GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the thinks that people will like him better if they think he snuffed out his family during a rage killing rather than a premeditated murder?? Dude, you murdered your family , dumped them like garbage, was concerned how you appeared in an interview, ruined people's lives and you are concerned how people view you. Get a grip, the world for the most part hates you.

Last edited:
I believe that every single thing that CW says is a lie. Why bother to even listen to him? The fact that he continues to try to justify his actions is beyond comprehension.
I think his story, for the most part, is true. I'm sure investigators know which parts he is still lying about. Generally, anything he said which steers people to believe it wasn't premeditated, and that he was triggered by sudden rage, is not truthful.
So it's pretty easy to sort out which is true or not. It doesn't really change anything, because we already know it was premeditated.
We now know exactly what he did and in what order.
The only thing that is still unclear to me is whether or not they initially argued, made up, later had sex, and he killed her.
I think it was all one event. We may never know. Imo

SBM There really isn't any proof that SW/CW were not getting along before NK pursued him.

There is zero proof that either of the children were victimized or abused in the family, until CW murdered them.
Agree, quite the opposite has been stated. Friends who knew them and socialized with them said that they were a very hands on couple, always touching, always kissing, kind to each other. That is not the body language of an unhappy marriage. That is not to say they didn’t argue but I don’t believe it was an unhappy volatile marriage. The neighbor Nate retracted his statement that they had loud arguments, he said what he witnessed was normal spats, nothing alarming.

They lie because it's power and fuel. Look at how much center stage attention CW and those like him receive when people expend time and energy trying to unravel them or discover the truth. It's their kind of laser light show. JMO

They lie because it's power and fuel. Look at how much center stage attention CW and those like him receive when people expend time and energy trying to unravel them or discover the truth. It's their kind of laser light show. JMO
And I bet he will get even more attention. There will be plenty of psychologists, Authors who are forensic psychologists, and researchers who will want to interview him. It probably won't be long until one of them writes a book. Imo

I don't think it was a "rage" killing. Meaning I do not think at all, IMHO, and OBJECTIVELY looking at both sides. Isn't a "rage" killing spur of the moment. I believe he was pissed. I believe he was angry. I believe he does have a mental illness. I believe he lost control (in the moment of what he was doing; but not so much to classify it as a rage killing). I believe he truly does have remorse for these murders other than remorse for getting caught (which I believe factors into it). I believe there was abuse too. I believe the blame game was being thrown around. I believe the children were highly victimized by two adults not getting along and then SW being murdered at the hands of CW and at least one of the children were old enough to comprehend what has going on if not both of them able to understand (the third victimized before he had a chance to be born). (BTW: my previous comment isn't to suggest SW was abusive, or deserving of what happened to her. I do not believe she was abusive to those kids nor to CW either). I do believe that CW and SW had arguments whether it be in front of the kids or within earshot that still victimizes children witnessing said abuse that can be explosive by one or more parties (in this case I do believe CW had an explosive temper with outbursts).

ABUSERS: Will NOT let outsiders know just how abusive they are. Behind closed doors is where the abuse usually occurs. Abusers tend to try and make others believe the person they are abusing are crazy or deserving. They also are guilty of "crazy-making" with the victim of the abuse. SW was literally going nuts trying to figure all out reasons. Many abusers will use sex to manipulate those they abuse too. Hence, having sex with her right before she is murdered. To the world: Abusers put on a good front.

I believe ABUSE played a key role in the fact that SW was murdered. She wasn't conforming to what HE wanted to control. THAT is where I believe his anger came from; The inability to control his wife.

Even the argument between SW and her MIL about the nuts (two big people not being able to 'get along') I believe for the most part SW was controlling for GOOD reason: to run her house, and, to get things done, and, for the health and well-being of ALL her family. I do believe that CW thought SW was controlling (his comment as to wanting to at least be able to hang a picture on the wall without her telling him he can), I do believe CW's MOTHER was abusively controlling and that childhood played a key factor in his actions as an undercurrent, I believe this affair was CW being to stupid to understand that things are not "Greener on the other side of the fence". I believe most of the so-called "love" in this affair was based on lust and not love, I believe the affair was just a "reason" for CW to get away from a relationship he had no control in. (Abusers want to be in control).

If people are still trying to figure out the premeditation part....understood. With something that was shown to me earlier I still have yet to read, I may change my view on that. I do not believe CW, if indeed he planned this murder was too brilliant (he left all of SW belongings behind and then suggested she was merely missing and thinking that she had taken the two kids and run off? Even the parents were not too bright if indeed they were thinking that SW was trying to spite CW by taking off). To me that doesn't resonate.

As far as the anger he describes, if he did have that kind of anger in him, I am trying to objectively look at it from the stand point that I do have with my own personal experience with it.

Family Annihilators are known for not thinking about what happens after they murder their family. They aren't great planners for sure. Which is why most of them commit suicide once they figure out they are going to be caught. I also think he was going to stage the house but thankfully SW's friend got the police to the house before he could finish staging. CW thought he had plenty of time. But he didn't.

I do not believe there was any abuse of SW before CW got a girlfriend. Her texts state that everything was great and that he "couldn't keep his hands off her". All of that stopped when he started seeing NK.

IMO CW can't feel rage just like he can't feel love. Both are very strong emotions. For someone who said he was in such a rage; he couldn't even describe it.

...What it boiled down to he got rid of them for convenience and financial gain for himself
I really think that their drowning in debt and not having the ability to file for bankruptcy again was a lot of stress on CW. I feel that Chris blamed Shan'ann as well as the kids for their predicament.

I think that Shan'ann really wanted to succeed at her MLM job; however, that job required giving a picture of wealth. They were definitely living beyond their means.

So, you have health bills for Shan'ann and the girls; the image of a rich lifestyle to promote her business; the constant videos and trips. Something had to change.

When Chris met Nichol, he felt like he met a different kind of girl--one who liked living a simple life, who enjoyed the outdoors and was healthy. He thought that she was the answer to all of his problems.

However, in his mind, he had a lot of baggage that would have continued to financially drag him down with no end in sight.

Instead of being a normal, mature person who sits down with his spouse to discuss the finances and how they are going to deal with them, he decides that making them disappear is a better way to go.

I personally think that he spends some of his time in prison thinking about what went wrong and why he was caught. It all started with the flight delay.

Chris wants to talk about God. That was God giving him an opportunity to rethink his demented plan. Chris just didn't see it as a sign. Instead, he was angry at Shan'ann because he didn't really think that there was a flight delay.

Satan was in control of Chris; and Chris let him win.

Agree, quite the opposite has been stated. Friends who knew them and socialized with them said that they were a very hands on couple, always touching, always kissing, kind to each other. That is not the body language of an unhappy marriage. That is not to say they didn’t argue but I don’t believe it was an unhappy volatile marriage. The neighbor Nate retracted his statement that they had loud arguments, he said what he witnessed was normal spats, nothing alarming.
Mostly agree except for the March 2018 chance encounter Shanann had with an attorney when she asked about CO child custody law and moving out of state. That was around the time they were discussing having a third baby. I think it was CW's idea to try to keep her from leaving him, although he did mention his surprise at how quickly it happened in the prison interview.

It's horrifyingly ironic to think that her pregnancy was initially his idea to hold onto her and later became the reason he decided to eliminate her once he became obsessed with another woman.
MOO

I think his story, for the most part, is true. I'm sure investigators know which parts he is still lying about. Generally, anything he said which steers people to believe it wasn't premeditated, and that he was triggered by sudden rage, is not truthful.
So it's pretty easy to sort out which is true or not. It doesn't really change anything, because we already know it was premeditated.
We now know exactly what he did and in what order.
The only thing that is still unclear to me is whether or not they initially argued, made up, later had sex, and he killed her.
I think it was all one event. We may never know. Imo
Almost everyone including myself believe he doesn't wasn't to admit to premeditation. I would think then he doesn't look as bad. But then how can he confess to how he killed the girls? That really makes him look like a monster. So then why not admit to premeditation?
Oh G-- Is it because he relishes that part and wants to keep it to himself?

And I bet he will get even more attention. There will be plenty of psychologists, Authors who are forensic psychologists, and researchers who will want to interview him. It probably won't be long until one of them writes a book. Imo
Yes, and to that extent, they're providing fuel.

I really think that their drowning in debt and not having the ability to file for bankruptcy again was a lot of stress on CW. I feel that Chris blamed Shan'ann as well as the kids for their predicament.

I think that Shan'ann really wanted to succeed at her MLM job; however, that job required giving a picture of wealth. They were definitely living beyond their means.

So, you have health bills for Shan'ann and the girls; the image of a rich lifestyle to promote her business; the constant videos and trips. Something had to change.

When Chris met Nichol, he felt like he met a different kind of girl--one who liked living a simple life, who enjoyed the outdoors and was healthy. He thought that she was the answer to all of his problems.

However, in his mind, he had a lot of baggage that would have continued to financially drag him down with no end in sight.

Instead of being a normal, mature person who sits down with his spouse to discuss the finances and how they are going to deal with them, he decides that making them disappear is a better way to go.

I personally think that he spends some of his time in prison thinking about what went wrong and why he was caught. It all started with the flight delay.

Chris wants to talk about God. That was God giving him an opportunity to rethink his demented plan. Chris just didn't see it as a sign. Instead, he was angry at Shan'ann because he didn't really think that there was a flight delay.

Why would debt be more of a stress to CW than to SW? Shan'ann's earnings from selling her own prior home enabled them to buy in Frederick, her whole nest egg was invested. What monies did he contribute? I sure would not have been able to deal with a serious illness, care for 2 very small kids, a pregnancy, running a household and having a home business all at once. Yet, she did all that with a smile and energy.

Something had to change because of "health bills for Shan'ann and the girls; the image of a rich lifestyle to promote her business; the constant videos and trips." Really? Maybe the change could have been his getting a part time job to help out the family? But he chose spending money and time on another woman instead. She took a lot of home and business videos, yes, working at home, when did all the "constant trips" take place? The image of a "rich lifestyle" contributed to her making as much if not more than he did, while working at home? So why would her earning a lot be a stressor, or maybe you are suggesting a stress to his ego?

I saw nothing to suggest that CW thought there was no flight delay and that contributed to his "anger at Shan'ann", remember that lie was fed to him AFTER he murdered the family.

Last edited:
Almost everyone including myself believe he doesn't wasn't to admit to premeditation. I would think then he doesn't look as bad. But then how can he confess to how he killed the girls? That really makes him look like a monster. So then why not admit to premeditation?
Oh G-- Is it because he relishes that part and wants to keep it to himself?
Yes, it does make him seem more like a monster. But by insisting he didn't know what was going on and he felt something else was controlling him, he is trying to justify his actions to himself and everyone else.
He probably doesn't even understand why people think what he did was worse. Or at least he wasn't thinking about it at the time. But he knows how it looks to normal people, since he said, "I don't know if I said yes, like a horrible person," after Bella asked if he was going to do the same to her as he did to Ce-ce. Imo

Did you see CW's incredible selection of shirts in his and Shanann's closet? Shanann had a lot of clothing, but CW was right up there with her, IMO.

Shanann may have made poor financial decisions, IDK, but CW is the one who sold a car for less than what he owed on it. It apparently didn't occur to him to get a payout from the finance company before he sold the car, to make sure he at least broke even.o_O

Shanann handled the finances. He didn't even know the password to their online bank account. He figured out to fund an affair, but he couldn't figure out how to get a part-time job to help pay the bills so his wife, who had a serious health problem, didn't have to work so hard. It appears Shanann was willing to sell the house. She found the realtor and made the first contact.

It's rather amazing, but CW also didn't know how much was discharged in their bankruptcy, and he also thought there was a separate medical bankruptcy. He apparently thought they were still paying old medical bills. Shanann would have made sure to include those medical bills in their bankruptcy, JMO.

Was he stressed about their finances? Maybe he was stressed over having to use a credit card to pay for his last date with NK because he didn't have any other way to pay for it. I think Shanann was the one who lived with the stress of juggling the bills, and I also think she was the one who making the real effort to dig them out of debt. Her income was very likely going to continue to grow, and his wasn't.

I agree he didn't want the financial responsibilities of an ex wife and three children. But right up there, IMO, I believe he didn't want to be exposed in family court, or to his friends as being the man who cheated on his pregnant wife and left her and their small children for another woman.

JMO

Why would debt be more of a stress to CW than to SW? Shan'ann's earnings from selling her own prior home enabled them to buy in Frederick, her whole nest egg was invested. What monies did he contribute? I sure would not have been able to deal with a serious illness, care for 2 very small kids, a pregnancy, running a household and having a home business all at once. Yet, she did all that with a smile and energy.

Something had to change because of "health bills for Shan'ann and the girls; the image of a rich lifestyle to promote her business; the constant videos and trips." Really? Maybe the change could have been his getting a part time job to help out the family? But he chose spending money and time on another woman instead. She took a lot of home and business videos, yes, working at home, when did all the "constant trips" take place? The image of a "rich lifestyle" contributed to her making as much if not more than he did, while working at home. So why would her earning a lot be a stress, or maybe you are suggesting a stress to his ego?

I saw nothing to suggest that CW thought there was no flight delay and that contributed to his "anger at Shan'ann", remember that lie was fed to him AFTER he murdered the family.
Many months ago, I researched their home purchase in CO. There was very little money put down as a down payment. The loan, I believe, was approved in Chris' name only.

They also had a court case pending due to lack of HOA payments. IIRC, Chris had to withdraw $10,000 from his 401K to pay off back mortgage and other bills.

As far as Shan'ann's flight, I read somewhere that Chris actually called the airlines to find out the status of the flight.

I had to laugh at the second job suggestion. That's what my husband's overspending ex-wife suggested to him. She refused to curb her spending or get a job. Instead, she told him that he didn't make enough money; and, then, she told him that he needed to get a second job.

My husband took all of their debt and gave her the home and all of the furnishings, plus alimony and child support. I didn't just blame her for overspending. I also blamed my husband for allowing it.

The overspending was a family problem, re: Watts. Please don't think that I am attributing it all to Shan'ann. They both needed to work on a budget and live within their means. If it meant her getting a different job or Chris getting a different job, they needed to agree on those things.

I also saw the inside of Shan'ann's home that she sold in NC. She left behind almost all of her expensive furnishings. The buyer said that it wasn't negotiated in the deal. I don't understand why all of these things would just be left behind.

Finally, I, in no way, support anything that Chris did with his paramour. The entire situation is sickening.

Did you see CW's incredible selection of shirts in his and Shanann's closet? Shanann had a lot of clothing, but CW was right up there with her, IMO....
I think that it is a strong possibility that Shan'ann bought Chris' clothes.

My husband wears expensive clothes, suits and shoes. I buy all of my husband's clothes, etc. If he were left to purchase his own clothes, he would most likely pay retail.

I myself am frugal and find very good bargains for everything! I am the queen of living beneath one's means. :) It has paid off royally. We are now reaping the rewards.

Many months ago, I researched their home purchase in CO. There was very little money put down as a down payment. The loan, I believe, was approved in Chris' name only.

They also had a court case pending due to lack of HOA payments. IIRC, Chris had to withdraw $10,000 from his 401K to pay off back mortgage and other bills.

As far as Shan'ann's flight, I read somewhere that Chris actually called the airlines to find out the status of the flight.

I had to laugh at the second job suggestion. That's what my husband's overspending ex-wife suggested to him. She refused to curb her spending or get a job. Instead, she told him that he didn't make enough money; and, then, she told him that he needed to get a second job.

My husband took all of their debt and gave her the home and all of the furnishings, plus alimony and child support. I didn't just blame her for overspending. I also blamed my husband for allowing it.

The overspending was a family problem, re: Watts. Please don't think that I am attributing it all to Shan'ann. They both needed to work on a budget and live within their means. If it meant her getting a different job or Chris getting a different job, they needed to agree on those things.

I also saw the inside of Shan'ann's home that she sold in NC. She left behind almost all of her expensive furnishings. The buyer said that it wasn't negotiated in the deal. I don't understand why all of these things would just be left behind.

Finally, I, in no way, support anything that Chris did with his paramour. The entire situation is sickening.

I wonder if those furnishings were bought by her first husband and she wanted nothing to do with them.

Yes, and to that extent, they're providing fuel.
Although, if there is a book, we will probably be the first to read it! I think there are many people who are fascinated by the human mind.
Nobody really cares about Watts or whether or not he gets attention. He's in prison, and will never be popular there.
Researchers will be interested in this case for years. It will be a valuable case study and much can be learned from it. Even his lies can be analyzed.
I bet they never imagined they would get so much from him so soon. Imo

Something had to change because of "health bills for Shan'ann and the girls; the image of a rich lifestyle to promote her business; the constant videos and trips." Really? Maybe the change could have been his getting a part time job to help out the family? But he chose spending money and time on another woman instead. She took a lot of home and business videos, yes, working at home, when did all the "constant trips" take place? The image of a "rich lifestyle" contributed to her making as much if not more than he did, while working at home? So why would her earning a lot be a stressor, or maybe you are suggesting a stress to his ego?

Chris asked her the day he killed her if they could sell their house and move to Brighton Co. Was it to get some financial relief? That house they were in was much more than they needed, way too expensive.

Many months ago, I researched their home purchase in CO. There was very little money put down as a down payment. The loan, I believe, was approved in Chris' name only. They also had a court case pending due to lack of HOA payments.

I also read somewhere that Chris actually called the airlines to find out the status of the flight.

Finally, I in no way support anything that Chris did with his paramour. The entire situation is sickening.
Investment in a new home includes furnishing it, not just making a dp.
CW in his latest confession suggested that SW and NUA's plane was not really delayed. That comes straight from the podcasts which attack SW, that she chose to miss a plane, got drunk, provoked him into murderous anger. His fake anecdote was just a watering down of that, and since he claims not to have internet access, only the people who call or visit him could have spread that to him.
CW could have gotten a part time job, as a well-paid mechanic for a few hours a day. Instead he spent time and money on a mistress. He didn't really have any monetary stress, he handed his paycheck straight over to bills, and spent the attaboy money cards on strange stuff instead of things for his family to help out his wife.
SW had started dealing with a realtor, but contrary to what he implies, the new downsized house was to be for the family, not just for her and her kids.
Why mention the furniture she sold to a home buyer? So what? How does that contribute to being a stressor to CW?
To work their way out of debt, why do you think she had to think about getting another job? She was already making more than her husband, working from home, what kind of job do you think she should have applied for which would earn more? How do you know they didn't "agree" on the status of their employment?

Last edited:
Chris asked her the day he killed her if they could sell their house and move to Brighton Co. Was it to get some financial relief? That house they were in was much more than they needed, way too expensive.
And that very same day, a few hours later after murdering her and her little kids, he spoke with the realtor who was already searching for a downsized house for the family. IIRC he said he would check out the house she had in mind. Brighton is where his mistress lived, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18