Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can think of is the horror which would follow IF it was found that he had been molesting his little girls prior to murdering them. Defense would certainly want to quash something of that nature.

No. Its standard stuff. And this case is bad enough. Do we have to go to speculation about sexual abuse of babies? It just seems lurid.

So I'm guessing he buried the babies and initially planned on burying her, as well, but his plan was cut short and that's why her recovery was quicker?

I just looked through her Instagram again all the way to the beginning. Heartbreaking. When did he lose his love for her? His soul? Did he ever have one?

The way that little one grinned all cheesy ... You guys, this is just devastating. I don't know these people, I almost feel like weird about being so...invested :(

Just horrid! What a horrible, terrible man!

RIP, Shanann, Celeste, Bella and Nico.

My condolences to the Family and Friends.

116376-6088bd0fd35e87492ba0ed8785da0a91.jpg

Attachments

• brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone_smaller.jpg
    brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone_smaller.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 2
So I'm guessing he buried the babies and initially planned on burying her, as well, but his plan was cut short and that's why her recovery was quicker?

I just looked through her Instagram again all the way to the beginning. Heartbreaking. When did he lose his love for her? His soul? Did he ever have one?

The way that little one grinned all cheesy ... You guys, this is just devastating. I don't know these people, I almost feel like weird about being so...invested :(

Just horrid! What a horrible, terrible man!

I felt the same way about being invested in this case. It's the babies for me. And the family back home that was so desperately trying to find her all while they knew deep down the husband was off.

A May, 2018 FB post also has Shanann opening a FabFitFun Box. Those are boxes one has to subscribe to, and pay for on credit cards. “Mommybloggers” do this on their YouTube channels in order to get views. Do we know if Shanann also had a YouTube channel?

Also, can someone please repost the “Schlub to fit” Instagram Shanann posted where Chris is transformed via Le-Vel? I’d find that humiliating, but maybe Chris was cool with the FB postings.

I hope I’m not pissing anyone off with my posts, but I’m really thinking this family was in a debt crisis, all due to living way beyond their means and falling for scams.

All I can think of is the horror which would follow IF it was found that he had been molesting his little girls prior to murdering them. Defense would certainly want to quash something of that nature.

Is it a motion to delay the autopsy 48 hours, or to delay the release of the autopsy *results* (to the public) 48 hours in order to allow the defense time to review the results?

I don’t recall a case where attorneys get to dictate the schedule in collecting and processing of forensic evidence (which an autopsy is). Edited to add: can an attorney weigh in, please? I’m trying to understand.

Last edited:
I couldn't focus all of my attention while listening to this, but here's what I got out of it (I do not speak legalese though, just so you know;)):
  1. Formal charges to be filed by 3:30 pm Monday 8/20
  2. Hearing on Tuesday 8/21 at 10 am to advise CW of formal charges
  3. Order for preservation of evidence - FBI, CBI and local LE handwritten notes
  4. No autopsy(ies) scheduled at this point and prosecution unsure of when that will happen
  5. Defense has a copy of the affidavit despite it being sealed from the public
  6. Discussion of DNA Motion - Prosecution has concerns about wording; most of what is asked for regarding the autopsy is standard, but concerned about how it is phrased in that it orders collection of DNA from certain areas of the bodies that at this point they don't even have
  7. Motion for Protection Order - for nobody to speak to Mr. Watts other than attorneys or investigators
  8. At the request of the defense, the court orders the prosecution to give the defense 48 hours notice of if/when an autopsy is scheduled
#7 Protection order to keep his dumb behind from giving more media interviews? ;)

Chilling note from the end of the Wired article:

"It was important to make the research about male family annihilators available this month, says Wilson, as men are most likely to commit these acts during August, with 20 percent of cases occurring within this period."

WOW. I wonder why???

Why are the defense asking for 48hrs notice before the autopsy? Surely the coroner won't have to wait and can start the autopsies as soon as the bodies are recovered.
Also the defence lawyer says something to the judge like "can we have advance notice of autopsies so the defense can file motions, you can understand why we would want to do that" Makes me wonder what horrors an autopsy will throw up.

Im still catching up. So I’m not sure if this has been mentioned or not. I’m thinking an autopsy will verify if SW was pregnant. If so, more charges and motions will likely be filled.

Abuse is not just physical. It is highly likely there has been some type of DV, including emotional, psychological, financial, and/or physical abuse ..moo .

I could easily imagine him being passive-aggressive, emotionally manipulative and possibly mean in his words, putting her down one minute and then switching to mr wonderful the next minute. And it might have come and gone so that she might feel uncomfortable and then think it was a passing thing and that it wouldn't happen again.

She's off with her people, answering the phone to her people but not getting back to him straight away. How is that going to make him feel? Like he's not her number 1 any more? She's got kids, then 'her people' and then him, plus she seems to be the one doing the majority of looking after the home. And look how successful she's getting with her job, jetting off for business conferences and leaving him to look after the kids. And then when she's supposed to arrive he has to wait for her delayed plane to arrive. How is a poor possibly narcissistic man supposed to feel under these circumstances? I'm also curious if he might be jealous of other men, does he question her as to whether there are men at these business trips?

WOW. I wonder why???
Why So Many Men Kill Their Families On Sundays In August
Why? The researchers write that many of the cases are based on perceptions of masculinity and power being challenged. The reason so many cases happen on weekends and in August, they argue, is that an estranged parent (again, usually the father) will have access to the children during the summer months and weekends--but by the end of that time, he may have to return them to the mother, which would explain the killings happening in August and on Sundays. (The data bears this out: the most common motive behind the killings, the researchers found, was a family breaking up, which included issues like access to children. That category accounted for two-thirds of stated motives.)​

It's standard. The motions include things like being able to be present or the preservation of certain evidence. Being able to have their own experts attend.

Not sure about Colorado, but in some states, the coroner is an elected position with only high school diploma requirements and a board certified forensic pathologist isn’t always on hand for autopsies. It makes sense for the defense to want a chance to hire their own forensic pathologist for an independent assessment, depending on the resources available.

Why So Many Men Kill Their Families On Sundays In August
Why? The researchers write that many of the cases are based on perceptions of masculinity and power being challenged. The reason so many cases happen on weekends and in August, they argue, is that an estranged parent (again, usually the father) will have access to the children during the summer months and weekends--but by the end of that time, he may have to return them to the mother, which would explain the killings happening in August and on Sundays. (The data bears this out: the most common motive behind the killings, the researchers found, was a family breaking up, which included issues like access to children. That category accounted for two-thirds of stated motives.)​

bluesneakers: Thanks for that. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay