CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JAN 15, 2020
“I think the parts that disturb the family a lot… people who are armchair detectives, going out there trying to find scraps of evidence that say, ‘Oh, Chris wasn’t really the killer, it was ‘X’ or his original confession was the true confession and Shanann did have a hand in this. Or there’s some kind of conspiracy to it. That kind of stuff bothers them a lot,” one attorney explained.
[...]
snipped and bolded by me
I'm afraid the Watts are still feeding the conspiracy wackos similar to the way author Kathleen H (wrote the intro for Cindy Watts' book) was asking rhetorical questions about whether Shanann abused her girls in order to try to justify her son murdering his family, IMO.
As recently as a few days ago, I've seen texts from almost a decade ago on social media that could only have been provided by Watts family members showing the pettiest things imaginable.
Yet according to the conspiracy wackos, we are supposed to believe that the Watts are holding back info about a CPS case against Shanann for altruistic reasons.
Of course, they are lying, and their only 'evidence' is a letter that was addressed to CW regarding the appeals process for the fatal child abuse he was responsible for.

Also given what the Rzuceks have endured because of the conspiracy wackos, they appear to have empathy for NK's family and what they might be going through. IMO, they are true Christians and being bigger people than many of us would be to care about the impact those conspiracies are having on NK and her family.
I respect that the Rzuceks seem to believe the case is closed and law enforcement did a fine job. MOO JMO

I just finished reading My Daddy is a Hero, Lena Derhally (author). I thought this book was very well written. In the book there is a quote by Mobeen Hakeen-“As a child I never imagined that all the real monsters in the world would be human” when I read that quote I thought and never ever would a sweet innocent child think for a second her own “daddy” would do what this monster did. About half way into the book the author talks about the letter CW has written, he writes of killing his daughters in the their bedroom, and then he tells of how he killed Shanann and then turning around and seeing his daughters standing there (he mentions how angry that made him). Then CW tells how he drives to the oil fields, doing what he did to Shanann, and then taking his daughters one by one to the oil tanks. I don’t believe those sweet babies were dead when he threw each one separately into the oil tanks. I know there are many diseases/conditions given for what CW did. I believe he is just pure evil.

I physically gag whenever I see this thread bumped. I can’t stand this man or what he has done. He deserves nothing. A life of nothing. The fact they made a movie doesn’t surprise me, but MERCHANDISE?? You have got to be a special kind of sick to want that. May these poor souls rest.

Noting:

The family is asking the public to not purchase any merchandise with the Watts name adding that they do not have any affiliation with the products and do not profit from them. Attorney Brad Hoffman said the Rzuceks also want people to know that they did not profit from their appearance on 20/20 on ABC or Dr. Phil. According to Hoffman, the family donated Shanann’s possessions to nonprofits or charities.

At the family’s request, a team of attorneys at Grant & Hoffman Law Firm are looking into a bill to make it a crime to defame a deceased person.

Lambert hinted that the family is working with other production companies who have reached out. While they did not fully disclose what the project would be, there could be a documentary in the works with the family’s input.
Lots of interesting things in this, thank you. BBM wouldn't fly in the UK/Europe and I don't think it would in the US either. Interesting though!

Lots of interesting things in this, thank you. BBM wouldn't fly in the UK/Europe and I don't think it would in the US either. Interesting though!
I don’t think there’s any way a law like that would pass in the US. They’d have to quit teaching history. I would think a better law would be applying/enforcing current slander laws to internet content and providing a way LE can identify who authors anonymous posts that are lies/threats.

I don’t think there’s any way a law like that would pass in the US. They’d have to quit teaching history. I would think a better law would be applying/enforcing current slander laws to internet content and providing a way LE can identify who authors anonymous posts that are lies/threats.
I agree completely. Posters need to be held accountable for anything that they post. Do you have a Bill of Rights in the US? or is it the same as the Consitution?

Thank you! I think any changes would need to navigate the first amendment. It sure would be interesting to try and change how people conduct themselves on the internet.
Yeah I am admittedly not an attorney at all, but I agree that it would all hinge on the first amendment. That can be pretty strongly protected in the US, though, so I think it would be an uphill battle, especially in enforcing it against anonymous internet posters.

I was a telecom paralegal for almost twenty years, and responsible for responding to subpoenas for most of that time. I can tell you that most internet posts are not anonymous. All you need is the IP address of the post (that might take a subpoena to get the info from the website where the post was made) and then a subpoena to the ISP. Proxy servers and TOR router posts are not as easy to find. Thankfully most internet idiots making threats are not that smart.

I was a telecom paralegal for almost twenty years, and responsible for responding to subpoenas for most of that time. I can tell you that most internet posts are not anonymous. All you need is the IP address of the post (that might take a subpoena to get the info from the website where the post was made) and then a subpoena to the ISP. Proxy servers and TOR router posts are not as easy to find. Thankfully most internet idiots making threats are not that smart.
That makes sense. I use a VPN because I'm paranoid, but I can definitely see how the perception of being anonymous on the internet doesn't really match the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha