GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoGirl

Reaction score
Heartbreaking to post this update:

Bella Watts Walked In on Dad Chris Watts Disposing of Mom Shan'ann's Body: Lawyer
Posted: Mar 05, 2019 10:01 AM PSTUpdated: Mar 05, 2019 10:01 AM PST

By Inside Edition Staff, Inside Edition

The last moments of little Bella Watts’ life were filled with terror and confusion, as the 4-year-old girl walked in on her father disposing of her mother’s body before he turned his ire on her and her sister, an attorney for the victims’ family said.

Bella Watts Walked In on Dad Chris Watts Disposing of Mom Shan'ann's Body: Lawyer

MAR 5, 2019
The last moments of little Bella Watts’ life were filled with terror and confusion, as the 4-year-old girl walked in on her father disposing of her mother’s body before he turned his ire on her and her sister, an attorney for the victims’ family said.

“What are you doing with mommy?” Bella asked her father, Chris Watts, as he wrapped the body of his pregnant wife, Shan’ann Watts, in a sheet after strangling her, Steven Lambert, a lawyer for Shan’ann’s family, said during an appearance on "Dr. Phil."

In a clip of the interview, which will air Tuesday and was obtained by People, Lambert told Dr. Phil Chris killed his wife and daughters after he and Shan’ann fought over his affair.

“… [H]e essentially confessed to having an affair, that he wanted a divorce, that it was pretty much over between them,” Lambert said. “She said something to the effect of, ‘Well, you’re not going to see the kids again.’ As a consequence of that conversation, he strangled her to death.”

Last edited:
Sorry not sure how to quote a post of Charlot123 from previous thread. I agree with you that pregnant or not, he would still kill her with two babies. My only hypothetical thought that if she would not be pregnant she would not come back to CO. Chance is that after those horrible things he told he she would get pissed and hurt and told him she is staying with her parents till he makes up his mind ( she could easily do it since her work was online) and this would make it harder for him to kill her...

Sorry not sure how to quote a post of Charlot123 from previous thread. I agree with you that pregnant or not, he would still kill her with two babies. My only hypothetical thought that if she would not be pregnant she would not come back to CO. Chance is that after those horrible things he told he she would get pissed and hurt and told him she is staying with her parents till he makes up his mind ( she could easily do it since her work was online) and this would make it harder for him to kill her...
He didn't tell her he had a mistress while she was in NC. In fact, there is nothing that convinces me he EVER told her. One of the agents, Lee or Coder asked him if he told her, he said, paraphrased, she guessed, or she probably knew. I don't think he ever told her, and the only ones he apparently told were his family, to an extent. Family meaning Mother, father, sis. And his friend Mark.

NuttMegg, yes I think she did not know to the full extend that things went too far for CW and he was done with her. But he definitely told her that he does not want a baby no more and he was rude and distant. She I am sure had huge doubts in in her heart she knew that somebody else is involved ( woman), just like all of us did not want to believe in the worst...In fact, SW family and even her mom's friends knew that marriage was on the rocks and most likely over...So if only she stayed in NC a little longer the way her mom asked her to...Anyway , shoulda woulda coulda....Just playing scenarios in my head trying to think if something could go different and those beautiful family was not gone...

NuttMegg, yes I think she did not know to the full extend that things went too far for CW and he was done with her. But he definitely told her that he does not want a baby no more and he was rude and distant. She I am sure had huge doubts in in her heart she knew that somebody else is involved ( woman), just like all of us did not want to believe in the worst...In fact, SW family and even her mom's friends knew that marriage was on the rocks and most likely over...So if only she stayed in NC a little longer the way her mom asked her to...Anyway , shoulda woulda coulda....Just playing scenarios in my head trying to think if something could go different and those beautiful family was not gone...
No, I don't think he said he didn't love her anymore, to her, until he was choking her to death if even then. And he certainly didn't say it to anyone in her family. The week before he murdered her he had agreed to a romantic vacation with her, and she had arranged baby sitters. Why would she stay in NC longer? Their children were starting school, they were arranging pre-financing to get a different home, there was no way for her to know that he was involved with another woman, because he was afraid to tell her. What would you do if your husband was all onboard for another baby, and then 4 months later was vacillating? Would you move out and give him the house, or would you try to work it out, given that he had been gung ho shortly before? And hands all over her romantically just before she left for NC? I understand you are musing over things that "could have" happened, a meteor could have fallen on Frederick, too.

I could tell what I would do in that situation but it does not matter, I am not Shannan and we all are different... Yes, he could not be super openly hostile with her - he needed her to still trust him so he could kill her...And sadly, she loved him a lot - so she was ready to do anything to fight for him..
I have a feeling that the only person that felt that something sinister might happen was Sandy - that's why she shared with her friend (s) and had that premonition that only mother can have...

I don't think he ever told her, and the only ones he apparently told were his family, to an extent. Family meaning Mother, father, sis. And his friend Mark.
This made something dawn on me. Remember the so-called letter CW allegedly wrote and his family remembered at the last second (that LE never saw)? Perhaps if the Watts family was aware of the affair and were under the impression CW was going to break the news to SW when he returned to CO that he wanted a divorce, this explains the origin of the letter. Perhaps he prepped his parents into believing he felt SW would snap and so they convinced him to write that letter. He essentially groomed them into believing SW was crazy before committing the murders.

How do they not see they were all pawns in his premeditated plan to kill his family? This explains why Cindy said she thought SW took off with the girls to "scare" CW. She said she never believed SW was missing, she thought she was getting revenge and running away. How do they not see that this was planned? He staged for them to believe SW was capable of disappearing right before he made her "disappear".

This also raises more questions for me about NK. Was she in the loop about this whole thing since she was in contact with his family? Perhaps SW going "missing" wasn't a huge shock to her? She didn't seem surprised when he asked her about SW's ring. Maybe it only became a shock when CW ended up on TV and that's when it hit the fan. Perhaps when she told him "don't talk to me until this is over" meant "don't talk to me until SW comes back." When that started to look like it won't happen perhaps that's when the wheels started turning in NK's head about everything.

Just speculating there.

I could tell what I would do in that situation but it does not matter, I am not Shannan and we all are different... Yes, he could not be super openly hostile with her - he needed her to still trust him so he could kill her...And sadly, she loved him a lot - so she was ready to do anything to fight for him..
I have a feeling that the only person that felt that something sinister might happen was Sandy - that's why she shared with her friend (s) and had that premonition that only mother can have...
Sandy does seem to have a gift, she seems like a wonderful person and mother.
RE Shan'ann, she didn't know what situation she was in, as he didn't clue her in. Also didn't tell her that if she didn't read his mind he would murder the children.

Although women cheat, the question I have here is a out men.

It seems like 99.999% of the time, men divorce when they have someone else on board. Most people are ordinary and certainly will have financial stress when having to support two households.

Most people are living paycheck to paycheck if studies are accurate.

So how could anyone tell if their SO will be a killer?

CW was not young so he had history of friends and activities. SW thought he was a great father and her parents lived with them for months and apparently did not see anything wrong.

Her brother lived with them as well.

No one saw through the mask.

Plenty of people have unfortunate parents. People have abuse and sexual abuse in their backgrounds. Yet, they are not killers.

What is it?

I saw the red flags list posted and not much stands out to me that wouldn’t fit so many people

This made something dawn on me. Remember the so-called letter CW allegedly wrote and his family remembered at the last second (that LE never saw)? Perhaps if the Watts family was aware of the affair and were under the impression CW was going to break the news to SW when he returned to CO that he wanted a divorce, this explains the origin of the letter. Perhaps he prepped his parents into believing he felt SW would snap and so they convinced him to write that letter. He essentially groomed them into believing SW was crazy before committing the murders.

How do they not see they were all pawns in his premeditated plan to kill his family? This explains why Cindy said she thought SW took off with the girls to "scare" CW. She said she never believed SW was missing, she thought she was getting revenge and running away. How do they not see that this was planned? He staged for them to believe SW was capable of disappearing right before he made her "disappear".

This also raises more questions for me about NK. Was she in the loop about this whole thing since she was in contact with his family? Perhaps SW going "missing" wasn't a huge shock to her? She didn't seem surprised when he asked her about SW's ring. Maybe it only became a shock when CW ended up on TV and that's when it hit the fan. Perhaps when she told him "don't talk to me until this is over" meant "don't talk to me until SW comes back." When that started to look like it won't happen perhaps that's when the wheels started turning in NK's head about everything.

Just speculating there.
I had kind of brushed off the letter as "nutgate revenge", but you might be right. I just don't know if CW was able to actually plan that well.
In my mind the crucial time frame was from the dinner with the mistress on Saturday night when he suddenly bothered to tell her that he only had a few late afternoon/early evening hours with her because he needed a babysitter. (Oh, and my wife is out of town, and I still can't go spend the night with you because of "them") I think that cracked the volcano with her, and she went off on one of her ledges as he put that frequent scenario.
Then the 111 minute phone call from her just before he turned to murder them.
It was his fault that he let the situation build up by being dishonest to everyone, something had to happen that weekend.
I brush Cindy's remarks off as well, Cindy, who I have no respect for. She had been trying to plant bad things about SW into her son's mind for so long it was just like going to work every day for her, start bashing SW all day until the sun set. I think they call that situation "festering". As in a wound that was still open 10 years later because it was picked at all day.

ETA, in reading the transcript from CBI again, it jumps off the page that CW said 4 times, in slightly different words, paraphrased "If only I had gone to the Broncos' game with Jeremy". The course of history would have been different. So, yep, some switch turned in his head Saturday night. Probably, as many have said, "ultimatum" night.

Last edited:
I had kind of brushed off the letter as "nutgate revenge", but you might be right. I just don't know if CW was able to actually plan that well.
In my mind the crucial time frame was from the dinner with the mistress on Saturday night when he suddenly bothered to tell her that he only had a few late afternoon/early evening hours with her because he needed a babysitter. (Oh, and my wife is out of town, and I still can't go spend the night with you because of "them") I think that cracked the volcano with her, and she went off on one of her ledges as he put that frequent scenario.
Then the 111 minute phone call from her just before he turned to murder them.
It was his fault that he let the situation build up by being dishonest to everyone, something had to happen that weekend.
I brush Cindy's remarks off as well, Cindy, who I have no respect for. She had been trying to plant bad things about SW into her son's mind for so long it was just like going to work every day for her, start bashing SW all day until the sun set. I think they call that situation "festering". As in a wound that was still open 10 years later because it was picked at all day.

ETA, in reading the transcript from CBI again, it jumps off the page that CW said 4 times, in slightly different words, paraphrased "If only I had gone to the Broncos' game with Jeremy". The course of history would have been different. So, yep, some switch turned in his head Saturday night. Probably, as many have said, "ultimatum" night.

IIRC, in one of her interviews, NK said she saw him for a few hours on Wednesday and the next time she saw him was Saturday afternoon-evening, for dinner.

They may have seen one another in the mornings, at work after he returned from CO, but not the same as alone time. He had been out of town, with his wife and kids for more than a week.

NK was used to having him sleep at her place just about every night. I agree - Saturday night was ultimatum night.

IIRC, in one of her interviews, NK said she saw him for a few hours on Wednesday and the next time she saw him was Saturday afternoon-evening, for dinner.

They may have seen one another in the mornings, at work after he returned from CO, but not the same as alone time. He had been out of town, with his wife and kids for more than a week.

NK was used to having him sleep at her place just about every night. I agree - Saturday night was ultimatum night.
Did you ever get it clear who really took SW to the airport on Friday?
I know he took the day off to "take her to the airport" (Friday), but then I also read that Nickole took her to the airport, leaving her car there. I think Nickole said so.
Anyway he must have spent the night at home with the children on Friday, but I find it odd that he didn't tell NK all day Friday, Friday night, all day Saturday, until Saturday night that SW was out of town.

Last edited:
He didn't tell her he had a mistress while she was in NC. In fact, there is nothing that convinces me he EVER told her. One of the agents, Lee or Coder asked him if he told her, he said, paraphrased, she guessed, or she probably knew. I don't think he ever told her, and the only ones he apparently told were his family, to an extent. Family meaning Mother, father, sis. And his friend Mark.
I’m convinced you are right — he never told her. Far easier to kill her than to have that comversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresalwayssomething