Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It bugs me that the body found is most likely Shannan. What did he do to her??? It’s not been a week, she can’t be that decomposed.

These LE appear to be sticking to the rule book. It's likely just a formality. Until they can confirm with dental records, fingerprints or DNA. They KNOW it's her but they won't CONFIRM it's her until she's been officially identified. I don't think it absolutely means she's totally unrecognizable.

9News.com

Chris Watts is due in court at 2:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon. Krista Henery, spokeswoman for the Weld County District Attorney’s Office, said the formal filing of charges is not expected until at least Monday.

_________
CW also being charged with tampering with a deceased body..
2016 Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 18 - Criminal Code
Article 8 - Offenses - Governmental Operations
Part 6 - Offenses Relating to Judicial and Other Proceedings
§ 18-8-610.5. Tampering with a deceased human body

Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 18-8-610.5 (2016)
(1) A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.

(2) Tampering with a deceased human body is a class 3 felony.

I think sometimes the cases where it is such a normal looking family and an attractive, normal looking murderer are the most disturbing cases of all. It’s like a nightmare—that nice, loving person you thought you knew better than anyone else—suddenly becoming a monster. Sometimes when you see a mug shot you can see that “look” in their eyes that tells you, “Yep, there’s a crazy one.” But not really even in this case. You just see a regular dude. So sad and so terrifying.

It bugs me that the body found is most likely Shannan. What did he do to her??? It’s not been a week, she can’t be that decomposed.
I think between the heat an the coyotes you might be amazed what can happen even in just a couple of days. I lived on a rural road where people went entirely too fast and it was a big crossing area from the back fields to the South Platte river, hence many animals hit by cars. I would go to bed knowing I would call in morning if animal was still there, and nope GONE, "I called it the Coyote Clean up Commitee", once darkness hits they are on there job. Not meaning to sound callous, but just saying, where there is carnivore wildlife, immense damage can be done to a dead body or carcass. IMHO

This is Christopher Watts entering the courtroom in Greeley, CO for his first appearance after being arrested in connection with the death of his wife and two children. @coloradoan

Austin Humphreys on Twitter

Attachments

• F2D75A8C-6460-494D-ACC5-C51E22AC8984.jpeg
    F2D75A8C-6460-494D-ACC5-C51E22AC8984.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 452
  • 51D70A40-8397-4F04-A396-35D09C1576AC.jpeg
    51D70A40-8397-4F04-A396-35D09C1576AC.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 400
I was focused in where they were showing a bulldozer, water and a sewer. The water would do quit a bit of damage to a body?

OR they could have stopped paying their bills and had extra cash.
I've seen and heard of people "planning to file BK and go on a spending spree on their credit cards or apply and get new credit
cards and go wild racking up the bills till they're cut off.
Then when BK is filed, you can see they had 15 credit cards, all
maxed out for frivolous purchases.

I’ve witnessed that scenario - being so far in debt and deliberately running up credit cards to gain stuff to sell on the after-market after cc debt is discharged. All the while getting to continue to live in a nice house with a 30 yr mortgage after BK, because the mortgage will keep getting paid.

However, is it even possible to file CH7 BK within 3 years? Especially with a house which grew in assessed value by 125k since the 2015 BK?

No idea if this is right, I cannot find local news that states the girls have been found, but this suggests they have been

UPDATE: Bodies of Colorado family found on oil property

Read that earlier and assume it's accurate. It contains a quote from an Andarko spokesperson. My assumption is that the bodies have been recovered. I doubt we will hear any more details about where he disposed of them until the trial. Andarko is in control of that information and is likely pressuring LE and the news media to not discuss it. It's bad PR for them, or at least they probably perceive it to be. None of this is their fault, but it's how corporations roll, so to speak.

ETA: Relevant quotes from CBI and Andarko

John Camper, director of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, told reporters Thursday that investigators have found Shanann Watts' body and were trying to recover what they believe are the bodies of 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste from Anadarko Petroleum Corp. property.

Chris Watts has been arrested in the disappearance of his family. His paystubs show he was working for Anadarko in 2015.

Company spokeswoman Jennifer Brice said he's no longer employed there. She declined to provide any other information, citing the active investigation.

She says the company is heartbroken and is supporting investigators.

Last edited:
Read that earlier and assume it's accurate. It contains a quote from an Andarko spokesperson. My assumption is that the bodies have been recovered. I doubt we will hear any more details about where he disposed of them until the trial. Andarko is in control of that information and is likely pressuring LE and the news media to not discuss it. It's bad PR for them, or at least they probably perceive it to be. None of this is their fault, but it's how corporations roll, so to speak.
NOT -- See posts #534, 556, 541, 575, 594 (bad headline)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay