CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dillon Thomas on Twitter
—WATTS FAMILY MURDER—
Lawyers representing Shanann Watts’ family, the Rzucek’s, say they weren’t consulted by @lifetimetv prior to the filming of the upcoming Chris #Watts #murder movie

The family believes the upcoming movie doesn’t accurately portray their loved ones @CBSDenver
EOW8tWYU0AEb1XS.jpg

4:18 PM - 15 Jan 2020

JAN 15, 2020
Watts Family Murders: Lawyers Say Parents Of Shanann Watts Object To Upcoming Lifetime Channel Movie
Lawyers for the parents of Shanann Watts held a news conference Wednesday, saying the parents strongly object to the movie the Lifetime channel is making about the murders of their pregnant daughter and their two young granddaughters by their son-in-law, Chris Watts.

[...]

“The problem with it is that if people are wanting to watch in order to see an accurate depiction of their daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren’s lives, they need to look elsewhere,” one of the lawyers stated.

[...]

Lawyers said Lifetime did not consult with Shanann’s family about the production to get an accurate portrayal of the family. The attorneys said the Rzuceks did not profit from television appearances about the case and have been harassed in the past and are concerned the release of the new movie will rekindle that activity.

“I think the parts that disturb the family a lot… people who are armchair detectives, going out there trying to find scraps of evidence that say, ‘Oh, Chris wasn’t really the killer, it was ‘X’ or his original confession was the true confession and Shanann did have a hand in this. Or there’s some kind of conspiracy to it. That kind of stuff bothers them a lot,” one attorney explained.

[...]

The movie is expected to premiere in 2020.

[...]

My heart continues to break for this family. I seriously doubt they have had the opportunity to fully grieve their losses. This makes me SO angry for them. First the very vocal groups attacking their daughter. Then the numerous interviews from their bat-**** crazy in-laws. Then the rumors, speculation, and theories about CW's changing confession. Then the article about the mistress. Then the weirdos wanting 15 minutes of fame by claiming CW screwed them too. Then not being able to say a proper goodbye to their grandbabies due to the condition of their bodies. Then the public sentencing and having to prepare statements to their former son-in-law (whom they had loved and accepted into their family) while on camera. Then the whackos who need to give interviews about how they correspond with the devil. Then the release of documents associated with the investigation. Then the release of the horrific final interview with CW. Then the book(s) and made-for-tv programs. What's next? When will it end? When will this amazing family have some peace?

I apologize if this is offensive to anyone. I am just so angry that they have to hire attorney's to navigate their way through the devastating situation that they were thrown into. They were never given the choice or opportunity to prevent it. They are continually re-victimized by people they've never met and haven't had a moment's peace. Can't we just hear something positive about SW and her babies? Won't someone take the time to get-to-know who SW really was (through her family) and write a loving book (or movie) honoring her life and donating all proceeds to organizations who want to study and bring awareness to these types of situations? Or establish scholarships, small business training or grants to women who want to become self-sufficient through their own small business?

Enough is enough, IMO. May God thoroughly bless the Rzucek Family, and bring them a peace that surpasses understanding.

My heart continues to break for this family. I seriously doubt they have had the opportunity to fully grieve their losses. This makes me SO angry for them. First the very vocal groups attacking their daughter. Then the numerous interviews from their bat-**** crazy in-laws. Then the rumors, speculation, and theories about CW's changing confession. Then the article about the mistress. Then the weirdos wanting 15 minutes of fame by claiming CW screwed them too. Then not being able to say a proper goodbye to their grandbabies due to the condition of their bodies. Then the public sentencing and having to prepare statements to their former son-in-law (whom they had loved and accepted into their family) while on camera. Then the whackos who need to give interviews about how they correspond with the devil. Then the release of documents associated with the investigation. Then the release of the horrific final interview with CW. Then the book(s) and made-for-tv programs. What's next? When will it end? When will this amazing family have some peace?

I apologize if this is offensive to anyone. I am just so angry that they have to hire attorney's to navigate their way through the devastating situation that they were thrown into. They were never given the choice or opportunity to prevent it. They are continually re-victimized by people they've never met and haven't had a moment's peace. Can't we just hear something positive about SW and her babies? Won't someone take the time to get-to-know who SW really was (through her family) and write a loving book (or movie) honoring her life and donating all proceeds to organizations who want to study and bring awareness to these types of situations? Or establish scholarships, small business training or grants to women who want to become self-sufficient through their own small business?

Enough is enough, IMO. May God thoroughly bless the Rzucek Family, and bring them a peace that surpasses understanding.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

I'm so sad that their pain is compounded. Def makes me feel conflicted as a true crime "buff" to continue to watch the different shows about the case.
I know what you mean. I can tell you that for the Rzuceks the lifetime movie is particularly disturbing since it’s dramatizing/making up scenes are a figment of someone’s imagination. I don’t know how they’re going to portray Shan’ann, but even if it’s only in a positive light it’s still unacceptable IMO. I have particular distain for the actors—I understand they’re just making a living but they by definition are profiting off a horrible tragedy and in this case did not even reach out to the Rzuceks to get insight on SW and the girls.

I know Sandy and Frank plan to watch it as they feel it’s their duty to see what’s said about their daughter, but it’s causing a tremendous amount of unnecessary grief for them. I probably won’t watch it myself because it will just make me angry.

I don’t take issue w/true documentaries that rely on established facts and LE interviews. Those I still watch but frankly “dramatizations” with actors is where I now draw my personal line.

Noting:

The family is asking the public to not purchase any merchandise with the Watts name adding that they do not have any affiliation with the products and do not profit from them. Attorney Brad Hoffman said the Rzuceks also want people to know that they did not profit from their appearance on 20/20 on ABC or Dr. Phil. According to Hoffman, the family donated Shanann’s possessions to nonprofits or charities.

At the family’s request, a team of attorneys at Grant & Hoffman Law Firm are looking into a bill to make it a crime to defame a deceased person.

Lambert hinted that the family is working with other production companies who have reached out. While they did not fully disclose what the project would be, there could be a documentary in the works with the family’s input.

I am never going to watch this movie. I know I’ve said it before, but the whole idea is crass and tasteless.
I’ve never liked ‘true crime’ movies - documentaries are one thing (when they’re well made), but taking the pain of others and making it ‘entertainment’ just stinks. It’s immoral and it’s just plain wrong.

Last edited:
upload_2020-1-16_17-34-8.jpeg

Just saw this ad for another Watts TV show premiering the same night as the Lifetime movie. First I’ve heard of it. The title and ad copy indicate it will focus on LE efforts to catch CW. And hopefully fact-based and actor-free.

View attachment 226384

Just saw this ad for another Watts TV show premiering the same night as the Lifetime movie. First I’ve heard of it. The title and ad copy indicate it will focus on LE efforts to catch CW. And hopefully fact-based and actor-free.
Well, I'm partial to non-fiction so that's what I'll be watching. :) MOO

Capturing Chris Watts - REELZChannel
About Capturing Chris Watts
... In this chilling hour-long special Capturing Chris Watts draws upon more than 200 hours of never-before-seen police bodycam footage and surveillance footage from security cameras around the Watts’ Colorado home. It gives viewers a riveting inside look at a real-time police investigation as the cold-blooded killer unravels from his distraught family man façade, to the police’s interrogation, a failed lie detector test, before he breaks down in a tearful confession to his own father. Examining the footage is an expert panel led by investigative journalist Dylan Howard and includes homicide prosecutor Jarret Ferentino and body language expert Susan Constantine. The trio show viewers each crucial moment and will explain its significance in cracking the case and exposing Chris Watts for the monster he is.

This is the first time I've heard of this organization and I am so grateful to them for helping the Rzuceks. It is just a shame, though, that this kind of organization has a reason to exist in the first place. MOO

From the article:

For the victims of some of the worst crimes and mass shootings in the country, the pain doesn’t stop after the case is closed.

Conspiracy theories, disinformation and threats made against the families of the victims run rampant online.

[...]

The family of Shanann Watts was thrust into the public spotlight when Chris Watts killed his wife and two daughters. A year and a half later, lawyers said Shanann Watts' family still faces threats and conspiracy theories targeting them online.

They’ve turned to an organization called the HONR Network for help.

[...]

HONR Network was created by Lenny Pozner, the father of one of the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting. The organization said it uses a network of volunteers to flag defamatory posts online to catch the attention of social media companies and scrub online harassment from the internet.

"The HONR Network has been immensely and immeasurably helpful when it comes to online bullying and harassment," said Lambert. "They not only just assist them in getting some of this material removed from online, but also in healing."

[...]

Pommy Mommy
Thanks for sharing this link! How and where to watch it? I could not quite understand :)Thank you very much!
You're welcome. :)

The Premiere is Saturday, Jan. 25 7 p.m. ET/PT on REELZ. It also looks like they will show it again at 10 p.m.

Chris Watts, Colorado Killer Dad: The Friends Speak
Friends Speak - REELZChannel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members