GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion: NK wasn't even a lingering thought at this point. What did he just do? How am I going to deal with all this? Panicking … is where I believe his mind was at. Also, disassociation that any of it was real. NK....not at all.
Just panicking when he was not around, had to leave for home and afraid he would not come back . In this part of the interview he desribes how she "gets upset over nothing"-
phones him obsessively when he is working - 10 times until he answered. (The link to Youtube is not working but if you look at part4 of the interview on YT and at about 23minutes in he starts talking about her).
She was irate when Shanann calls him when she (NK) is in their house!

He told investigators during the 2/18 interview that he was tested at the
Denver Reception & Diagnostic Center and that he was “put through the ringer.”
  • He took eleven (11) separate tests to figure out his IQ.
  • His IQ was 135 or 140.
(From pg 28 of the written report)

I wonder if his statement on this is something the investigators would, or could verify to help them gauge his truthfulness in other statements he made in the interview?

I did listen to the interview again today and he definitely was evasive in answering some questions. It didn't occur to me to make a list, but that's a good idea. A list might prove to be insightful.

What is surprising to me still, is that he didn't sound at all suspicious of Tammy, Coder and the Frederick Police Detective who worked on the case, and I didn't detect any hints that he feels any anger toward them.
JMO

There was so much info released so quickly, for me, it was impossible to absorb-watch body language, read transcripts, listen for verbal cues - all in a state of obsessed shock and awe. With the benefit of hindsight, redoes are interesting. First round kind of hurt my head.

Re-watched Ma Watts interview, and think I saw a hint of what I used to call smirking, which maybe mirrors CW dupers delight. Now that I'm an expert, lol.

And because I can't say it enough (to anyone in my real life) CW is PAINFUL to listen to. His fake/forced emotion is pathetic.

Excellent points. Thanks for adding them to the list. I think throughout this case we have seen some of the most Impressive LE work I’ve ever seen.

It's been amazing. From the minute they took their disappearance seriously to the interview techniques they employed back in February. IMO this was handled well all the way around.

As an agnostic and someone who does not subscribe to any particular religious beliefs or follow a particular doctrine, religious talk on a true crime forum makes me nervous. It's not a discussion that usually goes well in a public forum and it's not an argument that anyone can win. It's also probably off topic...

There was so much info released so quickly, for me, it was impossible to absorb-watch body language, read transcripts, listen for verbal cues - all in a state of obsessed shock and awe. With the benefit of hindsight, redoes are interesting. First round kind of hurt my head.

Re-watched Ma Watts interview, and think I saw a hint of what I used to call smirking, which maybe mirrors CW dupers delight. Now that I'm an expert, lol.

And because I can't say it enough (to anyone in my real life) CW is PAINFUL to listen to. His fake/forced emotion is pathetic.

Shock and awe is a great description for how I felt the first time I saw everything in this case unfold. I've gone through everything at least twice and I strongly suspect I'm not the only one here who has done this!

And I disagree again. I was replying to what was going through his mind while he was driving with his dead wife on the floor of his truck and two young children in the back seat, one of which was talking to him.... So everyone thinks Chris had time to think about NK during this trip when he was probably thinking of how to dispose of his wife's body, keep his child calm, drive down the road, think up alibi's....wonder if those pictures was an alibi plan? Remember his text while at SW memorial service? (funeral)? He told her he was overseas? Who knows the lies he told her with those pics being taken?

Who knows....but thinking of his mistress at this point was probably the last thing on his mind. IMHO at the end of the day she was JUST SEX.... SEX is not love, though maybe he isn't equating that at the time, it's still just that.

I was not speaking after the fact though. Sure he could have been thinkin NK after the fact.... However I really really do not believe at the time he had his dead wife in the truck with his children driving to a place where he needed a plan and alibi, all the whilst stirring in in emotion of anger, she was at the forefront of his mind.... he killed his kids for GOD's sake....was he thinking on NK and their sex and lovey dovey relationship while strangling two innocent children? I think NOT...sry I don't buy that NK was on his mind at all at that moment in time.

BBM. I think he specifically equated sex with love. This would be typical for a teenager, of course, but Chris is an emotional teenager.

I remember he initially named a very specific thing as the trigger for the killings, and it was not quarrelling with Shanann.

He said that when she came home at 2:30 and they had sex, "it felt different".

How can one interpret it? He had six weeks of sex with a new lover, and when he has sex with his pregnant, tired wife, it feels...how? Not as good? Did he think, "bad sex"?

So on one hand, good sex, on the other, all his life, with multiple stressors, but a family, his family...

And he kills this family because sex feels different.

MOO - he was always thinking of his mistress, he did it to be with her, because he did not want to do that forthcoming trip with his family, because he was afraid that NK would find someone or felt that the relationship had no future. It was almost hopeless attempt to keep her.

I always wonder how much he preplanned. At times, when I see the court photo of him with open mouth, he looks idiotic, detached, one really wonders if he gets it. Then I think he was in some dissociative state when killing them. I want to say, you fool, you strangled your wife, drove kids and her body to Andarco, where you smothered your kids, shoved their bodies in oil tanks, buried your wife, took a dump, made a photo of a flower for your mistress, then drove home to face all this music. Told in the interview that the kids were "all your life". Ordered pizza for dinner. Now you read the Bible to the empty cell. Do you even get it, what you have done?

And then there are other times, when I remember the photo of him and Shanann, with his hands behind her neck. And I am starting to think that with Shannan, he was dreaming of strangling her for a while, and maybe what stopped him was the thought that "it was not OK" to kill the kids. And then he found the way.

well I can tell you one thing I'm not hiding behind my religion I'm not using it against him but he says he found God and Amazing Grace but from everything I've learned you don't say that you don't use that and you're questioning whether I knew he made his confession or his Penance and you know what in the Catholic religion you don't hide behind God and say you did that or it's amazing grace so I am sure he doesnt know or even if he made his Penance he is not schooled in the Catholic religion you don't hide behind God for this horrific crime so you can say what you want about me don't put me in the same realm as him but until you've been schooled for 20 years as I have don't question me, you don't hide behind God and you do not read and interpret the Bible unless you have your Masters in theology thank you I'm done with this subject because I'm not going to argue about my religion and I'm not including anybody including you or this evil spawn of the Devil With Me and My Religion

Noreen, I agree with your statements, as a fellow Catholic I was taught if you sin you confess in the confessional. That doesn't give a Catholic get out of jail card, or hide behind God. I can't do penance unless I make a confession.
Some question if he made a confession and did he do his penance. How would anyone know what he is thinking,
we know from his actions his is a murderer. I question if he has found God and Amazing Grace. I guess Cindy Watts
said: I forgive you son! Shannon was brought up Catholic, did he hear the word penance when she was alive.

Listening to the interview he doesn't show remorse, he explains about reading the bible and good understanding of
scriptures.
He talks about life in prison, then explains how he wasn't in his right mind during the killings. I guess
he can't explain why he lied to everyone that afternoon.

He hasn't confessed the complete truth about the murders.

Last edited:
As an agnostic and someone who does not subscribe to any particular religious beliefs or follow a particular doctrine, religious talk on a true crime forum makes me nervous. It's not a discussion that usually goes well in a public forum and it's not an argument that anyone can win. It's also probably off topic...

Well said.

Many convicts find God in prison, but faith is a shaky area, otherwise why repeat offenses after the parole?

Chris Watts's new religiosity has no more value to me than that of the Nazi during the Nuremberg trials. Their chapel was always full. The most faithful one was Hans Frank, the Governor of Poland, whose civil population suffered the most during Nazi occupation. Another man of newly found faith? Comrade Duch, the boss of S-21, the political prison in Cambodia, now their Genocide museum. Converted to Catholicism after Pol Pot's regime failed. If there is afterlife, they will probably keep Chris Watts a good and warm company.

BBM. I think he specifically equated sex with love. This would be typical for a teenager, of course, but Chris is an emotional teenager.

I remember he initially named a very specific thing as the trigger for the killings, and it was not quarrelling with Shanann.

He said that when she came home at 2:30 and they had sex, "it felt different".

How can one interpret it? He had six weeks of sex with a new lover, and when he has sex with his pregnant, tired wife, it feels...how? Not as good? Did he think, "bad sex"?

So on one hand, good sex, on the other, all his life, with multiple stressors, but a family, his family...

And he kills this family because sex feels different.

MOO - he was always thinking of his mistress, he did it to be with her, because he did not want to do that forthcoming trip with his family, because he was afraid that NK would find someone or felt that the relationship had no future. It was almost hopeless attempt to keep her.

I always wonder how much he preplanned. At times, when I see the court photo of him with open mouth, he looks idiotic, detached, one really wonders if he gets it. Then I think he was in some dissociative state when killing them. I want to say, you fool, you strangled your wife, drove kids and her body to Andarco, where you smothered your kids, shoved their bodies in oil tanks, buried your wife, took a dump, made a photo of a flower for your mistress, then drove home to face all this music. Told in the interview that the kids were "all your life". Ordered pizza for dinner. Now you read the Bible to the empty cell. Do you even get it, what you have done?

And then there are other times, when I remember the photo of him and Shanann, with his hands behind her neck. And I am starting to think that with Shannan, he was dreaming of strangling her for a while, and maybe what stopped him was the thought that "it was not OK" to kill the kids. And then he found the way.
I don't think he felt strange having sex with his wife because he had been having an affair, and I certainly don't believe it was a "trigger."
I believe he said it felt strange because he knows it's twisted to have sex with your wife when you know you are about to strangle her to death. Imo

I don't think he felt strange having sex with his wife because he had been having an affair, and I certainly don't believe it was a "trigger."
I believe he said it felt strange because he knows it's twisted to have sex with your wife when you know you are about to strangle her to death. Imo
Agreed. He knew what he was about to do.

I wonder if his statement on this is something the investigators would, or could verify to help them gauge his truthfulness in other statements he made in the interview?

Not sure they would. As this is probably private information, and they won't make a trip to visit him and get his consent to post it. Anything above 130 is superior range, and there is no difference between 130 and 140, except for 140 more squarely placing him in the superior range.

It is possible. Too bad that he did not use his IQ to become a software engineer in the Silicone Valley, choosing instead to ruin the lives of so many people.

Yes and as he had few if any girlfriends prior to Shanann she may well have been his "1st" so this was his "last" with her.

That thought crossed my mind, too... :( . I listened to the song on YouTube and it's extremely loud and upsetting.... those poor girls...:(

After seeing so many photographs of those happy, sweet and adorable girls through out their short lives, they are embedded in my mind. And I often think about them and Shanann on that dreadful morning. Woken up in the wee hours of the morning to the sounds of fighting...seeing Mommy wrapped in a sheet...no breakfast, still in their PJ’s and bare feet...loaded onto the backseat, no car seats, Mommy lying still at their feet...it’s dark outside...they’re scared and crying as Daddy drives like a mad man with his sick devil music blasting. Just unimaginable horror.
There is no forgiveness for what he did and this will define him forever.

I have listened to the full 5 hours.
I have read everything available that wasn't redacted.
I have watched the shows.
I understand why S's parents first didn't want the DP and why they might have a differing opinion now.
I'm just beyond disgusted, tho I do believe in a state of being that is truly evil. Not bringing religion or even psychology into this.
Just that I believe, outside or within those two systems, true evil exists.
I believe that S's mother feels very strongly about what she has said she feels about the presence of her daughter and grandchildren.
I respect that.
I have never been thru anything close to what she has. Have any of us?
Maybe so, but a family annihilation is beyond my comprehension.
To the families on both sides of this I extend my deepest sympathies. Everyone was a victim of CW.
Do I think it's possible for him to be "redeemed"?
That's not what I'm here for.
My personal opinion is that everyone who isn't totally broken is capable of repair to a degree.
To a degree...
just saying and jmo
Rest in Peace Shanann, Bella, CeCe and unborn Nico.
Chi
ETA definition of evil
Definition of EVIL
I think both the adjective and the noun form fit him :(

He told investigators during the 2/18 interview that he was tested at the
Denver Reception & Diagnostic Center and that he was “put through the ringer.”
  • He took eleven (11) separate tests to figure out his IQ.
  • His IQ was 135 or 140.
(From pg 28 of the written report)
Weirdly, I believe this, after listening to his last interview. I think he knows he's not fooling anyone, and is just being 'normal' or his version of it. He's duped people his entire life; he's duped them into believing he actually has feelings, he's duped them into believing he cares at all about anything, he duped Shanann into marrying him, he duped her for 5 years through their marriage and child bearing, he duped his entire family, Ron, Mom, Jess, and all of Shanann's family, who apparently still love him. Yes. He's a *advertiser censored* genius as far as I'm concerned.

5168547_030519-wtvd-shanann-watts-knew-about-affair-5AM-vid.jpg

August 13, 2018 - March 13, 2019

....................7 months.........................

#shinelikeshanann, #bella, #cece, #nico

#rzucekstrong

Thank you MassGuy. I guess the R's could've never, ever thought that he was capable of not only bringing physical harm to his family, but also unimaginable emotional torture as well.

Imagine the emotional torture of the little girls, in their last moments of life.
Poor Bella, was frightened, witnessed all and understood.
Hope this evil jerk rots away in prison, without any further attention.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member