CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I haven’t watched the movie and don’t plan to I have no doubt it was awful and inappropriate. I did watch the after show interviews and thought that show was fine, well done in fact. If you agree, when complaining to Lifetime it may helpful to make that distinction so they don’t think we’d be anti publicizing anything to do with the case. For me, it’s the fictionalization/speculation presented as fact that’s a problem.

Even though I haven’t watched the movie and don’t plan to I have no doubt it was awful and inappropriate. I did watch the after show interviews and thought that show was fine, well done in fact. If you agree, when complaining to Lifetime it may helpful to make that distinction so they don’t think we’d be anti publicizing anything to do with the case. For me, it’s the fictionalization/speculation presented as fact that’s a problem.
Glad you mentioned this, Colorado. That's a very good point. MOO

I was trying to find that on my tv with no luck earlier as I knew there would be an interview with Agent Tammy after the movie (I purposely avoided the movie after reading about the concerns from Shanann’s Family). If there is a link online somewhere at some point of these interviews, please share. If not, please provide any synopsis and/or highlights. Thank you, Gardenista.

Oh wow.
Is it this one???
Beyond the Headlines: The Watts Family Tragedy | Lifetime

My overall impression of the movie is that they were trying to make it seem like the affair and murders were just happenstance, instead of the reality of the affair being planned by him at least two weeks before his family left town and his family's murders being planned by him at least one week in advance.

He was also made to look stupid for wanting to name his son Christopher Watts "II" instead of "Jr" and for agreeing to the interrogation and polygraph, IMO.

Of course the real reason he went along with the interrogation and polygraph was because he literally had nothing to lose.

He knew about his truck GPS and the neighbor's camera and that it was just a matter of time before LE located his family's bodies since he never had a chance to ditch the car and their stuff and there was no other place they could have possibly been than his worksite.

The Watts' claims that CW was railroaded are so ridiculous. I wish he had asked for an attorney in the beginning, said nothing and never pleaded guilty because they still would have had a rock-solid death penalty case and there never would have been documentaries and a movie based on his false 'confessions' to LE.

I, for one, didn’t know shan’Ann ordered CW’s food. o_O
You know who probably ordered CW's food? The Macro "Expert" herself - NK. She spent about 7 hours telling the detectives who were trying to ask her questions about a murder investigation mind-numbing details all about CW's myfitnesspal daily food logs.

The movie dramatized a made up fight where Shanann triggered him with angry words that any wife might have said in the same situation.

And after CW walked away from the prison interview, the Tammy character says that "Shanann didn't fight back because she thought he would let go until the very end."

Nope, it wasn't a rage killing at all. He caught her off guard in bed and she probably did try to pull his hands away because there were abrasions on her neck.

IMO there should have been an update at the end of the movie reflecting the later confessions he made in letters about planning their murders beforehand:
‘I had to put the girls in the tanks so they wouldn’t get up the second time’: SHOCK confession from killer dad Chris Watts, who now says he planned family murder, and had earlier tried to kill his daughters: Report
Although Watts told investigators that killed his wife in a sudden rage, he reportedly said in the letters that he knew at least a day before the murders that he was going to kill his family — so that he could be free to be with his mistress, Nichol Kessinger.

“August 12th when I finished putting the girls to bed, I walked away and said ‘That’s the last time I’m going to be tucking my babies in,'” Watts reportedly said. “I knew what was going to happen the day before and I did nothing to stop it!’ he wrote.
Except we know he was planning their murders at least a week beforehand because he wrote that letter dated 8/06/2018: "If anyone gets this letter, I would never do anything to hurt myself or my children or my wife. If anything happens to me, please investigate my wife."

CW was stupid in that he actually believed he would be viewed as a victim rather than the prime suspect in the disappearance of his family.

The Lifetime documentary following the movie featured interviews with a couple of Shanann's friends who are still heartbroken at the loss of their beloved friend and her precious babies. It also replayed the heartbreaking plea Frank Rzucek made begging for the insane conspiracies and continued harassment of his family to end.

Nope, it wasn't a rage killing at all. He caught her off guard in bed and she probably did try to pull his hands away because there were abrasions on her neck.

IMO there should have been an update at the end of the movie reflecting the later confessions he made in letters about planning their murders beforehand:
‘I had to put the girls in the tanks so they wouldn’t get up the second time’: SHOCK confession from killer dad Chris Watts, who now says he planned family murder, and had earlier tried to kill his daughters: Report
Although Watts told investigators that killed his wife in a sudden rage, he reportedly said in the letters that he knew at least a day before the murders that he was going to kill his family — so that he could be free to be with his mistress, Nichol Kessinger.

“August 12th when I finished putting the girls to bed, I walked away and said ‘That’s the last time I’m going to be tucking my babies in,'” Watts reportedly said. “I knew what was going to happen the day before and I did nothing to stop it!’ he wrote.
Except we know he was planning their murders at least a week beforehand because he wrote that letter dated 8/06/2018: "If anyone gets this letter, I would never do anything to hurt myself or my children or my wife. If anything happens to me, please investigate my wife."

CW was stupid in that he actually believed he would be viewed as a victim rather than the prime suspect in the disappearance of his family.

The Lifetime documentary following the movie featured interviews with a couple of Shanann's friends who are still heartbroken at the loss of their beloved friend and her precious babies. It also replayed the heartbreaking plea Frank Rzucek made begging for the insane conspiracies and continued harassment of his family to end.

*RSBM* There appears to be an infinite number of times I can be disgusted by this subhuman. Reading the above makes me feel sick all over again. I don’t believe there was any rage involved in these murders. He was done with his old life, ready to move on with the new life and Shan’ann and her beautiful children were in his way.
I wonder, did he even consider being found out? Did he give any thought to spending the rest of his life in a small concrete box? Was he really so blinded by NK?
As for the ongoing harassment of the Rzucek family, I wonder if now would be a good time to mention that we can report any hateful material we come across to
Report Online Hate — HONR
I can’t bear to think of the pain Shan’ann’s family and friends continue to go through. Any little thing I/we can do to help ease the burden - well, it has to be worthwhile, doesn’t it.

I’ve just read the entire HONR website to stop online hate. I strongly suggest bookmarking at the very least. The minute you see an attack on victims as we have all seen on YouTube and Facebook they provide easy links to do group reporting. I believe Websleuth posters are on the side of the victims and are often reading /watching various crime related material therefore often running into abuse of victims. I signed up to volunteer, however they provide tons of information and links to help without being a volunteer.
Here’s the link again Volunteer with HONR — HONR

Organization scrubs internet of harassing posts, helps family of Shanann Watts — HONR

The family of Shanann Watts was thrust into the public spotlight when Chris Watts killed his wife and two daughters. A year and a half later, lawyers said Shanann Watts' family still faces threats and conspiracy theories targeting them online.

They’ve turned to an organization called the HONR Network for help.

I LOVE THIS!!!!! It takes a village. And this is the perfect opportunity to be a part of it.

I mentioned a missing window screen a few pages ago, but there were actually two basement windows with the screens removed, the last two on Officer Coonrod's body cam. I attached a picture of where they were in the basement.

I know people have valid criticisms of Cheryln Cadle, but it's a shame that CW's admissions of pre-planning the murders in those letters are being ignored. If he planned it out he obviously needed a way to get the car out of the garage without people knowing that he was the driver. He could have planned to go in through a basement window to avoid being seen on camera, and the sliding backdoor had a dowel blocking it.

It's frustrating to me that in the movie and documentaries they make it seem like CW snapped when he's on record for admitting to planning it in advance.

Attachments

• basement window screens.png
    basement window screens.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 66
I see the screens in the basement but where are you getting the info that that they were taken off the basement windows?

Are you saying that he had planned to sneak out windows but changed his mind and went out the garage instead?
I think he had been thinking about getting rid of his family ahead of time but didn’t do much planning as we can see from all the stupid things he did.

I see the screens in the basement but where are you getting the info that that they were taken off the basement windows?

Are you saying that he had planned to sneak out windows but changed his mind and went out the garage instead?
I think he had been thinking about getting rid of his family ahead of time but didn’t do much planning as we can see from all the stupid things he did.
This picture is from the wellness check body cam footage. It clearly shows a basement window missing a screen.
I don't think CW changed his mind, he just didn't have time to ditch her car because they were discovered missing too soon.

Attachments

• basement side window.png
    basement side window.png
    447.9 KB · Views: 55
This picture is from the wellness check body cam footage. It clearly shows a basement window missing a screen.
I don't think CW changed his mind, he just didn't have time to ditch her car because they were discovered missing too soon.
Agreed. I think he was banking on being able to go home after work and doing some cover up moves before he called and reported something along the lines of his wife and daughters disappearing after an early morning tiff to police. He did not bank on SW's friend being proactive enough to call it in before he was ready.

Agreed. I think he was banking on being able to go home after work and doing some cover up moves before he called and reported something along the lines of his wife and daughters disappearing after an early morning tiff to police. He did not bank on SW’s friend being so proactive and calling it in.

I understand now, you were talking about her white Lexus. That makes sense. Yes, I also think he planned to go back and cover up.

I’ve become so defensive when reading any speculation because of all the excuses for him that I have read, that I reacted to your post without reading it carefully. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member