CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow - I decided to go back to the very first thread - and @gitana1 posts caught my eye- curious, did you have a feeling way back then?

"Hopefully they're just having marital difficulties and she left to get some space."

--------
Post #11
"Uh oh. I hope someone picked her up.

I mean would the husband have time to hurt all three, and the dispose of them, clean up any evidence, before calmly getting ready for work?"

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."
gitana1, Aug 14, 2018 Report
#11 Like

Wow - I would like to see more of that interview - I may watch it again more closely. Even if he is separated - yikes!
Maybe @PommyMommy is around to remind me what the source of this is, there was quite a report on the first day she went to Shan'ann's house to visit CW while SW was on the east coast. He had spent the night at Nichol's place the night of the 3rd July, and on the morning of the 4th CW had to suddenly leave so that he could get SW's calls at home. Then, later on that day, 4th July, NK went over to the house, they had lunch there, she went there to help him with his macro diet app, she said. She went up to the area where the bedrooms were, and commented on how many books the girls had. She got bent out of shape at seeing all the evidence like pics of the actual wife of the house, had a snit fit, and went out to her car to sit in it, while texting with CW who was in the house. Then she visited Shan'ann's house one other time, about 10 days later, IIRC. First she told the investigators she just went there only once, then changed her story to two times. I think the report of her visits to the house were in CW's interviews on Feb 18 2019 with FBI, etc. IIRC Or maybe part from her interrogation and part from him, later.

Last edited:
I call BS on some of this report. Why would she be coming and going from that house, parking her car in the front, during the daytime on the 4th of July, the one day of the year nearly every family would be doing barbeque, playing in the yard with kids. Too bad that was apparently too long before neighbor tapes would have recorded it. (?)

I bet she came in from the back. IMO

I call BS on some of this report. Why would she be coming and going from that house, parking her car in the front, during the daytime on the 4th of July, the one day of the year nearly every family would be doing barbeque, playing in the yard with kids. Too bad that was apparently too long before neighbor tapes would have recorded it. (?)

I bet she came in from the back. IMO

My guess: she knew they weren't separated and wanted to be seen/him caught. The neighbors & friends would know she wasn't Shanann, that Shanann hadn't been home in weeks and was hoping someone would out her to Shanann. Its not uncommon for mistresses to try to force the husband to choose between them and the wife, and if Shanann found out and kicked CW out, he would probably go stay with NK. Having been in Shanann's shoes up until the murder part, Ive learned way too much about how husbands and their mistresses think. still moo

I think they have bots that scour the public records in high profile cases - either electronic or researchers. We have to file a court action on a name change - just like a lawsuit - hearings, etc.

I am curious though - did she never once look at his social media and see he was married with children or did he not have any accounts?

Of course she did. IMO

I’ve decided to go back and start at the beginning - I bowed out of her thread when it was just too much for me but I feel I can’t discuss it intelligently with you all without catching up - your knowledge on this thread is vast and I admire those that have stuck through this these past two years ..
JMO

I think that CW's "honey" was lucky CW was caught so quickly. I have no doubt that CW thought he could come home from work, and would have had time to ditch Shanann's car. He would have had to involve her to pick him up. She could have easily been arrested on conspiracy charges.

wow - I decided to go back to the very first thread - and @gitana1 posts caught my eye- curious, did you have a feeling way back then?

"Hopefully they're just having marital difficulties and she left to get some space."

--------
Post #11
"Uh oh. I hope someone picked her up.

I mean would the husband have time to hurt all three, and the dispose of them, clean up any evidence, before calmly getting ready for work?"

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."
gitana1, Aug 14, 2018 Report
#11 Like

No car being involved in the disappearance was the first sign to me that this could be very bad. But I was hopeful they were alive. I also considered that she could’ve harmed the girls and herself.

But when we heard about the doors being locked from the inside, it rapidly became clear.

Then he gave his interviews. I knew, then.

No car being involved in the disappearance was the first sign to me that this could be very bad. But I was hopeful they were alive. I also considered that she could’ve harmed the girls and herself.

But when we heard about the doors being locked from the inside, it rapidly became clear.

Thank you - I followed this loosely Back in 2018 and stayed away when it seemed mom was being blamed and then watched the Netflix documentary- and went back and started at the very first thread - your posts were spot on and Your insight is always appreciated ...
JMO

I just had to laugh at the Daily Mail printing an article about NK wanting to hide her identity by changing her name, but then plastering about 13 pictures of her all over the article so we're sure not to forget her face. I would feel sorry for her but shrug, yeah not so much.

Plus as others have pointed out, a haircut and color change would go a long way towards making her unrecognizable. She had a decent figure, but her face is very average and unremarkable. (Meoooowch, yes I'm feeling catty.)

On another topic, there's no way I'm watching that Facebook documentary put out by Clan Watts. I cannot stomach to listen to or read one single word from those apologists and victim-blamers.

I don't recall if I interacted much at the time but I followed in the early days and watch along side many others while his porch front interview aired live.
That rocking/shifting from side to side, arms folded over his torso.
That weird, twitchy smile.
Even for so many who really didn't know much about body language from liars (myself included), folks just KNEW.
It was palpable in all the messages flying back and forth.
He was quite probably one of the worst guilty liars I've ever had the displeasure of watching lie.

I feel like it portrayed her honestly. It's okay for someone to be imperfect. Imperfection doesn't mean you deserve to be murdered. Everyone has flaws and is imperfect.
I do think that once someone has been killed in such a way then there is room to be more forgiving of their flaws than you would otherwise. They have been robbed of the chance to grow and change.

Unlike a lot of people here I feel like his mistress isn't really to blame in any way? She was told he was separated. Even if he blatantly told her he was cheating, it's still not her fault. It's Chris's.

Also she went to the cops and told them she didn't think he was acting the way he should be, and she stopped seeing him. Given how many women stand by their murdering men and/or strike up a relationship KNOWING they're murderers (of their wives no less), I think that does count for something.

Shanann, Cece and Bella are dead because of Chris, no other reason. If it wasn't this woman it would have been another. I actually think she's lucky she didn't end up with the same fate.
Although I’m not blaming NK in any way my DH who doesn’t typically follow cases mentioned that NK is believed to have been in the neighborhood prior and during the murders/ abductions. Can anyone familiar deny or confirm his theory because he watched the Netflix and has apparently researched further enough to bring it up. I’m not looking to blame anyone else but is there truth to the idea that NK was tied to the neighborhood then? TIA!

Although I’m not blaming NK in any way my DH who doesn’t typically follow cases mentioned that NK is believed to have been in the neighborhood prior and during the murders/ abductions. Can anyone familiar deny or confirm his theory because he watched the Netflix and has apparently researched further enough to bring it up. I’m not looking to blame anyone else but is there truth to the idea that NK was tied to the neighborhood then? TIA!
Look up where and when her phone pinged that morning, and if it had ever pinged in that particular area before. I'm sorry I can't remember if it is in the discovery or if the info was released later by LE, but it was released. There are YT sites that presented the phone pings in detail. With maps, normal routes to work, etc.

JMO but I don't think he had any help from her re murdering them or moving the bodies. But they had a long phone call late the night before, IIRC 111 minutes, just short of 2 hours. Neither of them would divulge what that was all about. It's my own personal opinion that between the date on Saturday and the phone call on Sunday night there was an ultimatum presented to him. That's what I think.

Last edited:
Look up where and when her phone pinged that morning, and if it had ever pinged in that particular area before. I'm sorry I can't remember if it is in the discovery or if the info was released later. There are YT sites that presented the phone pings in detail. With maps, normal routes to work, etc.

JMO but I don't think he had any help from her re murdering them or moving the bodies. But they had a long phone call late the night before, IIRC 111 minutes, just short of 2 hours. Neither of them would divulge what that was all about. It's my own personal opinion that between the day on Saturday and the phone call on Sunday night there was an ultimatum presented to him. That's what I think.
Thank you! This is a case that sucks the life out of me and I was surprised DH knew more than me. I truly appreciate your reply! Why do we do this again?!

I don't recall if I interacted much at the time but I followed in the early days and watch along side many others while his porch front interview aired live.
That rocking/shifting from side to side, arms folded over his torso.
That weird, twitchy smile.
Even for so many who really didn't know much about body language from liars (myself included), folks just KNEW.
It was palpable in all the messages flying back and forth.
He was quite probably one of the worst guilty liars I've ever had the displeasure of watching lie.
I learned about the case later that week when oil drums or tanks were being discussed. I couldn't believe a person could throw his kids in oil, and at that time everyone was still wondering if it was a 55 gal drum, or what. Then, I saw the videos, and my impression was that "Why is he so clean and well dressed, freshly shaven, etc"? I would have been a complete wreck had my family gone missing.

Last edited:
I feel like it portrayed her honestly. It's okay for someone to be imperfect. Imperfection doesn't mean you deserve to be murdered. Everyone has flaws and is imperfect.
I do think that once someone has been killed in such a way then there is room to be more forgiving of their flaws than you would otherwise. They have been robbed of the chance to grow and change.

Unlike a lot of people here I feel like his mistress isn't really to blame in any way? She was told he was separated. Even if he blatantly told her he was cheating, it's still not her fault. It's Chris's.

Also she went to the cops and told them she didn't think he was acting the way he should be, and she stopped seeing him. Given how many women stand by their murdering men and/or strike up a relationship KNOWING they're murderers (of their wives no less), I think that does count for something.

Shanann, Cece and Bella are dead because of Chris, no other reason. If it wasn't this woman it would have been another. I actually think she's lucky she didn't end up with the same fate.

That woman’s electronics showed she repeatedly searched social media for Shannan Watts, during the time she was dating Chris. So she had to have known Shannan was pregnant and praising her husband Chris. No sign of separation.

Her texts to her girlfriend also showed her resentfully sulking about how she wanted a man with whom she could have “firsts” with, like having kids. But Chris already had them.

She seems like a shady narcissist to me. Much like his mother. I think it’s clear this woman fully knew he was married, not separated and had a baby on the way, but wanted the guy.

However, she had to punish him for having a family and repeatedly reassure herself that she was more important than them, by doing things like petulantly insist he “get back together” with his wife and making comments and doing things to try to make him prove she was the most important thing to him.

Did she murder the family? Did she participate? No.

But I think it’s quite clear she was the trigger. And while I’m sure she didn’t intend for him to kill his family, I think she was engaged in a sick, personality disordered push-pull, probably much like his own mother, and she didn’t much care about the fallout for the wife and kids from that. She just cared about herself and what she wanted.

IMO, she’s not a good human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member