GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It concerns me that Shannon's family lawyer said the family is "evaluating next steps." If CW told the truth, would there be next steps to evaluate? If he tried to heap more blame on Shannan, they might need to evaluate. I think CW is a complete liar and has no interest in truth. He is desperate to not seem to be the evil monster he proved himself to be. Who knows, he may even be hoping to impress the mistress he was so besotted with, almost like she is a drug he will do anything to obtain.

They sued him for wrongful death. But he apparently confessed all and is refusing to defend himself in the suit. So I think next steps is related to that. Do they go on or did they get what they needed? Because he would have to answer questions in a post-criminal conviction civil suit. He can't incriminate himself further as double jeopardy applies and he's already been found guilty of the highest crimes.

SW family lawyer spoke relative to their civil suit against CW, and I believe evaluating next steps was in reference on how to close their action by end of the year.

Also from their attorney's statement, I believe PF's complete cooperation was unexpected. I previously linked attorney interview upthread.

You're too smart. Exactly.

Maybe this is a minority opinion here... but there's a large part of me that does not want to know what this empty shell of a human has left to say.

The mountains of evidence and endless speculation this case has produced is so exhausting and gut wrenching. Sometimes not knowing every.single.excruciating detail is for the best... IMO.

I think the only thing left I care to know is whether or not the murders were premeditated. I never believed he "just snapped", I felt it was planned.

I used to want to know the order of the murders, whether the victims witnessed any of the deaths, and whether Shanann knew her babies were dead/going to die before she was killed. I no longer want to know these things.

Very good points. I can relate.

I've always wondered how that site (on youtube) got away with using all of SW's videos, chopping them up, and placing suggestive one liners on them for click bait.

I'm so glad that disgusting account has been terminated. People like that need to suffer to some degree for the pain they cause. Talk about sociopaths.

Wow suddenly this thread had 30 new pages. I just want to point out a few things from a prosecutors point of view.

CW was not coerced into his plea. He even said as much as part of his plea. He was not coerced. Everyone repeat: he was NOT coerced.

If he even felt he was coerced, that’s something he and his lawyer (whoever that is now) would be addressing through a motion. They would not send the alleged coercers to interview the person claiming he was coerced by them. That is illogical.

He was not coerced.

CW is not negotiating anything. He isn’t getting parole at any point, he isn’t getting out ever, he isn’t going to get pizza delivered to his cell in exchange for the truth.

NK is not going to be prosecuted. This remains a fantasy for many, and I understand the disdain for her. She is a terrible person. But she was not involved in the murders. Period.

If NK was getting prosecuted, the DAs office would NOT be releasing information on 3/7. Prosecutions and the investigations that go into them are kept under wraps for the integrity of the case. Basic stuff we all know.

If CWs parents genuinely believed their son was innocent, they would be yelling and screaming from the rooftops, mortgaging their home to pay for his defense. They are fully aware; delusional, but aware. They know what he did. That’s why they want it to be “done and over”. This is pretty obvious from Ronnie’s statement.

I’m sure some of this has been addressed by others in previous pages, but I just wanted to clarify. My personal opinion is that he’s had a come to Jesus moment, not unlike others brutal killers have had in prison. No way these guys took the time to go to Wisconsin for no reason. Shananns family possibly getting some answers IS reason and is good enough. I would have gone.

Bravo. I agree with ALL you've stated. Perfect.

I always love reading your posts and it pains me to disagree but I have to very respectfully disagree. My gut when we were waiting for his hearing where he pled guilty was that he was going to plead guilty. Many, including attorneys said there was no way that was going to happen but it did happen. My gut now says that this is something bigger than him just giving details of what happened. I think LE is very smart and they proved that in this case. It's my opinion that an investigation into others that could be involved would have been happening already and behind the scenes. If NK really has been in witness protection, and I have no idea if she is, then LE has her right where they know she is. I may be wrong but this is my gut feeling.

No matter what, my heart and all of our hearts have been broken alongside Shanann's families, and it is my sincerest hope that they can find some measure of peace and healing!

I was one who stated I did not believe he would plead guilty and would instead go through with a horrific trial, continuing to drag Shanann's name through the mud.

But that was after he accused her of killing her daughters. Before that, when he gave those interviews on his porch, I predicted that he would confess quickly.

He did confess. But only partially.

I also said there was no way the DA would accept a plea deal for less than guilty to the full charges. I was asked directly.

But yes, after his disgusting story about Shanann I thought there would be no way he would be able to admit to what he had done. Little did I know HE was actually not the one who came up with that story. The brilliant investigators did as a means of getting him to cough up the location of the bodies. Had I known they planted that idea in his head, maybe my thoughts about the possibility of him pleading guilty would've been different. I'm not sure.

But if you watch his interrogation tapes coupled with his initial contact with LE, he actually cracked pretty quickly. He was super eager to please them and sort of seems to display a narcissistic insecurity and desperation to be seen as the good guy.

The only time in his hours of interrogation that he showed true emotion was when they asked about his co-workers helping to find the bodies. He absolutely fell apart. "They're going to think I'm a bad guy!" He wailed hysterically.

It was amazing. Not moved one bit by his children. THAT is what got him.

And he was played so well by those investigators. It was embarrassing, really, how easy it was for them to break him. He was like a toddler you trick into telling the truth.

They built a rapport with him. We didn't have the benefit of knowing that either, after the news of his accusations against Shanann broke. He seemed to bond with the investigators and want to please them so badly. They were so good that people are still commenting on how gross it was and reprehensible that they rubbed his back and gave him sympathy, despite the fact that it was pure, brilliant technique.

I suspect now that he indeed has had a sort of come to Jesus moment. At least as much as someone like him can. Can we trust him? I've always felt anything he would say would be narcissistically self-serving and dishonest. But maybe with 23 hours per day in a cell and the realization that all he did led to absolutely nothing but disaster, maybe he is feeling the intense need to be a good boy once again and get his interrogators to give him that parental reassurance that he's a good person and doing the right thing.

I have a feeling he has desperately tried to be a good boy all his life. Tried hard to do whatever he could to please his mother so she would love him.

I don't know.

Here's what I do know: NK is NOT in witness protection. She would not be eligible. That's not my opinion. That's just not how that works.

It is my opinion though that they were done investigating and this has nothing to do with any real investigation into NK.

This case was incredible. Both what he did and why. And a chance to get further info in order to profile a maniac like him? Oh I think they'd jump at that.

I wanted to get something off of my chest that has bothered me for a long time. As far as I can tell, COw's parents have not taken any responsibility for what their son has done. I am a parent, and if my son had done something so horrific, his quilt would automatically become my quilt. I spawned the seed that created this imperfect human being. Why are they washing their hands of this?

I watched their victim impact statement again. At the time I felt they were subtly skirting his Avril guilt for the murder of the girls. Watch it again. It's truly gross. Their focus is on being perceived as victims and on giving a tribute to their precious son, talking about how much they love him and how good he was in sports, etc.

It's really vile. They barely mention their grandchildren.

And sure enough, they never accepted his full guilt and now are once again blaming an innocent victim.

I find them to be reprehensible people and it's not surprising that THAT can from them.

Even if he confesses in full detail and admits everything, R and C still won’t believe their precious son killed his family. For a while I just thought they were in serious denial because of how evil this crime is but now it appears that isn’t the case. They just don’t give a #*** that 4 lives were ended by the monster they raised. Their response to his admissions will be ‘he’s protecting someone’. Who even says ‘it’s over and done with’ when talking about the murder of their grandchildren and pregnant daughter in law?! Ewww no sorry I’m done with hearing about them, roll on the 7th so we can hear his confession then send him back to his hell hole and send his parents back to whichever rock they keep crawling out of. How horrible for Shanann’s family

Interesting! In her book "The Sociopath Next Door", Dr. Martha Stout discusses the pity play and sociopaths.

An article in "Psychology Today" will be published sometime next week. It's a two part series on Sociopaths. There's a warning that the section on the pity play in Part 2 is disturbing. I am anxious to read it.

They sued him for wrongful death. But he apparently confessed all and is refusing to defend himself in the suit. So I think next steps is related to that. Do they go on or did they get what they needed? Because he would have to answer questions in a post-criminal conviction civil suit. He can't incriminate himself further as double jeopardy applies and he's already been found guilty of the highest crimes.

I am not sure about the evidential requirements in a civil suit, but wouldn't the defendant's guilty pleas in the criminal case be overwhelming evidence for the plaintiffs?

What other stuff would they need?

Genuinely interested - I don't know what the cause of action requires

Looks like we’ll get some info tomorrow on Dr. Phil

Dillon Thomas (@DillonMThomas) on Twitter

—NEW #WATTS MURDER INFO— From prison, family murderer Chris Watts discussed the night he killed his pregnant wife, and daughters....even sharing his final words to his daughters. Hear more from family during an exclusive interview, to run during
@DrPhil
tomorrow on
@CBSDenver

Thanks for posting that Violet, and I will watch along with everyone else, but Dr Phil was not in command of the facts of the case that last time he showcased the Watts murders, so many errors in what he said. Maybe fault of his producers, who knows. I doubt he has any news. I suspect he may have Ronny and Cindy Watts on, given that Ronny's nose is out of joint and apparently CW once again did not bother to share his actions with family. Also they don't seem to be privy to what CW has said, whereas the Rzuceks apparently are. (IMO)

No it says he will have Shanann’s parents on Dr. Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24