CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I somewhat agree, they did get the result they wanted but there was a risk, they wanted to find the bodies and charge him, but it's different to them painting the victim as the aggressor or sympathy for CW, they gave him a scenario, they gave him a way out as the good guy (in his mind and his supporters), that was very difficult to hear and I wish they hadn't chosen it. jmo

It's actually smart to do it this way, because you get him to commit to another lie on the record, rather than giving him months to make up some nonsense for trial when he knows the evidence against him

They played him well and good. Once he confessed to the murder of SW, there was absolutely no upside to him saying anything else, given he was obviously going to jail and facing a murder charge at that stage. But they got him to tell a version about the kids, which they'd be able to disprove because he made it up on the spot. That is much better than giving the defence months or years to come up with a version that fits the case.

Because Watts is stupid, he figured it made some kind of sense to confess to SW but blame her for the kids pre-trial, and give the version. But actually that was the dumbest play he could have made, and the trap they created for him.

Best play - ask for a lawyer, and say nothing else.

Dumbest play - give his kids version based on a few mins calculation.

I used to believe that too. Why would someone confess to killing his wife and daughters if he didn't? I think he was and still is protecting someone. And, just to be clear, I'm not saying that he's innocent, but rather that he either didn't physically do it and/or that he had help. I don't believe that things went down the way he said, or the way Rourke publicized it.

Do you remember how, when he talked to his father in the interrogation room, he said "I don't want to protect her"? This here is a sign that there is something the world doesn't know. Otherwise, why would he say that? And also, I don't believe that he had the time to do it all by himself if we follow the official narrative.

And by the way, I'm no CW fan-girl, or nothing of that kind. I just like to take cases apart and try and make sense of the inconsistencies. And this one has way too many of them. JMO.

There are zero inconsistencies in this case.

I used to believe that too. Why would someone confess to killing his wife and daughters if he didn't? I think he was and still is protecting someone. And, just to be clear, I'm not saying that he's innocent, but rather that he either didn't physically do it and/or that he had help. I don't believe that things went down the way he said, or the way Rourke publicized it.

Do you remember how, when he talked to his father in the interrogation room, he said "I don't want to protect her"? This here is a sign that there is something the world doesn't know. Otherwise, why would he say that? And also, I don't believe that he had the time to do it all by himself if we follow the official narrative.

And by the way, I'm no CW fan-girl, or nothing of that kind. I just like to take cases apart and try and make sense of the inconsistencies. And this one has way too many of them. JMO.
He said "I don't want to protect her" just after he had jumped on Tammy's suggestion that Shannan killed the children. NK had not been a subject of conversation for hours.

He had 1.5 hours, after arrival at the site, to quickly kill and drag the 2 babies and stuff them in the 8" holes of the oil tanks. If one or both of them weren't already dead. Watts admitted, correctly, that the oil level was very low in the tank he crammed Bella into. Some of the injuries (that he inflicted on her) were consistent with being stuffed into a tiny hole lined with sharp metal. Please read the discovery, see the photos of the thief hatch and the inner ragged metal edges of the hole.

If you read the discovery, you'll see when he arrived, when his co-workers arrived, and the distance between the truck and the tanks. And, what each co-worker said about their arrivals.

After that maybe 10 minutes to murder and stuff the kids into the oil tank, he scraped a shallow hole to bury his wife. Adrenalin rocks. He had plenty of time. And, when the co-workers arrived, one of them reported that Watts was complaining about being hot. Temp according to the weather sites was between 65 and 70F at that hour on 13 August 2018, and that reading is for the Denver airport where there is a lot of cement. And he had done nothing of "work" except scratch a very shallow hole in the SAND around the oil leak.

The case is closed, the family murderer is in prison for the rest of his sorry life. While 2 precious babies, their unborn brother, and their mother have been in their graves for over 3 years.

I'm out of this conversation now, as I see the points from conspiracists being pushed here. The Watts family, IMO is trying to push the conspiracy theories while working with YT hosts who are all trying to get confessed murderer Watts released. I find it ironic that Watts himself is not claiming to be innocent. Just his family supporters and a few YT hosts from other countries are pushing those conspiracies while Watts stays silent in prison.

IMO

Last edited:
RSBBM This sounds to me as if you're trying to find reasons why CW is not guilty. My friendly advice to you if you are genuinely seeking the truth is to follow the evidence. Usually your best bet. ;)

Discovery documents pdf: 18CR2003-Discovery-REDACTED-FINAL.pdf

Let's be real. The victims in this case are Shanann, Bella, CeCe, and Nico. CW is guilty - admittedly - of these heinous murders and there is no reason to seek out inconsistencies to try and prove otherwise. Whether one just "likes to" or not, it is a grave insult to the victims and their family, and they have suffered enough. MOO

Last edited:

Responding to the part I bolded, he said that because he was about to accuse Shanann of murdering their kids. It was her he "didn't want to protect," which is pretty clear in context imo. I think this entire case is pretty clear compared to most. jmo

BBM

I am of the complete opposite opinion: rarely have I observed a case like this in which there were zero inconsistencies and all evidence and interviews and the confession were so crystal-clear-cut.

This mainly thanks to the friend who led the police to the house before the killer was able to return there after work to clean up the scene more and disappear SW's purse and car and meds etc to make his "They left to go to a friend's house" statement slightly more plausible.

MOO

There are no inconsistencies. I doubt you will find any CW sympathizers here. There are other platforms that support such ludicrous theories.

There are no inconsistencies. I doubt you will find any CW sympathizers here. There are other platforms that support such ludicrous theories.

I was not looking for sympathizers, I was just trying to see if anyone else sees the inconsistencies that make me think that there's way more to this story than we've been told.

Thanks everyone for taking the answer my question. I would have taken the time to respond to each of you individually but since all comments are pretty identical, I decided not to.

I have read the discovery and just about anything that's related to this case. And I still think that quite a few things don't add up. I am in no way a conspiracy theorist, a Watts supporter or whatever, and I don't know his family at all. Have a good one!

I somewhat agree, they did get the result they wanted but there was a risk, they wanted to find the bodies and charge him, but it's different to them painting the victim as the aggressor or sympathy for CW, they gave him a scenario, they gave him a way out as the good guy (in his mind and his supporters), that was very difficult to hear and I wish they hadn't chosen it. jmo
I’ve said it before but think it’s worth repeating. When Tammy was questioning CW we still had hope the girls were alive and if so believed they likely were in tremendous danger. Those close to the case knew SW was almost certainly beyond helping, so the top priority was finding those little girls. Had the girls been alive IMO Tammy’s approach was the best way to encourage Chris to reveal their whereabouts. I hate how her approach played into his hands, the damage it did to SW’s reputation, the fodder it provided (and still is) to trolls and the pain it’s caused the Rzucek family and SW’s friends. But the girls may have been alive and had they been found safe it would have been worth it. And I’m convinced Shan’ann would agree.

Thanks everyone for taking the answer my question. I would have taken the time to respond to each of you individually but since all comments are pretty identical, I decided not to.

I have read the discovery and just about anything that's related to this case. And I still think that quite a few things don't add up. I am in no way a conspiracy theorist, a Watts supporter or whatever, and I don't know his family at all. Have a good one!
@Leischa , I for one didn’t interpret your comments as supporting CW. I know it’s not a popular POV here, but I happen to think your comments have merit. And to be clear, there’s only one other person I suspect may have been involved. And it’s NUA, not her son, not Nate, not the oil guy, not the friends that defended CW and not a cult. Not even the Watts family, at least not directly.

There is no doubt in my mind CW is guilty. But I, like you, have read all the discovery and believe the person formerly known as NK may have been far more involved than claimed and additional investigation is warranted. But unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, IMO it’s unlikely that will ever happen.

Has anyone heard/seen definitive proof that a 35C has or has not been filed in time for the deadline of Nov 6? That would have been to affect the sentencing/guilt for the "lesser" offenses of moving bodies, etc. The murder offenses can be challenged through post conviction relief throughout the life of the convict, if they dig up something new....but IIRC it has to be something that CW didn't already know about to be "new". And if he claims ineffective counsel, then everything he told his counsel will be open for discovery. IE his own confessions to them in September of 2018, IIRC ,IMO Maybe I've got all that wrong, if so one of our attys here can speak up.

IMO most of the conspiracy theories pushed especially by the foreign sites have been to establish the help of 1-10 (!!) people in 1) blowing up of tanks, with a wick, no less 2) political goals, 3) cult objectives, 4) something dark from the past which deemed that Shan'ann must die, really no limit to what they have pushed since the Netflix show about a year ago when a whole new group of people discovered the case and decided to make money off it by insisting that CW didn't have anything to do with anything, he was too nice.

Now, if the 35C has not been filed for the lesser charges, the worker bees will have to change their trajectories towards fighting to get rid of the whole of the murder charges. Big challenge there, if they couldn't even bring up something substantial to alter the lesser charges. IIRC all of those murder charges carry LWOP.

I am not very far apart from Colorado 303, it's not hard to imagine "formerly NK" rushing over to the house that night, seeing the whole enchilada slipping off her cracker, going back to being #2 as I think she alluded to. But it's hard for me to imagine her killing anyone when it was really CW who had the motive, time, etc, just as it was hard for me to imagine Leticia killing Gannon...until I saw the AA and about fell over. But what could have been formerly NK's motive? She was the savvy one of the couple, what motive was there for such a heavy handed approach to getting rid of the competition? Purposely killing little girls?

I just don't see how having an accomplice would alter his sentence, maybe a jury would throw it all out if someone else was proven to even just have been there. But man oh man, a jury trial would, IMO, open a pandora's box of testimony from people around Colorado who might claim to have spoken to him about what he might have done to Cece especially, whether the girls were both disposed of during one quick trip to the tank ladder, etc. IMO that is the major hangup for CW, he's smart enough to see that his own story will need to have even more details fleshed out. And he'll be seen as a freak of anti-nature all over again.

CW told the FBI/CBI/FPD that he told "his friends" 2 weeks after he was charged, ie around the 1st-2nd week of September, that he was guilty of murdering the children. Anyone who has read the discovery can make an educated guess as to who those "friends" were. Interviews, etc. Those friends would soon be under oath retelling those confessions, along with the atty's he confessed to.

Anyway, as long as the confessed murderer does not proclaim innocence, or admit to having accomplices, I just don't see how online enthusiasts will make his case for him. We've seen that there is a group of people hanging on, and publicizing every spoken CW word throughout the last 3 years. If all they can come up with is "he doesn't remember anything", then I don't see any hope for him to just kind of stand back in the corner of his prison cell and let others get him out while he stays silent.

He seems (IMO) content in prison, he is apparently publishing at least one book with an ex-prison pal regarding his interpretation of bible verses. Coming back to Colorado to face the music, a trial, etc? I don't think he wants that. He's covered: food, shelter, library, heating, for the rest of his life. I really think that others want him out a lot more than he himself wants out.

IMO

PS it was jarring to see the sausage being made, ie CW adopting Tammy's easy way out, but I don't think I've ever griped about that. If he had just said he wanted an attorney, back on 15 August, we might still be awaiting a trial, and the victims' reputations would have been dragged through the mud even longer.

I was not looking for sympathizers, I was just trying to see if anyone else sees the inconsistencies that make me think that there's way more to this story than we've been told.

MOO
This is #73 page 53. There is plenty of juicy poring over details. Read all that.

This case changed my outlook on cases. I was always strictly one fact at a time, flow chart logic, etc. A good amount of skill but able to put that in a side mirror while not jumping to conclusions.

This isn't a clue game though, and it's always been about the victims in a personal and broad sense. The victims in this case do not deserve this.

@Leischa , I for one didn’t interpret your comments as supporting CW. I know it’s not a popular POV here, but I happen to think your comments have merit. And to be clear, there’s only one other person I suspect may have been involved. And it’s NUA, not her son, not Nate, not the oil guy, not the friends that defended CW and not a cult. Not even the Watts family, at least not directly.

There is no doubt in my mind CW is guilty. But I, like you, have read all the discovery and believe the person formerly known as NK may have been far more involved than claimed and additional investigation is warranted. But unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, IMO it’s unlikely that will ever happen.

What you believe seems is exactly what has been on my mind lately. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one thinking/suspecting that. Not that others don't have the right to believe and support the official narrative but, to me, there is definitely more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member