Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shanann Watts
2ec0mkk.jpg

As if this were not horrifying enough.... this was Shannan’s last FB post. While she was away from home! She did not clarify in comments if human trash husband staged this photo, or if her children did. Undoubtedly he texted this to her?!

* Edited to clarify how photo came to be?!

This was posted on the 9th, SW posted on the 8th talking about unpacking suitcases, so I think this was between the NC 6week trip and the 2day AZ trip. So prescient of the kids to do this. SW posted that "they did it together" and used their Twister sheet.

Such heartbreaking news. My heart goes out to the family and loved ones of this beautiful young woman and her 3 precious children.

I do want to say something about the interview with the killer. I had the liberty to watch the video after I already knew he had confessed to the murders, so it was easy for me to see he was lying and difficult to know for sure how I would have felt had I not known. Of course, I feel strongly I would have been suspicious, to say the least.

That said, I do think it is important to give victims the benefit of the doubt before jumping to conclusions. In cases like this, I believe it is always safe to assume that the authorities are doing their jobs. I just think back to innocent people who have been maligned in the media. Mark Lunsford comes to mind. The father of Riley Fox. Richard Jewell is another example as well as the entire Duke LaCross team. It is very tricky to expect people to act a particular way and show particular emotions while on camera and in a stressful situation. I recall people saying Mark Lunsford seemed guilty because he didn't show emotion.

And to the friend that did jump to conclusions - good on you! I am sure she was privy to far more information about the relationship than any of us. God bless her heart for doing her best to protect her friend and her babies. I hope she knows that there are so many people thinking of her right now and wrapping our hearts around her right now. I hope she can find some comfort in knowing that they will have justice because of her.

I think the victim-friendly policies here are good because indeed, people have been accused that were very innocent. I remember people going after Elizabeth Smart's dad for similar reasons. And I've seen others on here sort of accused via insinuation who weren't guilty.

The policies here set this site apart and I like that.

That being said, this was an almost universal sense in here, especially by veteran sluethers. And it wasn't just the interview.

A woman is seen on camera entering a house that contains her husband and kids. The only person seen leaving it ever again it is her husband, who backs his truck into the garage.

The only other possible ways out of the house that wouldn't show on camera were found locked from the inside.

There wasn't much interpretation to be done here.

"Myheart is racing right now." He said. I bet it was as he realized there was no way to explain that he didn't transport his family out of he house, in his truck.

I saw that FB post was unaware she was away from home when she posted it. Wow, that makes it even creepier. I thought her kids were playing and did it and she walked into the room and saw it. EXTREMELY creepy that her husband sent her this while she wasy away. SICK
She was NOT gone during this picture. I believe she posted it. She and the girls flew back from NC on the 7th. She went on her work trip the 10th-12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumgirl29