CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4) - MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINES - NO DISCUSS

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Polygraph and Interview with Chris Watts

Polygraph and Interview with Christopher Watts 08.15.18 (34 pg pdf)
CHRISTOPHER “CHRIS” WATTS voluntarily consented to a recorded polygraph interview. The interview took place at the Frederick Police Department, which was located at 333 5th Street in Frederick, Colorado. It was my understanding the primary purpose of the interview was to determine if WATTS had any knowledge or involvement in the disappearance of his wife and two (2) young daughters.

The polygraph was conducted on Wednesday, August 15, 2018, at which time WATTS showed Deception Indicated (DI) on his polygraph.

NOV 22, 2018
Shocking texts between killer dad Chris Watts and his wife reveal their crumbling marriage | Daily Mail Online
Two days before Shanann and the girls returned to Colorado, her texts with Watts indicate things were not going well in the relationship.

AUGUST 5
10.34pm: ...lf you are done, don't love me, don't want to work this out, not happy anymore and only staying because of kids, I NEED you to tell me.'

11.00pm: Shanann asked Watts: 'Would you stay with me if we didn't have kids?'

11.09pm: Shanann asked Watts, 'l just don't get it. You don't fall out of love in 5 weeks.'

Minutes later she pondered, 'How can you sleep? Our marriage is crumbling in front of us and you can sleep.'

Shanann and the girls returned to Colorado on August 7. Her last post on social media was around 4.30pm on August 9.

August 10
Shanann traveled to Scottsdale, Arizona for a work event, leaving the two young girls behind with Watts.

A photo taken by a friend shows her at a group dinner at Yard House in Scottsdale on August 11. She returned to Colorado the following day.

AUGUST 15
Frederick Police administered a polygraph test to Watts. Investigators say he came to the test in loose clothing and was wearing no wedding ring.

The polygraph test indicated Watts was lying, and the tester confronted Watts with the deception.

NOV 22, 2018
Lengthy documents detail marital problems, affair in Chris Watts murder case
“Chris told me last night he’s scared to death about this third baby,” Shanann Watts wrote to a friend on Aug. 7. “And he’s happy with just Bella and Celeste and doesn’t want another baby.”

“He has changed,” she wrote in a follow-up message. “I don’t know who he is.”

The next day, Shanann Watts wrote another text message to the same friend: “He said we are not compatible anymore! He refused to hug me after he said he will try to ‘work’ it out! Said he thought another baby would fix his feelings. Said, he refused couples counseling!”

At the same time, Chris Watts was documenting his blossoming affair with Nichol Kessinger, a contractor at Anadarko he met in June. On Chris Watts’ phone, investigators found evidence of their relationship – secreted photos of them together, of a trip they took to the Great Sand Dunes National Park in Southern Colorado over the July Fourth holiday, of a necklace he bought for her.

In early August, Kessinger told an FBI agent, Chris Watts told her he loved her.
He spun an elaborate story – that he was looking for a two-bedroom apartment to move into now that his marriage was ending, that he hoped to list the couple’s home on the market. They traded intimate pictures.

But she alternately said she had difficulty reconciling the idea that Chris Watts could simply pass things off as, “Hey, my family just disappeared, and I am not going to question that.”

All of it, she said, made her believe that he had problems that predated their relationship: “I legitimately think his cheese was sliding off his cracker long before he met me.”

NOV 22, 2018
New documents in Chris Watts murder case reveal bizarre search histories of confessed family-killer and his new girlfriend
On July 24, Shannan sent Chris the following message:

“I realized during this trip what’s missing in our relationship! It’s only one way emotions and feelings. I can’t come back like this. I need you to meet me halfway. You don’t consider others at all, nor think about others feelings.” In response, Chris reportedly told Shannan he loved her.

“l try to give you space, but while you are working and living the bachelor life l’m carrying our 3rd and fighting with our two kids daily and trying to work and make money,” Shannan replied.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Chris had already begun an affair with co-worker by that time. The woman, Nichol Kessinger, recently gave an interview with the Denver Channel in which she said that Chris told her his divorce was final or near-final, and that she began to suspect he may have been involved in the disappearance of his wife and daughters after realizing that he had lied to her about his marriage, and also because he did not seem concerned enough that his family was missing.

According to the CBS News Denver report, investigators searched both Chris and his girlfriend’s phones for their search histories. Kessinger reportedly spent extensive time searching for the name “Shannan Watts” on her phone, in addition to searches of a sexual nature, seeking videos and information about sexual positions. Following the murders, Kessinger reportedly searched for the phrases “can cops trace text messages” and “people hate Amber Frey,” reportedly in reference to the mistress of Scott Peterson, who is now in prison for killing his pregnant wife. She also searched for information about Frey’s book deal, according to the documents obtained by the news station.

NOV 22, 2018
Christopher Watts murder case file: Read all 1,960 pages
Early suspicions from Shanann Watts’ mother, jail mail addressed to Christopher Watts and transcripts of FBI interviews are included in a nearly 2,000-page case file released Wednesday by the Weld County District Attorney’s Office.

Sandra Rzucek, Shanann Watts’ mother, immediately suspected that her son-in-law was involved in the disappearance of her daughter and granddaughters. The day after they were reported missing Rzucek called police to tell them she suspected foul play and that her son-in-law was acting strange.

“She stated that Christopher is acting, ‘Weird,’ and out of the ordinary. She said that Christopher is telling people, ‘He has to go to work,’ and that just doesn’t seem right. She felt that he is going out to pour oil on the bodies to dispose of them somewhere,” a Frederick Police Department supplemental report said.

Polygraph and Interview with Chris Watts

Polygraph and Interview with Christopher Watts 08.15.18 (34 pg pdf)
CHRISTOPHER “CHRIS” WATTS voluntarily consented to a recorded polygraph interview. The interview took place at the Frederick Police Department, which was located at 333 5th Street in Frederick, Colorado. It was my understanding the primary purpose of the interview was to determine if WATTS had any knowledge or involvement in the disappearance of his wife and two (2) young daughters.

The polygraph was conducted on Wednesday, August 15, 2018, at which time WATTS showed Deception Indicated (DI) on his polygraph.
Delete

NOV 22, 2018
New documents in Chris Watts murder case reveal bizarre search histories of confessed family-killer and his new girlfriend
On July 24, Shannan sent Chris the following message:

“I realized during this trip what’s missing in our relationship! It’s only one way emotions and feelings. I can’t come back like this. I need you to meet me halfway. You don’t consider others at all, nor think about others feelings.” In response, Chris reportedly told Shannan he loved her.

“l try to give you space, but while you are working and living the bachelor life l’m carrying our 3rd and fighting with our two kids daily and trying to work and make money,” Shannan replied.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Chris had already begun an affair with co-worker by that time. The woman, Nichol Kessinger, recently gave an interview with the Denver Channel in which she said that Chris told her his divorce was final or near-final, and that she began to suspect he may have been involved in the disappearance of his wife and daughters after realizing that he had lied to her about his marriage, and also because he did not seem concerned enough that his family was missing.

According to the CBS News Denver report, investigators searched both Chris and his girlfriend’s phones for their search histories. Kessinger reportedly spent extensive time searching for the name “Shannan Watts” on her phone, in addition to searches of a sexual nature, seeking videos and information about sexual positions. Following the murders, Kessinger reportedly searched for the phrases “can cops trace text messages” and “people hate Amber Frey,” reportedly in reference to the mistress of Scott Peterson, who is now in prison for killing his pregnant wife. She also searched for information about Frey’s book deal, according to the documents obtained by the news station.

NOV 22, 2018
The Subtle Way Shan'ann Watts' Mom Honored Daughter & Grandkids as She Confronted Killer Husband
For all of the pain he had brought to her family, when Sandra Rzucek stood up on Monday morning at the sentencing for triple murderer Chris Watts, she spoke mostly of affection, peace and gratitude.

“I want the world to know that our daughter and her children were so loved by us,” she said in court in Weld County, Colorado, of her slain daughter, 34-year-old Shan’ann Watts, and her grandchildren, Bella and Celeste, and Shan’ann’s unborn son, Nico.

“They will always be protected by God and his mighty angels,” Rzucek said.

“We loved you like a son. We trusted you, your faithful wife trusted you, your children adored you and they also trusted you,” Rzucek continued. “Your daughter Bella Marie sang a song proudly — and I don’t know if you got to see it, but it was, ‘Daddy you’re my hero.’ “

“I have no idea who gave you the right to take their lives, but I know God and his mighty angels were there in that moment to bring them home to paradise,” Rzucek said.

NOV 22, 2018
Chris Watts case: Texts between convicted murderer and wife released by district attorney - CBS News
p. 2082 May 29, 2018
1540 hours: Shanann began filming in the kitchen of 2825 Saratoga Trail. she stepped in front of the camera briefly to show off her shirt with the embossed words, "Oops… we did it again." When she stepped out of the camera's view Dieter (the family dog) ran off to welcome Watts entering the home. As Watts walked into the kitchen, he halted mid stride and stared in Shanann's direction. His confused expression transformed into a grin and he walked to her saying, "We did it again." When Watts returned in view of the camera he is holding a pregnancy test and they discuss the positive result. Watts leaned in, kissed Shanann and, with a large grin, says, "l guess when you want to, it happens – Wow." Seventy six days later Shanann, her unborn child, Bello and Celeste were murdered *

In an interview with Thornton Police, Watts' alleged mistress Nichol Kessinger said from her perspective, Chris and Shanann "did not get along well and their financial life was also troubling. She said Chris was struggling with finances and now he had a third kid on the way and she does not know if he could afford another kid. Shanann was not responsive to this financial trouble. Nichol said Chris always told her he wanted a third child and wanted a boy."

Kessinger told police she does not think she is the only catalyst for the sequence of events. She does, however, believe that being in Chris's life may have "accelerated the process." She feels "money is the biggest catalyst for this event happening."

In that same interview, Kessinger said she could not think of a reason for why Chris would have hurt his children. She continues, "The only thing she could think of was that the kids may have seen him killing Shanann so he chose to kill them as well."

NOV 23, 2018
Chris Watts plotted to kill family at a birthday party then fed and showered girls before murders | Daily Mail Online
Watts had taken the girls to a birthday party on the afternoon of Sunday, August 12, and while Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, played in the pool their father started texting co-worker Kodi Roberts.

At 5.06pm that evening, Watts set in motion his plan for disposing of his wife and daughters' bodies, as he texted Roberts that he would be making the drive out to one of the more distant oil fields that was managed by his company, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.

Shanann's father was one of the last people to see the girls, revealing he spoke to them on FaceTime on Sunday evening.

Frank Rzucek stated in an interview with law enforcement officials that he spoke with both Watts and Bella, who was eating cold pizza and candy.

A babysitter, who was the sister of the birthday boy whose party Watts and the girls attended that Sunday, also spoke with an agent with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

She said that on Saturday Watts had asked her to watch the children while he attended a Rockies game, though it was later revealed that he was actually on a date with his mistress, Nichol Kessinger.

It was her first time babysitting for the family, with the normal sitter who is a close friend of Shannon's not called in for reasons that are not stated in the reports.

The babysitter did have a different version of events as to what happened the following day though, saying that Watts left the party much earlier than he told authorities.

'[The babysitter] stated the following day, Sunday August 12, 2018, Chris, Celeste and Bella came to her home for a birthday party for her younger brother,' reads the CBI report. 'Celeste and Bella are friends of her younger brother. [The babysitter] recalled Chris and his daughters left her home at about 3.30pm.'

Watts' co-worker Roberts later told an agent with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation that it was 'unusual' that Watts had texted him on a weekend, and stated that he did arrive to the site alone on Monday morning.

NOV 23, 2018
Days Before Murder, Chris Watts' Wife Was Worried: 'What If He Really Doesn't Love Me Anymore?'
“He has changed. I don’t know who he is,” she texted early on Aug. 7 of husband Chris Watts, according to a bevy of investigative documents released in the case and obtained by local media outlets.

The documents, as described by TV stations KCNC, KDVR and KUSA, vividly underline the basic narrative already laid out by Colorado authorities: Chris, 33, had grown distant from his family and infatuated with a “new love” until, at last, he could not keep them all in his life — and chose his lover.

“He hasn’t touched me all week, kissed me, talked to me except for when I’m trying to figure out what is wrong,” Shan’ann explained in a text, according to KDVR, adding, “We’ve never had a problem in our relationship like this. No joke. NEVER. THIS IS TOTAL LEFT FIELD.”

“What if he really doesn’t love me anymore?!” she texted at one point, noting later on Aug. 7 that “he said we are not compatible anymore! He refused to hug me after he said he will try to ‘work’ it out! Said he thought another baby would fix his feelings. Said, he refused couples counseling.”

Chris, his wife wrote to her friend, “said he’s not sitting on no damn couch saying what he just said to me to no stranger.”

Shan’ann was expecting a son to be named Nico. “This baby in my belly deserves his full love,” she texted her friend, who had advised her to go through Chris’ phone for signs of infidelity.

“Only thing I can think of even though I don’t think he has it in him is another girl,” Shan’ann wrote.

NOV 23, 2018
Documents show troubled marriage before family murders
The Weld County District Attorney's Office in Colorado released nearly 2,000 pages of documents related to the murders of Shanann Watts and her two daughters.

Chris Watts, who is from Cumberland County, is serving life in prison for murdering his wife and two children.
In one on Aug. 7, Shanann texts a close friend, "Chris told me last night he's scared to death about this third baby and he's happy with just Bella and Celeste and doesn't want another baby."

She also wrote, "He said we're not compatible anymore. He refused to hug me after he said he will try to 'work it out.'"

Text messages also reveal Shanann canceled a gender reveal party for their unborn son. When asked what happened, Shanann writes: "He said he had a lot of time to think."

There are also text messages from Chris after his family disappears.

While police are searching his house, he writes: "There's still a chance in my mind she's with someone I don't know of. I really hope that's the case. The police have seen all the footage from the cameras."

NOV 23, 2018
Documents show investigators were closing in before Christopher Watts confession
Investigators already were closing in when Christopher Watts admitted to killing his wife and kids, having already identified a bed sheet matching the Watts' sheets and the disturbed earth above Shanann Watts' shallow grave at a remote oil tank battery when the call came in regarding Watts' confession, according to newly released documents from the case that earned national attention.

The Weld District Attorney's Office released more than 2,000 pages of documents Wednesday afternoon, and officials plan to release about 3 terabytes of data containing photos, video and more in the coming days.

Using a drone with a camera, investigators zeroed in on a fitted bed sheet matching sheets from the Watts residence, which happened to be missing a fitted sheet. Investigators also found a patch of earth that appeared to have been recently disturbed.

While awaiting further instruction, word came through an investigator at the scene that Watts confessed to killing his wife and two daughters and disposing of their bodies near the well site.

They got a text message with a picture of the tanks, the girls' initials scrawled on each tank.

It would take more than 12 hours the following day to recover the bodies, with reports describing a gruesome recovery process.

Making a murderer: Chris Watts' wife's chilling final text messages

What went wrong in the mind of a young husband and father that drove him to brutally murder his pregnant wife and daughters?

It's a question to which we may never know the answer, and one that will haunt their friends and relatives forever.

This was a sickening crime that seemed all the more incomprehensible because of the happy photos that littered the Colorado family's social media accounts. It is a crime for this era, another chilling warning of what our endless streams of perfect Instagram pictures can conceal, reports news.com.au.

The world stared into Chris Watts' eyes in those photos, wondering if there was a certain dead, hollowness to them.

In photos taken less than two weeks before he strangled wife Shanann and their girls, the kids played happily with their mother during a family holiday at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Watts stood to the side, apparently deeply uninterested in his wife — who was 15 weeks pregnant — or his daughters Bella, 4, or Celeste, 3. We can only wonder what the 33-year-old was thinking.

THE 'PERFECT' FAMILY

GI6ZBMCRKRHCPMI7NUCBYVRYLA.jpg

It is now clear life for the family in the small town of Frederick, population 8000, was not as rosy as it looked on social media. Court records showed the couple had money problems, filing for bankruptcy in June 2015, six months after Watts was hired as an operator for oil and gas giant Anadarko Petroleum.

Shanann was working in a children's hospital call centre. They reported total earnings of $120,000 in 2014 but $96,000 in unsecured claims — including thousands of dollars in credit card debt, student loans and medical bills — along with a mortgage of about $4000 a month.

But Shanann, 34, seemed to believe love would see her beautiful family through anything.

In April this year, during a work trip to New Orleans, she wrote of her husband on Facebook: "He's my rock! He takes care of us girls unconditionally! Thank you baby for holding down the fort this weekend! Love you."

[...]

NOV 23, 2018
'He has changed': Texts show gulf between Chris Watts and his wife before he killed her - CNN
Arguments between Watts and his wife intensified when he reunited with the family in North Carolina in late July and early August. By the time they returned to Colorado, Shanann Watts, roughly 15 weeks pregnant, revealed to friends that her husband told her he didn't want the baby, friends told police.

"I don't know how you fell out of love with me in 5.5 weeks, or if this has been going on for a long time, but you don't plan another baby if you're not in love," Shanann wrote to her husband on August 8, according to a police review of her phone data included in the investigative documents.

A friend told police that she'd been helping to plan an August 19 party at which the baby's gender would be revealed. But the friend learned on August 8 -- a day after the family returned form North Carolina -- that Shanann was canceling the party.

August 6
Shanann writes to Chris: "Your only response last night was 'l don't want to lose the kids!' 'You used me to just have a 'boy!' Only reason you wanted another kid?! I can't handle this and you are ok with it. Why didn't you just tell me you were done?l? Why get me pregnant?!?"

Chris responds: "l'm not just staying because of the kids. They are my light and that will not change. I didn't fall out of love in 5 weeks, that's impossible. I don't want to erase 8 years just like that. l'm not sure what's in my head."

NOV 24, 2018
Chris Watts 'Giggled' as Agents Pushed for a Murder Confession — and Failed a Polygraph Test
After continuing to claim he knew nothing about where his wife and daughters were located, Watts was asked by investigators on Aug. 15 to come up with all the ways he could think of to cause someone’s disappearance, the docs claim.

Watts, 33, then “giggled,” adding that the question was hard to answer as he was not responsible for the disappearance of Shan’ann Watts, his 34-year-old pregnant wife of nearly six years.

Before a polygraph test, Chris was told the three questions he would be asked: if he had physically caused his wife’s disappearance and whether he was lying about the last time he saw her and if he knew where she was.

During both the pre-test interview and the actual polygraph test, he maintained his innocence. Authorities said Chris was found to have been untruthful on the polygraph test.

Investigators went on to tell Chris he had failed the polygraph test, to which he simply responded, “Okay,” and maintained that his answers had been truthful.

NOV 26, 2018
Chris Watts had 10-month affair with male escort who says murderer and paid for his lip injections | Daily Mail Online
Bolte told her told his mother that Watts 'paid him $250.00, $80.00, and $60.00 on separate occasions,' with Colleen adding that one of the payments was for her son's 'lip injections.'

She also said that when she called Bolte back in March of this year while he watching their cabin in Wyoming, he told her that he was with a friend Chris from Colorado for the weekend.

'We had relations off and on from last June up until March or April. I found out he was married with kids in February. I didn’t know that when we first met, said Bolte in that post.

There was not much follow-up to Bolte's claim however after investigators began to focus in on his mistress at the time of the murders, Nichol Kessinger.

NOV 25, 2018
Texts reveal days before Colorado woman, children went missing

Text messages between Chris Watts and his pregnant wife in the weeks leading up to her death have been released to the public. Those messages reveal that Shanann Watts, 34, of Frederick, Colorado, noticed a change in her husband, saying he no longer wanted another child.

She wrote on Aug. 5, “I don’t know how you fell out of love with me in 5.5 weeks, or if this has been going on for a long time, but you don’t plan another baby if you’re not in love.”

The next morning, Chris Watts, 33, denied he didn’t love her, saying he didn't want to erase eight years together and responding, “l’m not sure what’s in my head.”

That's the ticket. He didn't want to erase 8 years of marriage and wasn't sure what was in his head. Unraveling?
For the life of me I can't understand it. Shanann told him in so many words he could leave. All he had to do was tell her which it seems he wasn't able to. He had support of his sister and mom and dad who I'm sure would have been more than willing to help him. Also had good friends.
Don't laugh but I thought maybe he was so sleep deprived from the thrive products giving him so much energy that his thinking was impaired. He worked a physical job and excercised a lot and lost a lot of weight and slept very little. From what I've read he sleeps a lot in jail. So sorry for Shanann's loved ones

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back