CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched that clip above. I actually think the "Where did you get the t-shirt from?" was an AMAZING question because CW immediately perked up, smiled, looked relaxed, raved how much he liked his shirt, the shirt his wife bought him.." (the wife he would later claim he murdered bc she killed their daughters...) His answer showed everything.

The video quality of CW with Tammy and the other guy was such better quality than anything we have seen!

Investigation Discovery‏Verified account @DiscoveryID
All day today we're revisiting some of the cases that still haunt us. Let us know if you're watching along. #WhoKilled

EWdV-moXkAAHeg2.jpg

EWdV-mpXYAAjBkP.jpg

8:11 AM - 25 Apr 2020

It's sad but I just really miss them. I miss the thought of running into Shannan in the grocery store here in Frederick where I live and she lived . I didn't know her but I know I would have loved her and those beautiful little babies! How he could do this is unfathomable to me. My only comfort is in knowing that Shanann is raising her babies in Heaven and she's happy now. Chris will have to suffer for the rest of his life for what he's done in all aspects and NK is definitely not living the life she probably planned to be! How sad that we all lose the light and love of Shanann and her babies in the world! I often wonder if I ever passed by her in the store but then I tell myself no because you would definitely notice her beautiful smile and kind heart!

Credit post to @BetteDavisEyes

Tonight (Tuesday) on LMN:

Chris Watts: Confessions of a Killer
8:00 - 10:00p
Sean Kleier Ashley Williams Judith Verno
(2020)A man fails a lie detector test and confesses to brutally murdering his pregnant wife Shan'ann and their two young daughters.

I didn't follow this case closely but watched the Lifetime movie for the first time last night. It was riveting, and I would definitely watch it again. If you haven't seen Chris Watts: Confessions of a Killer but followed the case, I highly recommend the movie.

Chris Watts: Confessions of a Killer | Lifetime
Thanks! I haven’t seen the movie, but I’ll be interested to observe how the producers have spun the story. I’ve been revisiting this case a LOT lately. Back in 2018, I didn’t look deeply at the case. I think I watched ONE Dateline episode on it. In the past week or so, I’ve done a lot of research on it, to the point of neglecting some of my household chores! Arrrgg! I have watched videos, read articles, listened to interviews, and been part of many online forums. I have even read read the documents that were provided in discovery by the DA’s office. (There are 1960 pages, and some are startling, but some of them are useless or repetitive). There is way more to this story than meets the eye. Obviously, on the surface, this case is about “why” instead of “who”. The “why” has been answered simplistically with “He’s a pscycho”, “He’s evil”, “He did it to be with his mistress”, etc. I agree with these statements, but there is so much more to the “why” - and even the “who” - than what has been presented to the general public. The man is a wretched monster indeed, and he absolutely deserves to rot in jail forever. But, he isn’t a classic narcissistic sociopath like, say, Bundy or Scott Peterson. I’m fascinated by the psychological issues and personality disorders that shape this case. <modsnip: Discussing and/or soliciting private messages is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this case ?

The first thought that comes to mind is anger at the monster who admitted to strangling his pregnant wife, suffocating his beautiful little girls, then shoving them into an oil tank in hopes they would never be found. He planned to murder his entire family. Why did he do this? Because he wanted no ties to his previous life when he started a new one with his mistress. Self admitted murderer. He is a heartless bas**** who can only think of himself.

Throw in a controlling, manipulative mother who did everything she could to cast blame on the victims themselves. She continues to cause heartache for the Rzucek family by degrading their daughter's memory. Not to mention the Watts family has never shown remorse for the loss of their daughter-in-law or three grandchildren. Did not even feel the need to attend their memorial service.

IMO, this never should have happened. There were ways to stop it. Unfortunately, the person responsible didn't care to try. In fact, he still has the support of his parents and sister, (of course). I just wish someone would take the trash out and leave it on the curb where it belongs. Enough is enough!! Just go away never to be heard from again. Let these poor victims rest in peace. :(

I have to agree with you. I just heard of this case recently and all that could go through my mind was what lead a guy who showed so “much love” for his family on videos just strangle and murder his pregnant wife and two children and disposed of them in a horrible fashion.

Since I’m always looking into cases that interest me deeper I saw people have so many disrespectful views of Shannan. It didn’t seem to me that she was anything but a devoted wife and mother.

Then I saw a video of her text messages to her friends about the marital problems and it was the “glue” on the cake for me. Shannan didn’t want anything but to put together her marriage in those texts while CW was ignoring her and cold as ice.

Next came the lies and the changing stories from CW which makes me believe that maybe this wasn’t an act of passion but premeditated, I know that is hard to hear for Shannan’s family. No one deserves to die in that way in either fashion. I just fear that some of the facts are left out and her family doesn’t deserve the treatment of the public in this manner.

My heart goes out to the Rzucek family, I’m sorry you had to loose 4 beautiful souls to a heartless monster like CW.

Rest In Peace SW, BW, CW and NW

The first thought that comes to mind is anger at the monster who admitted to strangling his pregnant wife, suffocating his beautiful little girls, then shoving them into an oil tank in hopes they would never be found. He planned to murder his entire family. Why did he do this? Because he wanted no ties to his previous life when he started a new one with his mistress. Self admitted murderer. He is a heartless bas**** who can only think of himself.

Throw in a controlling, manipulative mother who did everything she could to cast blame on the victims themselves. She continues to cause heartache for the Rzucek family by degrading their daughter's memory. Not to mention the Watts family has never shown remorse for the loss of their daughter-in-law or three grandchildren. Did not even feel the need to attend their memorial service.

IMO, this never should have happened. There were ways to stop it. Unfortunately, the person responsible didn't care to try. In fact, he still has the support of his parents and sister, (of course). I just wish someone would take the trash out and leave it on the curb where it belongs. Enough is enough!! Just go away never to be heard from again. Let these poor victims rest in peace. :(

I too, watched the movie on Lifetime. I believe CW being an introvert, buried his anger about his real or imagined life struggles with money, marriage, whatever. I wonder if he ever talked with SW about his feelings? I'm sad for her that she seemed to put all of the effort into the relationship and he was living a lie. I never really thought the murders were premeditated but I could be wrong. This crime will always be one of the worst I've heard and read about.

IIRC the Watts have never acknowledged Nico. Did they mention him at the sentencing? C Watts did nostalgically mention in his confession that he would have had a little baby son, a pretty wife, and 2 little girls had he not murdered them all.

Last edited:
SBM

Next came the lies and the changing stories from CW which makes me believe that maybe this wasn’t an act of passion but premeditated, I know that is hard to hear for Shannan’s family. No one deserves to die in that way in either fashion. I just fear that some of the facts are left out and her family doesn’t deserve the treatment of the public in this manner.

My heart goes out to the Rzucek family, I’m sorry you had to loose 4 beautiful souls to a heartless monster like CW.

Rest In Peace SW, BW, CW and NW
He already confessed to the premeditation. I think the important facts are out there for all to see. From the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1