Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone
If he planned it, IMO it was either due to financial issue or a mistress. If he didn't, it was because she was leaving him. But if he planned it and killed the babies first, I bet the "emotional argument" was bout "Where are my girls?" :(

Anyone else think the 6 weeks away were not really a vacation, but that she left him at least briefly?

Gotcha but killing someone is definitely going to cause a disturbance and yet no one reported any, if I'm correct?

I understand your theory of trying to get ahead of possible questions but I would think it is a lot smarter not to point the finger at yourself (!) until someone else does.

In other words, wait until investigators ask about a disturbance before coming up with a defense.

I just can't shake this one. But, alas, I guess I'm just one of his mere mortals. He makes my skin crawl, I can't watch the video or even look at him any more.

Not necessarily. One example: She could have been underwater. Do we know if she took a bath when she returned home?

I will never, ever understand how a person can go on camera and act like there is nothing wrong after he/she just murdered someone. Not just someone, but someone you profess to love.

I didn’t believe his words because he lacked emotion.

Gotcha but killing someone is definitely going to cause a disturbance and yet no one reported any, if I'm correct?

I understand your theory of trying to get ahead of possible questions but I would think it is a lot smarter not to point the finger at yourself (!) until someone else does.

In other words, wait until investigators ask about a disturbance before coming up with a defense.

I just can't shake this one. But, alas, I guess I'm just one of his mere mortals. He makes my skin crawl, I can't watch the video or even look at him any more.

I attribute it to a combination of arrogance, hyper confidence that he could get away with it and slow reality check of what he had done as well as the likely pressure from LE. They were clearly on to him from the first minute. Moo.

Last edited:
Something keeps lingering in my head as this seems to be slowly coming together.

His words:
" It wasn't an argument it was an emotional conversation. I'll leave it at that."

So he has confessed. He was lying.

Why on earth would you plant the seed in investigators minds that you had some kind of disagreement with your family who is dead at your hands.

He could have said he woke up, she was sleeping, he went to work, period.

What was he playing at here? Did he slip up because they obviously did fight?

Or was he trying to throw out the idea that she was emotionally upset and ran off with the girls? It seems like a major slip up to me, not thought out, jmo.

I just don't get it but thank God I'm not a killer so why would I. Any thoughts?

This has been bugging me, too. Is there some truth to this, i.e., did they argue, or is he fabricating a story as part of alluding to her taking off with the kids?

Did he lie in wait and ambush her the minute she came home, or was there some prolonged ‘emotional conversation’?

I wonder if we’ll ever find out.

Something keeps lingering in my head as this seems to be slowly coming together.

His words:
" It wasn't an argument it was an emotional conversation. I'll leave it at that."

So he has confessed. He was lying.

Why on earth would you plant the seed in investigators minds that you had some kind of disagreement with your family who is dead at your hands.

He could have said he woke up, she was sleeping, he went to work, period.

What was he playing at here? Did he slip up because they obviously did fight?

Or was he trying to throw out the idea that she was emotionally upset and ran off with the girls? It seems like a major slip up to me, not thought out, jmo.

I just don't get it but thank God I'm not a killer so why would I. Any thoughts?
I bet he was worried the neighbors heard the fight and he was covering it up.

One thing that keeps bugging me....the fact he checked who was at the door during his work day, when she was supposedly home. That to me was a bit telling. We have cameras at our house and my inlaws (for their safety being elderly) and if my husband is at work he doesn't look everytime someone comes to the door when I am home. That is just strange. Obviously, he was probably worried about who would show up at his house that day if he hadn't had a chance to remove evidence. I just found that tidbit odd.

This has been bugging me, too. Is there some truth to this, i.e., did they argue, or is he fabricating a story as part of alluding to her taking off with the kids?

Did he lie in wait and ambush her the minute she came home, or was there some prolonged ‘emotional conversation’?

I wonder if we’ll ever find out.

I thought neighbors mentioned hearing arguing. Anyone have a link?

Anyone

Anyone else think the 6 weeks away were not really a vacation, but that she left him at least briefly?

Yeah that's a long time for a vacation that he didn't go on at all. I also wonder if he was inspired by MTs case like oh she can disappear without a trace, I can probably make it look like my family did the same

If he planned it, IMO it was either due to financial issue or a mistress. If he didn't, it was because she was leaving him. But if he planned it and killed the babies first, I bet the "emotional argument" was bout "Where are my girls?" :(
I think I finally answered my lingering question of whether or not he let her see her babies before he killed her. The girls were not at home when she got there, she didn't see them. That is some degree of cruelty. A real piece of work he is...

Frederick man suspected of killing wife, 2 young daughters had climbed from deep financial troubles to prosperity
The Watts filed for bankruptcy two years after moving into their home at 2825 Saratoga Trail

A 33-year-old man arrested for investigation in connection with the killing of his wife and two young daughters had gone in a relatively short span of time from filing bankruptcy to enjoying great financial success, with his wife traveling extensively on vacation and for business.
Frederick murder suspect Christopher Watts had financial troubles

Late Edit: In depth article - copyright rule prevents posting more

Last edited:
I think I finally answered my lingering question of whether or not he let her see her babies before he killed her. The girls were not at home when she got there, she didn't see them. That is some degree of cruelty. A real piece of work he is...

I believe her babies were already dead. So actually... not letting her see them may have been the most merciful thing he did. Seeing where they are searching it's possible that he did place them "together." I so hope he did. The girls cannot be out there another night. They have to be recovered today.

When it comes to his statement to reporters about the emotional conversation they had. I saw it as the reporter led him into it, like they knew something. They said something along the lines of, "I know this is going to be a bad question, but did you two argue the night she returned home". I think that led him to say no, but we did have an emotional conversation. I think with her cell being found in the couch cushions, he might have started on her verbally the second she walked through that door. She may have texted her friend, like "here he goes" or something along those lines. Because the reporter KNEW to ask that question. I think he subdued her right on that couch, cell phone either fell out of hand or was tossed out of her hand. I think what transpired, happened on or right around that couch. However to this very moment I am not certain she was killed in the home, she may have been removed prior, if he had any knowledge of the accuracy of Cadaver dogs, he would know not to do it in the home. The children he could do in the home or out. The only way I could think of in the home is to pick them up and put them in a tub of water. Lift them out with blanket and towel, and straight to toolbox, not ever letting them touch a thing with any part of their body. However good chance they too were taken out somewhere to end their lives. I do have tons of faith in Cadaver dogs, they are truly amazing. Just unreal the accuracy they have. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member