Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe she was going to leave him, the most dangerous time for a DV victim. And she had told her friend, which was why her friend got LEO involved so quickly. He probably killed the kids for revenge, and her for control.

Well, he is in "control" now...of nothing.

I have a family member who has been involved in numerous DV relationships. She is extremely manipulative on her social media to portray her men as “the best” and in extremely positive terms (“life is bliss” kind of stuff). Occasionally she slips and posts something damning, but then deletes it.

Her SM is a bunch of BS, and I think it’s to keep everyone, including CPS, at bay. You just can’t believe everything you see on SM.

And DV escalates. I wonder what may have been going on in that home. I agree, a 6 week vacation away to NC is interesting.

Anyone
Anyone else think the 6 weeks away were not really a vacation, but that she left him at least briefly?
CW reportedly traveled to NC at least once during this 6 week trip. Watching the prego test result video on FB had a bad vibe to me -- cracks in the facade. I think you could be on to something...

Financial! Something about the BK filing and HOA court date
Frederick man suspected of killing wife, 2 young daughters had climbed from deep financial troubles to prosperity
The Watts filed for bankruptcy two years after moving into their home at 2825 Saratoga Trail

A 33-year-old man arrested for investigation in connection with the killing of his wife and two young daughters had gone in a relatively short span of time from filing bankruptcy to enjoying great financial success, with his wife traveling extensively on vacation and for business.
Frederick murder suspect Christopher Watts had financial
Frederick man suspected of killing wife, 2 young daughters had climbed from deep financial troubles to prosperity
The Watts filed for bankruptcy two years after moving into their home at 2825 Saratoga Trail

A 33-year-old man arrested for investigation in connection with the killing of his wife and two young daughters had gone in a relatively short span of time from filing bankruptcy to enjoying great financial success, with his wife traveling extensively on vacation and for business.
Frederick murder suspect Christopher Watts had financial troubles

I just want to add something I think is important. We need to also include the court date regarding the HOA: They filed for BK after moving into the home. Having had some experience myself after the 2008 financial meltdown: When filing CH7 you have the option of NOT reinstating your mortgage. Meaning if you continue to make payments you can stay there (forever) if you decide not to pay anymore you can walk away and not owe a thing.

Last edited:
Yeah that's a long time for a vacation that he didn't go on at all. I also wonder if he was inspired by MTs case like oh she can disappear without a trace, I can probably make it look like my family did the same
My understanding is that he did indeed go to NC for a portion of that six weeks. There were pictures of his time with them in NC on her FB, but they are no longer visible; someone has cleaned up her page (removed public access to many photos) since it was memorialized.

I think he was cheating. That's why he deleted social media just before she returned.

I think it's possible she knew and planned to leave him. May be why her friend was so worried when the door wasn't answered.

<modsnip - not victim-friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that keeps bugging me....the fact he checked who was at the door during his work day, when she was supposedly home. That to me was a bit telling. We have cameras at our house and my inlaws (for their safety being elderly) and if my husband is at work he doesn't look everytime someone comes to the door when I am home. That is just strange. Obviously, he was probably worried about who would show up at his house that day if he hadn't had a chance to remove evidence. I just found that tidbit odd.
Absolutely -- and he did not expect for SW friend to show up early. Friend spoiled his plot and so grateful to her for following her instincts.

Absolutely -- and he did not expect for SW friend to show up early. Friend spoiled his plot and so grateful to her for following her instincts.

What do you think he was going to do when he got back home? He couldn't stall others knowing they were missing but for a short time.

They put seals on cases or gag orders, but over time and especially during the proceedings, things come out. I am sure they are still heavily investigating and will be for a long time, so its wise to seal the case in my opinion. (although I want to know now). However, if you wait, and are willing to follow sometimes for a year or more, you will get the answers. IMHO
I am just guessing here, but somebody posted that SW friend said that the children's beds were not disturbed.
The court might not want this information known.

I am glad they were found, but it does not quell the hurt or anger one bit as far as I feel. I knew they would be recovered, I hope they took their time and got as much forensic evidence as they need to nail him to the wall... How can he bare himself, he should be naked in a cell with no blanket or sheet right about now, suicide watch deluxe, but that would be cruel and inhumane....ugh.....IMHO

This is what they said in the press conference three hours ago...
I hope they have actually laid eyes on the girls but I'm not sure this is actually any additional news.
I don't see an actual update anywhere saying that they have FOUND the girls...

(Especially considering this is not a local news site.)

UPDATE: Authorities say bodies believed to be a pregnant woman and her two young children were found on the property of one of Colorado's largest oil and gas drillers where her husband used to work.

UPDATE: Bodies of Colorado family found on oil property

I believe she was going to leave him, the most dangerous time for a DV victim. And she had told her friend, which was why her friend got LEO involved so quickly. He probably killed the kids for revenge, and her for control.

Well, he is in "control" now...of nothing.

I also believe that is what happened. He killed the children to "punish" her and then he killed her.

Hate to put it out there but my gut feeling is that he met someone while she was visiting her family in NC. Then she came back with the girls and in his mind he no longer could be with this this other person especially with a pregnant wife. In his deranged mind he had to get rid of the family to be with this other person. Why can't these guys just get a divorce? Not really a question... more of a statement.

I am glad they were found, but it does not quell the hurt or anger one bit as far as I feel. I knew they would be recovered, I hope they took their time and got as much forensic evidence as they need to nail him to the wall... How can he bare himself, he should be naked in a cell with no blanket or sheet right about now, suicide watch deluxe, but that would be cruel and inhumane....ugh.....IMHO
I think he should have been right there when their bodies were recovered. Let him live with that vision!

A couple of questions for the seasoned sleuthers: 1). In cases where the husband kills the wife/kids, is there typically DV in the home first, or can it come out of the blue and he just snaps? 2). A bunch of you said you knew he was going to confess after seeing his interview. Just curious what you observed/heard when watching that tipped you off . Like a lot of people I suspected he was lying but nothing hinted to me he would confess soon. I’m impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member