GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I get that, but the author didn't interview his mother IIRC, so this is just based on CW's account. SBM
from Scott Reisch video "Chris Watts IQ And His Family" Oct 8, 2019
00:49 Author Cadle: "however Cindy Watts contacted me, after the 1st or 2nd letter I wrote to Christopher, until I had wrote him back, to let me know that Christopher really wanted her to know that he would like to see me, that he would like to send me the form to come see him and that he was interested in me writing his story. So I've never met Cindy or Ronnie, but I've talked to them on the phone, and, um, as we went through that period of time when I was outlining the book and putting things together ....when Cindy and her daughter, mainly, saw that they could not control the narrative, I was pretty much dumped by them, and that's ok, because they were not going to control the narrative of this book. I wanted the truth and the facts to be out."
-------------------------
Chris Watts claims obsession with mistress led to him murdering family | Daily Mail Online
"The Watts family helped her in the beginning by sharing stories and photos but she began to question their motives.
'It turned into more of a Shanann bashing because Cindy does not believe that Christopher killed his daughters,' Cadle said. 'She believes that Cece and Bella were killed by Shanann. Their entire motive has been to clear their son's name. I understand it would be very hard to admit that your son could do anything so awful.
'In the beginning, I felt it was out of their pain but it didn't take long to see that they were trying to push the narrative of the book. When I wouldn't write what they wanted me to write, his mother became very angry with me.'
The more that the author has learned about Watts' upbringing, the more unsettled she became.
Cindy [Watts] told me that she always wanted to know his thoughts, that she would question Christopher all the time, what's on your mind? What are you thinking about? She would insist that he told her. 'Cindy also felt like he loved his father more than he loved her and that bothered her.'

Last edited:
Absolutely! The part that baffles me is what was the catalyst? Was it a mix of everything? Was he a psychopath? Or did he actually love Shanann and the girls until he didn't?
I think he definitely has the traits of someone with Anti-social Personality Disorder.
He may have been born with a genetic predisposition, and his environment helped shape his personality.

There are so many examples of how he didn't seem to understand or recognize human emotion. He read about and studied human behavior all his life, and mimicked those behaviors very well.
We only know of his researching emotions and feelings from the investigation, but I bet he had been doing that most of his life.
He hid it well by not socializing or going out with friends in college.
He even studied relationships before he married Shanann, when he did that oral report about why marriages fall apart or what keeps couples together.

His lack of emotion and empathy was likely mistaken for being awkward or nerdy, as Shanann stated, "he has no game."

His peers saw him as a good guy and he liked that image so that was what he tried to portray. I wouldn't be surprised if at one time he googled, 'how to be a good guy' or 'how to be a good father,' too.

He was happy with Shannan and the girls until he no longer felt adored and loved by them. His life no longer had meaning. He seemed to be jealous when Bella admired her grandpa's truck. Shanann's dad said he thought it was strange that Chris said, "Daddy has a truck, too."

His affair made him feel alive and loved again. He thought maybe he could just replace his family and start over again. The only way to do that, in his mind, was to get rid of the "old" family.

I bet the reason he does not want to have a psychological evaluation is that he doesn't want to acknowledge what a hollow being he is and he doesn't want anyone else to know. He's always been very concerned about how he is viewed by others.

Imo

My gut leans toward if they talked about it, it may have occurred in the 111 min phone call.
That must have been quite a call in any case. 111 minutes right before baby murdering. Or maybe he was relaxing on the phone with her while the girls were already murdered. I think the mistress was following SW on FB and knew all about it, albeit without knowing the gender until maybe that week.

Last edited:
I think he definitely has the traits of someone with Anti-social Personality Disorder.
He may have been born with a genetic predisposition, and his environment helped shape his personality.

There are so many examples of how he didn't seem to understand or recognize human emotion. He read about and studied human behavior all his life, and mimicked those behaviors very well.
We only know of his researching emotions and feelings from the investigation, but I bet he had been doing that most of his life.
He even studied relationships before he married Shanann, when he did that oral report about why marriages fall apart or what keeps couples together.

His lack of emotion and empathy was likely mistaken for being awkward or nerdy, as Shanann stated, "he has no game."

His peers saw him as a good guy and he liked that image so that was what he tried to portray. I wouldn't be surprised if at one time he googled, 'how to be a good guy' or 'how to be a good father,' too.

He was happy with Shannan and the girls until he no longer felt adored and loved by them. His life no longer had meaning. He seemed to be jealous when Bella admired her grandpa's truck. Shanann's dad said he thought it was strange that Chris said, "Daddy has a truck, too."

His affair made him feel alive and loved again. He thought maybe he could just replace his family and start over again. The only way to do that, in his mind, was to get rid of the "old" family.

I bet the reason he does not want to have a psychological evaluation is that he doesn't want to acknowledge what a hollow being he is and he doesn't want anyone else to know. He's always been very concerned about how he is viewed by others.

Imo

I agree with all of this msbetsy especially the BBM, I would love for him to agree at some point in time for psychological evaluation, there's a need to know what his thoughts were before, during and after he committed these atrocities.

Oh there are lots of things I don't believe in the new book (and his previous interviews). However I think his behavior as a boy and high school guy, as reported in the book does provide to me, a very good basis for what he turned out to be and how the mistress would have been quite a contrast to what he had been doing and believing at least thru high school, "per the book" (and through his marriage with Shan'ann from what we have seen) IMO. IMO the author did not make that up, it came from his family or from him. Some of that had to have come from the mother, as she is the one said to have overheard certain bizarre things, as detailed in the book. Why would Chris say that his mother overheard him? Everyone has to pick and choose what to believe, just as we all have since Aug 13, 2018.
BBM - The author did NOT interview the Watts family. The Author confirmed this during her interview with the defense attorney who has his own online channel. All of this is either CW's words or the Authors interpretation.

You ask why would he say this about his mother? The answer is he has said various things which we know are not true in these letters and during invetigation by LE, as other posters have pointed out, he is a proven liar.

Last edited:
BBM - The author did NOT interview the Watts family. The Author confirmed this during her interview with the defense attorney who has his owned online channel. All of this is either CW's words or the Authors interpretation.

You ask why would he say this about his mother? The answer is he has said various things which we know are not true in these letters and during invetigation by LE, as other posters have pointed out, he is a proven liar.
I believe the author. I posted the interview with Reisch and the one with the Daily Mail. I believe she spoke with the Watts, obtaining stories and photos until the family realized they could not push their own narrative that SW killed the children. IMO So, we'll just have to disagree. I do believe what she has said in interviews, I have not seen any inconsistencies. There are more interviews than the ones I posted.

If her book consists of lies, then why doesn't 34 year old adult Chris Watts (or his family) call up the media and prove that he didn't really write any of that in his letters?

Last edited:
I believe the author. I posted the interview with Reisch and the one with the Daily Mail. I believe she spoke with the Watts, obtaining stories and photos until the family realized they could not push their own narrative that SW killed the children. IMO So, we'll just have to disagree. I do believe what she has said in interviews, I have not seen any inconsistencies. There are more interviews than the ones I posted.

If her book consists of lies, then why doesn't 34 year old adult Chris Watts (or his family) call up the media and prove that he didn't really write any of that in his letters?
I agree to disagree. The book consists of CW's lies.

where does it say this? I don't believe this is true, there are plenty of videos of him singing and dancing along with the girls, remember that one in the kitchen? Was it hot diggity dog?

That was after he got married. Not before when he was a teen. The account apparently states he was super religious then.

Imo

A shell of a human. It’s chilling.

I agree to disagree. The book consists of CW's lies.

And yet isn’t Cindy Watts in her “book” also clearly stating her son was incredibly religious and that she often found him in the bathroom muttering religious things due to his perceived sins or whatever?

And his family is baptist and most southern Baptist churches don’t believe in dancing. That’s well known.

Do you think his families hatred of Shanann, helped with his decision to kill them? Their hatred for Shanann shows plainly. They didn't appear to love those little girls very much. Just my opinion but they have only whined about their son and how Shanann caused this. Nothing about the babies. JMO
Personally I think nutgate made a big difference. It’s my impression after Nutgate MaMa Watts gave CW a constant negative earful about SW (where it had previously been more passive/subtle/insideous) AND after Nutgate she roped Ronnie in too. The fact that his dad said because of tension w/SW he wasn’t comfortable visiting w/CW as much as planned when he was in NC.

I don’t know that but for nutgate SW and the girls would still be alive. But at minimum the reaction of his family probably made him feel more justified.

For what it’s worth I also 100% believe MaMa bought ice cream w/nuts deliberately and put nuts on the table to bother SW, and I would have reacted exactly the same way if my mother in law did that to my highly allergic child.

MOO

Personally I think nutgate made a big difference. It’s my impression after Nutgate MaMa Watts gave CW a constant negative earful about SW (where it had previously been more passive/subtle/insideous) AND after Nutgate she roped Ronnie in too. The fact that his dad said because of tension w/SW he wasn’t comfortable visiting w/CW as much as planned when he was in NC.

I don’t know that but for nutgate SW and the girls would still be alive. But at minimum the reaction of his family probably made him feel more justified.

For what it’s worth I also 100% believe MaMa bought ice cream w/nuts deliberately and put nuts on the table to bother SW, and I would have reacted exactly the same way if my mother in law did that to my highly allergic child.

MOO
Yes, I believe she intentionally served the icecream and nuts too, and she and her daughter were delighted in telling everyone how crazy Shannan was for accusing her of trying to "kill" her child.
All to show Shannan the importance of teaching her kids they have to learn they can't have everything they want.

I believe that whole situation was a major turning point in the way Chris felt about his wife and his family. I think he especially felt it was destroying his relationship with his father. It was around that time that he began distancing himself from his wife and his kids. I'm sure he did feel justified.

I wonder what his family would have thought about he and nicole getting married and starting a family.

Imo

Maybe legume gate just doesn't sound as good.

lol! IIRC, Cece had an allergy to tree nuts. I'm no expert on this, but I did find this on the Internet:

"Tree nuts grow on trees, whereas peanuts grow underground and are considered legumes. Tree nuts include almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios and walnuts."

I recall reading that nutgate involved pistachios.

lol! IIRC, Cece had an allergy to tree nuts. I'm no expert on this, but I did find this on the Internet:

"Tree nuts grow on trees, whereas peanuts grow underground and are considered legumes. Tree nuts include almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios and walnuts."

I recall reading that nutgate involved pistachios.
That's right! I remembered that it wasn't peanuts but couldn't recall that it was "tree" nuts that she was allergic to. (Rhymes with peanuts, though)
So I guess nut gate is appropriate after all.
What a fiasco that whole thing was!

Imo

I agree with what you've stated. I think CW is ASPD and likely psychopathic as he has no remorse whatsoever.

Many people with ASPD tend to also exhibit extreme narcissism, but CW is covertly narcissistic, always playing the nice guy, so he fooled everyone.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member