Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy better take a plea deal. If they go to trial, they would want to move to another area, because in the immediate area the jury pool is probably "tainted", knowing his guilt.

Seriously, where in the United States could this guy go for a trial? A man, killing his pregnant wife, and two little girls? Seems pretty slam dunk to me. Unless Pinellas county is available again...

I am so sick of the, "he/she was abused as a child", go talk to any prisoner, they are all "victims". Talking to their families often shows a skilled psychopath, who lied about everything.

Baby killers are the lowest tier. I wonder if he is on suicide watch...

Personally I believe killing a foetus by murdering a pregnant Mother to be should be a crime but I don’t want to derail the thread by causing a debate. At least he should be spending the rest of his life in prison

He will. In CA we have such a law. It allows for sentencing enhancements, for lack of a better term, such as for defendants who kill multiple victims (mom and fetus would count and that would be capital murder), or for people who kill kids (that could move a reckless homicide case into felony homicide if "child endangerment could be considered, for example).

But here, he's done the worst. Multiple victims. Children who were dependent on him.

He's going down.

Last edited:
Is it a motion to delay the autopsy 48 hours, or to delay the release of the autopsy *results* (to the public) 48 hours in order to allow the defense time to review the results?

I don’t recall a case where attorneys get to dictate the schedule in collecting and processing of forensic evidence (which an autopsy is). Edited to add: can an attorney weigh in, please? I’m trying to understand.

Not a lawyer but the prosecution seemed confused about that ruling as well, they had to question it for clarity.

What the judge ordered, as I understand it is that certain types of collection from the house and autopsies should be shared with the defense team. The prosecution questioned the judge on that as they said those particular pieces of evidence might not be able to be collected from the house and upon autopsy. So I think the judge just said that if they can get collected they need to be shared with the defense.

The other thing was that the judge ordered 48 hours notice for the defense team of the actual autopsies. I think that was so that someone from the defence office could be present for the autopsies? Is that normal? The prosecution questioned whether the judge wanted the coroner to be ordered to hold off the autopsies, and the judge said that if 48 hours notice is possible then that's what he wants given to the defense team, but if the coroner has to start sooner, then just make sure the defense is given as much notification as possible. I think that's just because on the lawyers side they have to fit it into their schedule, so the notice would help them to juggle their schedules around the autopsy?

I read today that a friend moved there.
Not sure if that is why she went.

It does say in this article I read that they had to leave North Carolina pretty quickly. I don't know if that had to do with the bankruptcy or not.

I wonder about this, too and also, if they had just filed bankruptcy not that long before moving to Colorado, how’d they get a mortgage for a $.5mil home whilst living paycheck to paycheck? Sorry if this has been explained before, there’s just too many pages of the threads to read through.

I wonder about this, too and also, if they had just filed bankruptcy not that long before moving to Colorado, how’d they get a mortgage for a $.5mil home whilst living paycheck to paycheck? Sorry if this has been explained before, there’s just too many pages of the threads to read through.

Someone said they moved to CO in 2012 or 2013 so the bankruptcy would have been in CO.

<snipped>
I am so sick of the, "he/she was abused as a child", go talk to any prisoner, they are all "victims". Talking to their families often shows a skilled psychopath, who lied about everything.

RSBM. History of childhood trauma is commonly at the root of psychopathy. That by NO means justifies horrific crime against others nor excuses consequences.

Understanding why/how antisocial tendencies develops, helps us focus prevention efforts on attachment and early childhood intervention. It does not create sympathy for said abusers when they become the source of others' trauma. JMO

The guy better take a plea deal. If they go to trial, they would want to move to another area, because in the immediate area the jury pool is probably "tainted", knowing his guilt.

Seriously, where in the United States could this guy go for a trial? A man, killing his pregnant wife, and two little girls? Seems pretty slam dunk to me. Unless Pinellas county is available again...

I hate that, when a person has confessed to a horrible crime, and all the evidence also corroborates it.... a “fair trial” does NOT mean that you get the opportunity to try to get off light for your crime. At this point it doesn’t matter who the jury is. The crime was done. He admitted it. Get your sentence and pay it.

And not only how did they qualify for the mortgage, but why the heck would you buy such an expensive house after declaring bankruptcy?

This is SO sad--these are the people the evil spent the night with after he murdered his family.

'He fooled us': Friends of man who allegedly killed family speak out after arrest
I'm catching up quickly as I can so apologies if someone already grabbed this quote from the article but it jumped out at me:

"He and Shanann were always hugging, kissing and smiling. They were just a picture of in love," added Amanda Thayer. "I want to know why."

Okay, yet, sources say she wanted to leave him. Did their relationship deteriorate into nothing but a show? Or was he abusive to her/the girls and that's why sources say she was leaving?

We all know appearances can be very deceptive. (Financial difficulties, etc).

I just want to know how deep this deception ran and how much SHE knew of the deception.

Did she question his mental health and had enough? Or was she duped just as their friends were.

I watch the video and think he is creepy, insensitive and robotic(psychopath). But I also know he confessed to horrific acts so I have the benefit of hindsight.
Maybe if you or I met him we wouldn't think anything unusual of him.

Confusing, conflicting image and message we are getting from those close to them.

Behind closed doors, yet again, we just never know.

So I'm guessing he buried the babies and initially planned on burying her, as well, but his plan was cut short and that's why her recovery was quicker?

I just looked through her Instagram again all the way to the beginning. Heartbreaking. When did he lose his love for her? His soul? Did he ever have one?

The way that little one grinned all cheesy ... You guys, this is just devastating. I don't know these people, I almost feel like weird about being so...invested :(

Just horrid! What a horrible, terrible man!
It's called empathy - you have it and he does not. According to media reports, SW was located in an open field. I'm inclined to believe the girls were probably buried. Time will tell...

He will. In CA we have such a law. It allows for sentencing enhancements, for lack of a better term, such as for defendants who kill multiple victims (mom and fetus would count and that would be capital murder), or for people who kill kids (that could move a reckless homicide case into felony homicide if "child endangerment could be considered, for example).

But here, he's done to worst. Multiple victims. Children who were dependent on him.

He's going down.
I most certainly HOPE SO but we all know how incompetent juries can be. :rolleyes:

I saw that she was at the $80,000 level in her company. Unsure if that means she generated that much for the co. or she earned that amount. I'm looking for it again - I think it was on her Facebook page.

This is SO sad--these are the people the evil spent the night with after he murdered his family.

'He fooled us': Friends of man who allegedly killed family speak out after arrest
From the above link:

“”We feel so stupid... trusting him to stay the night in the same house as our daughter," Nick Thayer told ABC News on Thursday, overcome with emotion. "I'll never let that go."

"In the 48-to-72 hours we were with him ... he was his normal self," Amanda Thayer added. "He never once cried."“

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inspektor925