CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched documentary. Disgusting when female cop suggests to chris that shanann killed the children because chicks are crazy.

I saw that cop interviewed and rubbing his back asking if he was ok as if she cared about his feelings when she knew he was a murderer but she had to play that game to find Shannan and her babies.

OMG he deserves black nothingness.
He’s relaying things that imo he is relishing in. No more.

In Australia we locked up a mass murderer never to speak his name again because he constantly wanted attention on what he’d done. This should be happening to CW.
CW should be first in line on death row.

During their correspondence, Watts revealed gruesome details about the August 2018 murders in Colorado and how he smothered his 35-year-old wife and children.

"Her eyes filled with blood; as she looked at me and she died.....................," Watts recalled after killing his wife in a bombshell letter to Cheryln.

Chris Watts' parents say they live with tragedy of losing grandkids 'every day'

Just watched documentary. Disgusting when female cop suggests to chris that shanann killed the children because chicks are crazy.
The female investigator Tammy was a pro. She was simply playing a role, giving Chris an "out" in order to get him to confess and trap him in a lie that they could disprove. She had his number.

" will never, ever get over this. It's something that stays with you"...
-----------------------
Right Cindy, it does kind of stay with her family too.
--------------------------------
BBM
"Ronnie, 63, added: "He has not been able to watch it [the documentary], he was never told about it or asked about it.
"It was about typical of what I thought it would be, I wasn't shocked by any of it really.
"They asked if we wanted to see it before it was released, which I declined to, [but] I wanted to see what the narrative was going to be."
--------------------------------------------------------------
Good old Ronnie "what'd you do, haul off the bodies" Watts.
"Watts sobbed in court as he pleaded guilty to five counts of murder in the first degree, three counts of tampering with a deceased human body, and one count of unlawful termination of a pregnancy."
-------------------------
No, he didn't SOB. We all saw the video. His knee pumped up and down a bit, and one tear rolled down his face when the DA related how Bella bit her tongue multiple times and her frenulum ripped as he murdered her. Just before he crammed her in the oil tank, 8" diameter hole IIRC. Scraped her skin, and he noted how the sound of her hitting the toxic sludge was different than the sound when he stuffed Cece in the other tank, because of the different levels of oil and water in the tanks.

The female investigator Tammy was a pro. She was simply playing a role, giving Chris an "out" in order to get him to confess and trap him in a lie that they could disprove. She had his number.

I didn't like it either. What if CW had gone to trial, and they had some crazy jury like "Casey Anthony"? "Well, we don't know for sure how the girls died, CW has a compelling story...". And it was really in response to Sha'nann's actions....blah, blah...

I didn't like how it made CW the "hero". And CW is so dense, he would have never made up a story like that on his own.

I don't know why CW didn't lawyer up from the beginning. It wouldn't have made any difference though.

I didn't like it either. What if CW had gone to trial, and they had some crazy jury like "Casey Anthony"? "Well, we don't know for sure how the girls died, CW has a compelling story...". And it was really in response to Sha'nann's actions....blah, blah...

I didn't like how it made CW the "hero". And CW is so dense, he would have never made up a story like that on his own.

I don't know why CW didn't lawyer up from the beginning. It wouldn't have made any difference though.
He even said the thought entered his mind (that Shan'ann did it) only when Tammy brought it up. (At the last interview. some 5-7 hours IIRC.) We all know what they would have tried to pin on Shan'ann if there had been a trial, they're still over there on YT ripping her apart on that one channel. If he had asked for a lawyer, we'd still be waiting for the trial, and his parents would be badmouthing her endlessly.

I don't understand why CW didn't ask for a lawyer either. Did he really think he could get away with this?

But I think the fact that he DIDN'T request a lawyer put the pressure on Law Enforcement to try to get a confession out of him before he lawyered up. It's a common technique for investigators to give the defendant an "out." Even if investigators have no evidence of what they are conveniently suggesting to the defendant. They sympathize with the suspect. Say they could even understand why he did it. Was it self-defense? Did that awful victim start it and he had no choice? Was he just trying to protect his family? Did he lose his cool in one awful second? Did his hands accidentally slip? Whatever. If they can just convince the defendant to tell just one more lie, it would instantly do away with the "they went missing" claim or mysterious "masked men" or whatever fiction the defendant is trying to blame his crime on.

And then the investigators give a "reward." They thank the defendant for coming clean, for being so honest and telling the truth and doing such a hard thing. And then.... that's when they can really get to work. "But here's the thing...." And start hammering away at the details and poking holes in the story.

There's a mantra in law enforcement... "Lie to me. Please lie to me." Sometimes a provable lie is just as good as the truth.

I can't believe he even gave the "confession" he gave without asking for a lawyer first! But... this is the family who didn't seem to even seek legal counsel before letting some random person from the internet email the judge on mommy's behalf asking if he could give her a ring, so who knows!

I don't understand why CW didn't ask for a lawyer either. Did he really think he could get away with this?

But I think the fact that he DIDN'T request a lawyer put the pressure on Law Enforcement to try to get a confession out of him before he lawyered up. It's a common technique for investigators... But... this is the family who didn't seem to even seek legal counsel before letting some random person from the internet email the judge on mommy's behalf asking if he could give her a ring, so who knows!
What do you mean about the judge and the ring?

What do you mean about the judge and the ring?
After Chris Watts took the plea agreement, his mother was very unhappy that he did so. Chris wouldn't take her phone calls. She felt that his public defenders were treating him inhumanely and coercing him into taking a plea deal. (Not true.) Chris was refusing her calls because he didn't want to talk to her. Some random person from a YouTube blogger channel wrote a letter on Cindy Watt's behalf, requesting that the judge in the case give Chris' mother a call ("give her a ring.") The whole thing was entered into public record and kind of low brow and cringe-worthy. Why they didn't seek actual legal advice from a qualified professional, I have no idea. The judge entered into the record that it would be inappropriate for him to call the defendant's mother in a criminal case and declined to call.

Parents of Chris Watts tell judge they have been denied access to their son | Daily Mail Online

Letter: https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...on/19th_Judicial_District/LETTER TO COURT.pdf

Court's response to letter:
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...strict/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/Order 23.pdf

Attachments

• letter.jpg
    letter.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 42
I get less upset by (CBI investigator) Tammy’s approach when I remember at the time of that interview we still thought Bella and CeCe might be alive out there somewhere. Because of the “locked from the inside” house, phone/purse/meds left behind, Nate’s security video and CW’s actions that day we knew Shan’ann had to be dead and Chris killed her. But he always seemed to love his girls with all his heart. We had real hope the girls were hidden somewhere and still alive. Shan’ann herself would have wanted everything possible to be done if it might save her daughters. I’m not mad at Tammy.

On the other hand, I almost came unglued at his sentencing hearing when his (female) defense attorney rubbed and patted his back to sooth him. I was several rows behind them and couldn’t miss it. If you hear muttered cursing in the background, that was me.

" will never, ever get over this. It's something that stays with you"...
-----------------------
Right Cindy, it does kind of stay with her family too.
--------------------------------
BBM
"Ronnie, 63, added: "He has not been able to watch it [the documentary], he was never told about it or asked about it.
"It was about typical of what I thought it would be, I wasn't shocked by any of it really.
"They asked if we wanted to see it before it was released, which I declined to, [but] I wanted to see what the narrative was going to be."
Good old Ronnie "what'd you do, haul off the bodies" Watts.
"Watts sobbed in court as he pleaded guilty to five counts of murder in the first degree, three counts of tampering with a deceased human body, and one count of unlawful termination of a pregnancy."
-------------------------
No, he didn't SOB. We all saw the video. His knee pumped up and down a bit, and one tear rolled down his face when the DA related how Bella bit her tongue multiple times and her frenulum ripped as he murdered her. Just before he crammed her in the oil tank, 8" diameter hole IIRC. Scraped her skin, and he noted how the sound of her hitting the toxic sludge was different than the sound when he stuffed Cece in the other tank, because of the different levels of oil and water in the tanks.
EXACTLY!

He even said the thought entered his mind (that Shan'ann did it) only when Tammy brought it up. (At the last interview. some 5-7 hours IIRC.) We all know what they would have tried to pin on Shan'ann if there had been a trial, they're still over there on YT ripping her apart on that one channel. If he had asked for a lawyer, we'd still be waiting for the trial, and his parents would be badmouthing her endlessly.

I saw a short clip of the Facebook documentary (?), that will be on FB on October 23. All about CW and his family. Their pain, their grief...and how CW has "found Jesus" in prison.

An overbearing wife drives a man.... to hang out in his man cave. An overbearing wife drives a man.... to complain to his man friends. Golf more, run more.

How anyone can feel sorry for CW is beyond me. He was LUCKY to be married to a strong woman, one unafraid to voice her needs. One who was raising little girls to be self-assured and well-adjusted, dancing and singing, happy and secure. His response? He murdered his entire family, and with his bare hands, no less. With premeditation and callousness. He plotted to kill them....and the details, which he finds some putrid satisfaction in sharing -- are beyond atrocious.

And all without a drop of remorse. I'm sorry, it's indefensible to defend him. One gets the sense that some people have made excuses for him his whole life, as if he can't possibly be responsible for anything that happens to him. Weak, weak, weak. Shameful IMO.

DISGUST isn't a big enough word.

Reading nightly stories to the babies he annihilated????? No, just no. No, Daddy, no.

We need a bill, RIGHT NOW, that PROHIBITS prisoners from possessing photos of their victims.

He deserves NOTHING that provides him solace.

JMmadO

I saw a short clip of the Facebook documentary (?), that will be on FB on October 23. All about CW and his family. Their pain, their grief...and how CW has "found Jesus" in prison.
That should be interesting. From the snippets I've seen, (but not heard) of the 3 people in the family smiling jovially while talking with CW in the slammer, I have to wonder when all of this occurred. I seriously doubt that those videos were taken just before the sentencing, when they each had time to speak to CW through a monitor. And they didn't speak at all to him, even on the phone after his murders before the plea, iirc. And we knew about his new-found religion back from Cadle's book, through the letters he wrote.

Well, I definitely won't be watching that one. I don't want to listen to the murderer's mother talk about how Chris was never the same after he met Shanann and all the vile things she said about her. She and her daughter didn't waste any time badmouthing Shanann on SM and portraying Chris as the victim, which is probably the main reason he still has so many supporters.

Well, I definitely won't be watching that one. I don't want to listen to the murderer's mother talk about how Chris was never the same after he met Shanann and all the vile things she said about her. She and her daughter didn't waste any time badmouthing Shanann on SM and portraying Chris as the victim, which is probably the main reason he still has so many supporters.

Shanann could have been the worst person ever (she wasn't). Whatever they want to say about her is irrelevant to a monster who killed a pregnant woman, and two little girls. There is zero justification for this.

It reminds me of the case where a neighbor boy killed the girl across the street. Her family was in grief, but for years later, they were disgusted and angered by clergy who routinely visited the killer's family, support and petions for the killer to be allowed leave to visit his mother with cancer, on and on....always news stories about the killer, his life, his new found "religion"...meanwhile, their daughter as a victim was completely marginalized by the celebrated ongoing "victimhood" of her killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz