Found Deceased WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By the time there are arrests for murder and a trial (assuming that happens as one would expect), I'd certainly hope the state has more evidence than a deleted photo of a bruised child taken with the mother's cell phone and the location of the remains. I expect LE has had evidence we don't know about all along and I'd expect the autopsy and the area where the remains were found to yield more information. But while very suspicious, if the photo and the location of the remains is all the state has, yes, IMO that's reasonable doubt re: anyone being convicted of murder.
MOO
Yes, I went back and I added at least I hope.

Came here after reading that Elijah's precious little remains were found. I am happy that he was found as now LE can hopefully discover the cause of death. I have a hard time thinking that a 3 year old made it 3 miles as the crow flies into thick brush as I think little children would be averse to thorns and scratchy branches hurting them as they tried to hide. But so many months of being out in the elements and a really hot summer doesn't leave much hope for LE in their efforts to determine much regarding COD. Rest in peace, little one. I'm so sorry humans let you down.

By the time there are arrests for murder and a trial (assuming that happens as one would expect), I'd certainly hope the state has more evidence than a deleted photo of a bruised child taken with the mother's cell phone and the location of the remains. I expect LE has had evidence we don't know about all along and I'd expect the autopsy and the area where the remains were found to yield more information. But while very suspicious, if the photo and the location of the remains is all the state has, yes, IMO that's reasonable doubt re: anyone being convicted of murder.
MOO
I understand what you're saying.

Am really, really hoping Elijah's poor little remains will tell a story.
Beautiful boy with the large brown eyes.
How can any mother not rush over and rescue him from that monster ?
Or better yet, not leave him in the clutches of an evil person to 'make him into a man'.
The thought sickens me.
Omo.

Came here after reading that Elijah's precious little remains were found. I am happy that he was found as now LE can hopefully discover the cause of death. I have a hard time thinking that a 3 year old made it 3 miles as the crow flies into thick brush as I think little children would be averse to thorns and scratchy branches hurting them as they tried to hide. But so many months of being out in the elements and a really hot summer doesn't leave much hope for LE in their efforts to determine much regarding COD. Rest in peace, little one. I'm so sorry humans let you down.
I'm so glad that a hunter found you, Elijah.
Hopefully now the authorities can determine what those monsters did that ended your life.
I'm so very sorry that people who were supposed to take care of you and love you
did just the opposite...Rest in peace little one.
MOO

boy.

Katrina has released a statement through her attorney...

SEP 17, 2024
"Katrina Baur is devastated by the most recent news, identifying the remains found as Elijah. She had continued to have hope that her little boy would be found alive. At this time, she is mourning the loss of her son," said Amber Gratz, Baur's defense attorney.

SEP 17, 2024
"Katrina Baur is devastated by the most recent news, identifying the remains found as Elijah. She had continued to have hope that her little boy would be found alive. At this time, she is mourning the loss of her son," said Amber Gratz, Baur's defense attorney.
Oh give me a break… :rolleyes:

SEP 17, 2024
the only thing she finds devastating is the fact that he was now found and she will likely face more charges relating to the death of her own baby child.

self serving [unusual person]. I hope she rots

TWO RIVERS – A virtual candlelight vigil is being planned for 3-year-old Elijah Vue, whose remains were found just outside of Two Rivers earlier this month.

The vigil, planned through Facebook events by Jessica Erspamer and Pam Brotzman, is set for 6-10 p.m. Sept. 27.

The event states: "Let us all come 'together' and honor this sweet, young boy whose life was taken way too soon at the hands of monsters. During the time posted, light a candle, turn on a blue light, anything to help remember this sweet child."

SEP 20, 2024
Note: Since this story’s publication, a source connected to the Vue family said this vigil hasn’t been approved by the family. The source claims the family never gave their permission to allow this event to happen.

The source says the family is asking the community to hold off on doing any events as they are still grieving. They want to plan something on their own when they are ready.

:(

SEP 20, 2024
Note: Since this story’s publication, a source connected to the Vue family said this vigil hasn’t been approved by the family. The source claims the family never gave their permission to allow this event to happen.

The source says the family is asking the community to hold off on doing any events as they are still grieving. They want to plan something on their own when they are ready.

:(
while I understand the family needs their privacy as they absorb and grieve this loss, I don't understand why the virtual community who has spent months searching for, worrying about, and falling in love with a sweet little boy would need their approval to hold an online event to come together and grieve as well. Nothing in virtual strangers holding a vigil prevents family from later, when they feel ready, doing their own more personal to them vigil or memorial event?

Even though I don't understand this statement or necessarily agree with it, I continue to pray for those friends and family members who loved Elijah.

while I understand the family needs their privacy as they absorb and grieve this loss, I don't understand why the virtual community who has spent months searching for, worrying about, and falling in love with a sweet little boy would need their approval to hold an online event to come together and grieve as well. Nothing in virtual strangers holding a vigil prevents family from later, when they feel ready, doing their own more personal to them vigil or memorial event?

Even though I don't understand this statement or necessarily agree with it, I continue to pray for those friends and family members who loved Elijah.
While I understand those that have tried to help find Elijah, IMO he belongs to the family, they know and love him and should have a say in what's done in his name. MOO. I think it's great when strangers and community help, i just think sometimes they take it too far and forget then aren't related and didn't know Elijah until he became news. MOO

While I understand those that have tried to help find Elijah, IMO he belongs to the family, they know and love him and should have a say in what's done in his name. MOO. I think it's great when strangers and community help, i just think sometimes they take it too far and forget then aren't related and didn't know Elijah until he became news. MOO
I agree, he belongs first and foremost to the family that didn't hand him over to his killer with instructions to make him a man. That said, he also, IMO belongs to whoever's heart he inhabits. Elijah is not a finite product to be portioned out in servings. He is a child and he, through no wish of his own, now represents a lot of children, children whose parents have failed to protect them.

we can agree to disagree about this.

I wonder too but doubt it. I also think

1) The 3+ mile estimate noted in articles is likely an "as the crow flies" distance, not a realistic estimate of the true walking distance from Vang's apartment to where the remains were found.

2) Even if Elijah could have walked that far in the winter when he was apparently not dressed for outdoor weather, I seriously doubt a toddler could have walked that far without somebody seeing him and intervening. It's not as though a 3-year old would be trying to hide his movements from people who were out and about. (Nor could he IMO.) Even if people didn't know he was missing, few people would ignore a toddler walking around by himself.

3) I doubt a toddler would walk from open areas like the streets/sidewalks outside Vang's apartment into a thickly wooded area. Children found "in the woods" are usually older than toddlers and were often trying to run away or at least hide from parents. Or if they are toddlers they were already in the woods with family camping, hiking, or picnicking when they got lost OR they were currently living in a house right on the edge of the forest where they were eventually found. None of that seems to be the case here.

4) I seriously doubt a wandering toddler would jExust happen to head for an area near where he used to live with his mother when he was younger. Toddlers are hardly like dogs or cats who try to return to an old home.
MOO
Excellent post, @NCWatcher -- I totally agree.

I just don't see a 3 y/o walking that far without crying or yelling, etc. It's possible that no one heard him or saw him, but I am skeptical. I also cannot buy that he was headed for a place near where he used to live -- even I might have had a hard time doing that -- can a 3 year-old know & remember something like that?? In an area -- outside??
We'll see how this goes...
Fly high, new little Angel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895