people who had no knowledge of his crimes have to have their lives destroyed by losing their jobs, their healthcare, their security, and their privacy as a result of CW’s acts. They become his victims, too. IMOO

I had a thought while I was reading through the texts between Shanann and Chris on 8/12 while she was still in AZ. She asked if he had time, if he could pack the girls' backpacks with their blankies and spare clothes for the first day of school the next day, and Chris replied he would (discovery page 2115) Chris made a big point of saying their blankies were gone during the first LE walkthrough (the ones they wouldn't go anywhere without.. probably trying to underscore the impression Shannan took the girls and left on her own volition.. and heartwrenching, as she also texted that she'd do it in the morning herself if he didn't have time) Did LE find the backpacks? Were the backpacks still in the house? Did he ever pack them, I wonder? Did he know even at that point, there'd be no tomorrow for those beautiful girls? MOO JMO

@gitana1 Hi Gitana, I’ve got a hypothetical question for you. If you were NK’s attorney going into those interviews, what advice would you have given her that would have enabled her to give LE everything they needed and protect her job and reputation at the same time? Or do you think she deserved to pay that great a price for having an affair? I know you’ve said SW and the kids were missing, and NK impeded the investigation, but from the first taped interview on, they already knew they were all dead. I think.
I am obviously not Gitana, but why would she need an attorney? They told her at the outset she was free to leave at any time. They told her that she was free to refuse any question she did not want to answer.

I am just going to use your post as a jump off for this topic, because there were many many posts that had my blood pressure rising towards the end of the last thread (not yours, riolove).
I am absolutely floored that someone would suggest that records should not be released to the "general public" or to someone without the "proper credentials". WHO THE HE** DO YOU THINK PUBLIC RECORDS BELONG TO? Do you not realize that all government works for *US*, the PUBLIC? They are accountable to us, not the other way around. From the President, to the House and Senate, to Governors, DAs, police officers, FBI agents, Postal workers and everyone else in a government job, they are our employees, and we pay them. The FOIA, CORA and other state legislation, etc. all exist so that we are able to hold those agencies and employees accountable and to make sure they are doing a thorough job, within legal parameters. Transparency is an important part of having confidence and trust in those who work for us. It is a form of elitism to say that only certain members of the public should have access to the records that belong to all of us. MOO.

You have missed the point.

This is about the PERSONAL DATA of those who, as far as we know, are NOT EVEN PERTINENT TO THE CASE being made public. NK's "friend" Jeff, whoever he is, and as far as we are currently privy too, has already been tracked down.

Now, if this guy is just a friend, and has NO BEARING ON THE CASE, and is not a witness, but is just some guy who happened to know NK - why is his personal data released??

That has NOTHING to do with the gov't. being beholding to the public. Zero.

I checked the marital house deed a moment ago. Still in C & S names. I thought perhaps her father had maybe taken title. I guess he can’t unless he pays the mortgage off, right? So, is foreclosure on the horizon?

In no way am I making light of these horrible murders, I am not, but at the same time I don’t see why people who had no knowledge of his crimes have to have their lives destroyed by losing their jobs, their healthcare, their security, and their privacy as a result of CW’s acts. They become his victims, too. IMOO

Who else lost their job?

IIRC she is the only one to have lost her job. Anadarko haven't given a reason, other than her contract ended, but if she carried on an illicit relationship in company time, who could blame them for not wanting her representing their company considering the outcome of that affair.

I am obviously not Gitana, but why would she need an attorney? They told her at the outset she was free to leave at any time. They told her that she was free to refuse any question she did not want to answer.

Because, if you are smart, whenever you are part of a case of this magnitude, you need legal counsel as soon as LE is requesting your presence.

There is a misguided assumption that if a person is innocent, they don't need an atty.

Not true.

You have missed the point.

This is about the PERSONAL DATA of those who, as far as we know, are NOT EVEN PERTINENT TO THE CASE being made public. NK's "friend" Jeff, whoever he is, and as far as we are currently privy too, has already been tracked down.

Now, if this guy is just a friend, and has NO BEARING ON THE CASE, and is not a witness, but is just some guy who happened to know NK - why is his personal data released??

That has NOTHING to do with the gov't. being beholding to the public. Zero.

Not true. He was the alibi, on the day of the crime, of the killer’s girlfriend. That hardly is zero.

She said it.

Thank you. I know you have been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Does that change what you think about NK at all? You don't have to trash her, that's not what I'm looking for, but what kind of person says stuff like that about their supposed best friend? I feel like her words are a real eye opener into her personality and character. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme