Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #81 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge says there are three things that goes against the defense argument. He says: 1. This is a probable cause hearing 2. A body is not required for homicide charges. 3. A body is not needed as long is there is other evidence to prove something happened.

He says there has to be a reasonable belief that the defendant “may” have committed this crime. Judge says he draws all reasonable inference in favor of prosecution.

Judge says he believes there is probable cause #BarryMorphew may have committed murder and tampering with a deceased human body. He says there are two motivations: an affair and that she wanted a divorce.
https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV/status/1438970886938312709?s=20
Judge must believe BM had direct knowledge of the affair before killing her? Anyone?
JMO

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
6m

The judge says it is unlikely #SuzanneMorphew went on a bike ride the morning of May 10th. He says several of her items were not with her and some of her items were in the fire and it’s likely she would’ve taken those with her if she left. #BarryMorphew
@KKTV11News

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
6m

Finally- judge says #SuzanneMorphew is a loving and devoted mother and says she will hold out in an unhappy marriage until her youngest is out. He says it makes little sense she would leave her children’s lives and cause deep pain.
@KKTV11News

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
5m

Judge says #SuzanneMorphew used her phone frequently and her non use of the phone shows when she may have died.
@KKTV11News
#BarryMorphew

Oh my goodness! I feel like I've been holding my breath & can finally breathe! I feel so emotional, anyone else???

It's officially wine:30 @ my house. Chardonnay for Suzanne. Justice for Suzanne.

Is it ok to say that every time I saw Attny Sean Connelly's name tweeted that I imagined Sean Connery sitting there? Lisp and all?

Last edited:
swee
@LaurenScharfTV

The judge said he can find probable cause if there is not a body found like this case. There is a reasonable belief if the defendant MAY have committed the crime. Judge Patrick Murphy said he does see probable cause for First-degree murder & tampering with a deceased human body.

4:57 PM · Sep 17, 2021·

SOOOOO THANKFUL !!! SWEET JESUS YES !!! #justice4suzanne
I think he is mostly speaking to her girls.
good point @Gardenista

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
3m

Court believes there is significant relevance of #SuzanneMorphew fear of #BarryMorphew.
@KKTV11News

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
3m

#BarryMorphew is looking up at the judge during all of this. Hard to see more of his demeanor with his mask on.
@KKTV11News
#SuzanneMorphew

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
2m

Judge says it is relevant about #SuzanneMorphew fear for the prosecutions case. He says it was clear because she possibly thought about a restraining order. Judge says this makes it capable that #BarryMorphew could have harmed his wife.
@KKTV11News
https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV/status/1438972747577692160

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
6m

The judge says it is unlikely #SuzanneMorphew went on a bike ride the morning of May 10th. He says several of her items were not with her and some of her items were in the fire and it’s likely she would’ve taken those with her if she left. #BarryMorphew
@KKTV11News

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
6m

Finally- judge says #SuzanneMorphew is a loving and devoted mother and says she will hold out in an unhappy marriage until her youngest is out. He says it makes little sense she would leave her children’s lives and cause deep pain.
@KKTV11News

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

·
5m

Judge says #SuzanneMorphew used her phone frequently and her non use of the phone shows when she may have died.
@KKTV11News
#BarryMorphew
I feel the judge is speaking directly to the girls, giving them much to think about!

I haven't ever seen a Judge opine in this particular way. Anyone?

https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1438971183962132482

Judge said finding out that #SuzanneMorphew was having an affair gives him motive. Feeling of hurt, anger, jealousy, and desperation. It could lead someone who is typically normal to act differently like harm someone who has harmed him.

No I have never seen anything like it. He seems personally invested, which is understandable but unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude