Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it could be that they didn't, or refused to, change something they wanted changed. friends of mine just sold their condo, their HOA was ordering everyone to fix their balconies different, nice 30k unexpected fee.

Most likely they were behind on paying HOA dues, if the fee was not part of their escrow. When people fall behind on bills, HOA fees are one of the things they stop paying. If fees were part of escrow, and they stopped making house payments, same thing. When people file for bankruptcy, even with a lien on the property, HOA's are usually very far down the list, and the balance due is expected to be written off. To collect, the HOA can sometimes file suit in court. Past due balance on HOA fees can also include interest, penalties and legal fees, which can add up. Homeowners who file for bankruptcy are usually 1 yr or more behind on HOA payments. I've been on my HOA board for many years.

Why are the defense asking for 48hrs notice before the autopsy? Surely the coroner won't have to wait and can start the autopsies as soon as the bodies are recovered.
Also the defence lawyer says something to the judge like "can we have advance notice of autopsies so the defense can file motions, you can understand why we would want to do that" Makes me wonder what horrors an autopsy will throw up.

All I can think of is the horror which would follow IF it was found that he had been molesting his little girls prior to murdering them. Defense would certainly want to quash something of that nature.

The Latest: Prosecutors believe family died at home

Colorado prosecutors say they believe a Colorado man killed his pregnant wife and two daughters in their home.

Christopher Watts was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of killing his wife and daughters. He was ordered held without bail ahead of hearing next Tuesday to discuss formal charges.

The comments came during a brief court hearing on Thursday as Judge Marcelo Kopcow considered several requests on preservation of evidence made by Watts' attorney. The attorney left the court without commenting.

After Thursday's hearing, District Attorney Michael Rourke said he could not discuss what led authorities to believe the three died in their home.

Authorities say they have found the body of Shanann Watts and believe they know the location of the girls' bodies and are working to recover them.

I agree there is more to it. The police respond to a call from a friend (not relative or husband) for a welfare check and accept she is a missing person without the standard wait time. Clearly what they heard and saw convinced LE that there was something wrong. imo
That is exactly what set my alarms off. The police usually wait before they issue a missing persons report. Unless they did early because of the 2 children involved. But no I felt uneasy thinking her friend had been soooo frantic, so absolutely sure, had some info that we don't know to prompt them. IMO.

He faces investigation on one count of first-degree murder after deliberation; two counts of first-degree murder – position of trust; and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body.

Chris Watts case: Everything we know so far about the alleged murders of his wife, daughters

Okay so to me this fits with what we are thinking. 2 counts of first degree, position of trust (the girls before Shanann came home.) one count first degree after deliberation (his wife after she got home.) It sounds like they may believe as well that the girls were killed before Shanann returned home.

That's really just all standard criminal defense stuff. If you're going to be a public defender or criminal defense attorney you better request those things or you're committing malpractice.

But I certainly get why it rankles.

Yes, working for a very ethical defense attorney has given me a different perspective on them. However, I do wish it was 24 hours notice though. They could give notice as soon as they recover the bodies. The defense could have the experts they want present retained and on standby now. Then 24 hours should be enough to have them get there. I just hate to think of them sitting there any longer than required.

and that means what, exactly--that he's awkward, nonsexual? I don't understand.

He seems introverted to me. This could mean that he wasn't real great at making the first move. It's possible he was decent at "pursuing" her on the phone/online but not in person. Maybe that is what she meant by her having to do everything yet him pursuing her?

I agree there is more to it. The police respond to a call from a friend (not relative or husband) for a welfare check and accept she is a missing person without the standard wait time. Clearly what they heard and saw convinced LE that there was something wrong. imo

I think it helped that the house was locked up and her car was there. It was pretty clear that only one person could have taken them out, especially once they got the video from the neighbor.

I definitely think Nicole saved this investigation. He had to have planned to go home and set the stage to make it look like an abduction, struggle, run away... anything but how it actually happened.

People are definitely studying this!

This one was passed around quite a bit earlier today: Study: family killers are usually men and fit one of four distinct profiles | WIRED UK

Also, read up on any profiles of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Anti-Social Personality Disorder, domestic abusers. "The Sociopath Next Door" is good for NPD/ASPD, and "Why Does He Do That?" by Lundy Bancroft for abusers.

I think people are starting to become more aware of narcissists and their tactics, and I'm relieved to see the article you posted. And thanks for the other titles, too. I agree with your recommendations!

There are too many of them out there and they ruin lives everywhere they go, ugh. But once you know what they are, especially if you've dealt with one before, you'll rarely miss it again. Suddenly it becomes so apparent what they are and what they're doing. Nearly all of them follow nearly the same script.

I'm so relieved these sweet little girls have been located.

I feel so awful for the persons who were searching for them and all that's entailed upon bringing them in for the medical examiner's office.

My heart breaks again and again for what these girls and their Mom endured.

May God comfort the family and friends of Shannon Celeste Bella & little Nico.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member