CO - Shannan Watts & Daughters Bella & CeCe Murdered By Chris Watts - *LWOP* #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the gist is, Shanann was a "control freak" + she spent too much time doing the MLM Thrive stuff, it was very demanding of her time and attention.

"Nikki was everything my wife wasn't"
Now, I'm not a NK hater like I know a lot of people are. But based on her interviews, she herself is a rather controlling personality. She was monitoring his weight and food intake. She knew almost everything about his finances. She was trying help him find an apartment. And so on. Had Chris left SW and settled down with NK he'd probably have grown to hate her, too, in time.

It's so sad. This article takes me back to reading the discovery files years ago. Shanann begged coward Chris for weeks to just tell her what was wrong, and he wouldn't. Shanann struggled to figure it out for herself, and right before her death she told one friend that she knows she has "control issues" and wants to work on it. And she told another friend (Thrive friend) that she really needed to dial it back and spend more time with her family. Despite CW's stonewalling, she intuited why Chris might be dissatisfied with the marriage and was determined to work on herself and please him. :(

Of course, Chris was already cheating by that time. But my point is, all Chris had to do was tell Shanann what he wanted and why he was unhappy, and I think she would've been amenable to change and compromise. Her texts in the discovery are proof of that. But CW was too much of a coward to tell her anything, because if he'd complained, he'd no longer be the perfect husband, the perfect nice guy. It was easier for Chris to say nothing, and kill them all. He's such a broken person.

So the gist is, Shanann was a "control freak" + she spent too much time doing the MLM Thrive stuff, it was very demanding of her time and attention.

"Nikki was everything my wife wasn't"
Now, I'm not a NK hater like I know a lot of people are. But based on her interviews, she herself is a rather controlling personality. She was monitoring his weight and food intake. She knew almost everything about his finances. She was trying help him find an apartment. And so on. Had Chris left SW and settled down with NK he'd probably have grown to hate her, too, in time.

It's so sad. This article takes me back to reading the discovery files years ago. Shanann begged coward Chris for weeks to just tell her what was wrong, and he wouldn't. Shanann struggled to figure it out for herself, and right before her death she told one friend that she knows she has "control issues" and wants to work on it. And she told another friend (Thrive friend) that she really needed to dial it back and spend more time with her family. Despite CW's stonewalling, she intuited why Chris might be dissatisfied with the marriage and was determined to work on herself and please him. :(

Of course, Chris was already cheating by that time. But my point is, all Chris had to do was tell Shanann what he wanted and why he was unhappy, and I think she would've been amenable to change and compromise. Her texts in the discovery are proof of that. But CW was too much of a coward to tell her anything, because if he'd complained, he'd no longer be the perfect husband, the perfect nice guy. It was easier for Chris to say nothing, and kill them all. He's such a broken person.
So the gist was, more accurately, that HE SAID that. The gist wasn't that that was a fact. Earlier, before his family had a chance to tell him what he thought, he told the FBI/CBI that Shahann never belittled him, and that he himself joined in her videos to help sell in her home business. Also, his co-worker Brown told CBI that Chris Watts constantly tried to sell Thrive to him, while both were on the job. Ie being paid by Anadarko, Watts was pushing a sales product. On company time. Brown finally had to tell Watts to knock it off, that he wasn't interested in Chris Watts' product sales.

Those who have followed the case and followed Watts' evolving stories have seen him blame many people for his grotesque decisions.

There is no evidence that Shanann was overbearing, a control freak. In all of Watts published interviews, body cams, letters to Cadle, he never said anything like that about Shanann.

And where is the evidence that she spent "much time doing the MLM Thrive stuff, it was very demanding of her time and attention"?

I don't think it's fair or accurate to call a home business "the Thrive stuff". Of course her occupation was demanding, like millions of parents, they provided child care so both parents could work. Did we ever see Chris taking the children to work, back before he killed them and stuffed their bodies in crude oil tanks?

And, I have a problem with the characterization of her friend or friends as being "thrive" friends. We all make friends with people we work with, what is wrong with that? Are those by definition a lesser type of friend? Shanann made and kept friends her whole life. What friends did her husband, the confessed baby murderer, make? Prison friends he exchanged lube and underwear with?

Sorry, I get the feeling that your post implies that if only Shanann had seen the light regarding her own deficiences earlier, Chris wouldn't have been driven into the arms of a mistress, and none of this would have happened.

Last edited:
Even if any of the control stuff was true, that’s why you can get a divorce.

And that won’t EVER excuse what he did to his children.

He is unable or unwilling to just admit that this was all his fault. He had options. Murder shouldn’t have been one.

Geez, I’m just angry all over again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back