CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall the NK video was in the mass discovery release. I don't recall if it was all 3 hours but I recall the video of NK being interviewed with her father present.

Frankie indicates that this particular video has not been released before. This is the second interview she did with LE, not the first one. IMO she has a slightly less defensive tone in this one. She also reveals a lot more about CW's financial concerns with SW.

This is what Frankie wrote about this video (which can be seen underneath it on YT):

"Other channels are looking for this video, I have it and I am releasing it first since you are all trying to beat each other in getting this out. This is about the murder of my family and no one else cares more about justice than we do. This does not mean we suspect Nichol Kessinger had any involvement, we are just releasing a unreleased piece of the discovery since it is become an issue with other channels."

Frankie indicates that this particular video has not been released before. This is the second interview she did with LE, not the first one. IMO she has a slightly less defensive tone in this one. She also reveals a lot more about CW's financial concerns with SW.

This is what Frankie wrote about this video (which can be seen underneath it on YT):

"Other channels are looking for this video, I have it and I am releasing it first since you are all trying to beat each other in getting this out. This is about the murder of my family and no one else cares more about justice than we do. This does not mean we suspect Nichol Kessinger had any involvement, we are just releasing a unreleased piece of the discovery since it is become an issue with other channels."
Very cleverly addressed by Frankie

NK's guilty knowedge seeps out of her IMO.

I agree on the tone.

I think when you watch this video, you have to keep in mind, how would a relatively unsophisticated person act, when their lover just murdered his whole family.

It's also important to remember the fog of war - in other words, she doesn't know everything about the case when she took various actions early on.

I generally believe her at a top line level. I think she tries to cast herself in the best possible light, because she is scared and likely deeply embarrassed/humiliated, not to mention angry, at what has happened

So for example, where she talks about how she tried to help CW - that is about trying to make herself look better.

Has anyone seen this? Newly posted on Frankie's Youtube channel .. I haven't seen this before. Its a long interview with NK by LE
I came across it yesterday. Haven't finished watching it. But just in the first few minutes there are several times she appears to be lying with what we know at this point. For example, she says "it's been so long" that she can't remember Chris' work cell number and she doesn't have it on her phone. I think it had been 7 days when this interview was conducted. She also mentions that she didn't know Shanann's name until they were together for a while. All imo.

In this second video, we hear NK genuinely cry for the first time and express anger at CW. I think she softened a bit after her first interview with LE. I also thought she came across as having a bit of empathy in this interview and, in my mind, it humanized her a bit more.

There is a very telling moment in the interview, near the end, when she talks about how she was telling CW that all of the furnishings in her apartment were from second hand stores or from Craigslist (because managing her finances was very important to her), and he apparently gave her one of the most genuine, deepest hugs he had ever given her. I can't recall if he also said something like "I didn't know women like you existed." She said at the time she didn't think too much about it, but looking back, that moment stood out as one that revealed CW's mindset around the issue of finances and how important that was to him.

From what she shares in this interview, in her perspective, she felt finances were the biggest issue for CW, coupled with that he would not assert himself in the relationship with SW. I appreciated that she would admit that part of the problem was CW not speaking up, and she didn't put the blame solely on SW.

My impression of her from this interview is that she is very intelligent and had her *advertiser censored* together. I can see why CW was attracted to her, and as they got to know each other, and he learned about her financial values and habits, that became a big draw for him given the financial situation he had with SW (which of course is both of their faults, not just SW).

Don't misconstrue these comments to mean I am a fan of NK. I've never believed she was actually involved, but I thought she has always minimized her own feelings towards CW as well as what forms of pressures or ultimatums she may have given him.

I wish she had just given LE her phone with everything on there and been totally open in the interviews so we could all believe her. But I also can see how she would be extremely ashamed about any comments she might have made that revealed pressure/ultimatum type stuff. I mean, to do that with a guy who has little kids and then he kills his whole family, that would be very hard to live with. Not excusing her, but I can kind of get that.

I recommend listening to the whole thing. It definitely adds some aspects to this whole case that we didn't have before.

Last edited:
I wish she had just given LE her phone with everything on there and been totally open in the interviews so we could all believe her. But I also can see how she would be extremely ashamed about any comments she might have made that revealed pressure/ultimatum type stuff. I mean, to do that with a guy who has little kids and then he kills his whole family, that would be very hard to live with. Not excusing her, but I can kind of get that.

BIB - agreed. I get why people don't like her, but she is in a very real way one of the victims here.

999,999,999 times out of 1,000,000,000 there is a messy divorce and everyone moves on with their lives.

Imagine having to live with this.

Not to be crass, but its all fun and games until the still-married guy murders his entire family to be with you*.

*with the caveat that the reasons he wants to be with you came long before you showed up and he should have dealt with rather than having an affair.

Not to be crass, but its all fun and games until the still-married guy murders his entire family to be with you*.

*with the caveat that the reasons he wants to be with you came long before you showed up and he should have dealt with rather than having an affair.

In NK defense, CW told her that he was separated from his wife. NK believed CW. The fact that CW is a liar, is not NK's fault.

In NK defense, CW told her that he was separated from his wife. NK believed CW. The fact that CW is a liar, is not NK's fault.
And if they truly met in June 2018, SM in North Carolina for several weeks provided CW with the perfect front as a separated guy living in the basement of the marital home.

(I believe CW's own testimony is that he spent nearly every night at NK's place while SW and the girls were in NC).

I finished the book. Quick read, and very interesting. Seemed to victim blame Shanann quite a bit. Interesting information about NK, especially that she had checked out CW, online, about 9 months before their affair started.

The book tries to make CW as sympathetic, which pretty much ends when the reality is that even if he hated his wife, SW, there was no reason to kill Bella and CeCe. Apparently, in his head, they were barriers to his new fantasy life with NK.

Apparently, in his head, they were barriers to his new fantasy life with NK.
My theory has always been that after he got to have his little 6 weeks of fun with the other woman, he probably did the math on alimony and child support and realized that there was no way he was sustaining that carefree lifestyle if he left the family and went through with a divorce.

I don't think NK had any direct involvement. Did she influence his decision? Absolutely. He wanted a new life. Did she do it knowing what he would do? I don't know but I don't think so. She made poor choices and showed a lack of morals in being involved with a married man. People can be angry at her for that. But having a hand in the murder? Why wasn't she also caught on camera then? You can tell when he sees the neighbors video he had not for one second considered he was on camera that night. If she or anyone else had been physically there it would have been seen on that camera IMO. He has convincingly confessed many times and I believe him.

He did know that he was on camera that night as he had supposedly had a break in on his work truck when the locks were "jimmied"...his words. So he (I believe) did this to tell the neighbors, so that he could see their cameras. Hence. backing as far in as possible IMO

I watched this new video. When I watched the original video, I had an extreme dislike for NK. I found her a lot more likable than the first video (maybe because I’m so far removed from this 3.5 yrs later). I think she showed a lot of remorse and devastation in her words and emotions. I 10000% believe she’s got nothing going on in terms of being an accessory to this crime. With that said, I don’t believe her story of encouraging Chris to work on his marriage.

Basically, she made a bad choice to get together with CW. But that’s it, imo.

This whole case gets me everytime. I watched the netflix movie when it first came out. Today I was listening to Crime Junkies and this was one of the episodes I was listening to. I don't understand how he could have killed them. It kills me even thinking about it.
This is the case that I told my sister if I don't video chat her for over 24 hours she needs to get police involved because there is something seriously wrong. I video chat with my sister every day so she can talk to her niece so me not video chatting with her for one day would definitely indicate something was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph