Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else kinda surprised that they didn't anticipate a problem with the ankle monitor right from the start? Wasn't it mentioned like 8,000 times during the investigation that there was a huge problem with cell phone reception in the area? So they outfit BM with an ankle monitor that has a gps system that relies on cell service? Mkay.

Is anyone else kinda surprised that they didn't anticipate a problem with the ankle monitor right from the start? Wasn't it mentioned like 8,000 times during the investigation that there was a huge problem with cell phone reception in the area? So they outfit BM with an ankle monitor that has a gps system that relies on cell service? Mkay.
I hope Judge Murphy doesn't have to issue a warrant for him because he's a no-show at next week's hearing....Mexico's beaches must look appealing with another snowy winter soon on the way. Has Barry been seen at any tanning spas lately?
JMO

Cell Service Near BM's Home???
@Bluebythec bbm
I recall reading about a major upgrade coming soon.
Maybe this or one like it?

two-childeren-are-using-paper-cups-as-a-telephone-picture-id946040214

Tin Can Phone Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Sorry, j/k.

I’m having trouble understanding what the specific purpose of the ankle monitor is. Is it only to make sure Barry doesn’t run? There are orders of protection involving local residents, but it appears that the unit isn’t tracking Barry’s movements, even if it were working. Is the court relying on the residents to notify them that Barry’s been a bad boy, rather than keep track of him ahead of time? I would understand Barry being under house arrest with an ankle monitor, with specific times/dates/places that he is permitted to leave for-like attorney visits, jobs, doctors etc. I thought the monitor was to keep the public safe while allowing Barry out until trial. The public’s safety does not seem to be in the interests of the Judge here. People like the Ritters know that at this time, Barry can go wherever he wants, and no one would be aware. So what’s the point of an ankle monitor? He cannot be the first defendant in Colorado who lived in an area with a weak signal.

I’m having trouble understanding what the specific purpose of the ankle monitor is. Is it only to make sure Barry doesn’t run? There are orders of protection involving local residents, but it appears that the unit isn’t tracking Barry’s movements, even if it were working. Is the court relying on the residents to notify them that Barry’s been a bad boy, rather than keep track of him ahead of time? I would understand Barry being under house arrest with an ankle monitor, with specific times/dates/places that he is permitted to leave for-like attorney visits, jobs, doctors etc. I thought the monitor was to keep the public safe while allowing Barry out until trial. The public’s safety does not seem to be in the interests of the Judge here. People like the Ritters know that at this time, Barry can go wherever he wants, and no one would be aware. So what’s the point of an ankle monitor? He cannot be the first defendant in Colorado who lived in an area with a weak signal.

I'm not tech savvy at all but doesn't it seem there would be other models that would maybe use wifi or some other technology instead of cell towers?

And to further complicate things @Knox

Barry was asked where the $30,000 from the ******** page for Suzanne went ………… Barry said, "I don't recall where money went……”

Anybody else find it odd that Barry was the one questioned about the ********* account? Not a mention in the AA about Trevor. I had always assumed it was Trevor who started the ********* account and possibly managing the disbursements at least initially, wouldn't Barry have been too traumatized? Oops, silly me. Maybe that was the falling out, we keep hearing over and over about how Barry loves the money. Maybe he pushed to get it going (why not capitalize a tragedy, everybody does it ) after all there's money to be made!!! and perhaps Trevor was tuned off.
Oh wow, YES! Why is it that TN is never mentioned? LE never interviewed him? I find that hard to believe!!

IIRC Trevor did initially set up the gimme fund (probably at the request of Barry, IMO) but the the admin was changed to Barry at one point, then it was changed to one of his family members. I believe it was either older daughter or Mom but I'm not positive.

I haven't watched this in a while :mad:

Funny how so many of us called it way back when ...

Oh wow, YES! Why is it that TN is never mentioned? LE never interviewed him? I find that hard to believe!!

I would believe Knox, that he was interviewed. 100% sure. Just had nothing to add/offer that was incriminating to Uncle Barry. He could have said I was sorely disappointed in my uncle and his lack of cooperation, we all loved Aunt Suzanne. but that wouldn't be enough to make the AA. As it was, it was 130 pages and people are saying a lot of that is extraneous anyways. If Trevor didn't cite a specific example/reason for feeling Barry is possibly guilty I can see where there is no mention of him (Trevor) in the AA.

I posted before...this leads me to curiosity regarding the inclusion of the previous sellers comments making the AA.
Cara and Steve separately said they suspected Barry killed Suzanne after hearing the news of her disappearance based upon multiple observations they made of Barry during and after the sale of the house.

Is there a reason for their comments/opinions being included in the AA? Perhaps something that will be brought up at trial? For example, did this couple over hear Barry threaten Suzanne or be nasty with her something along those lines?

Last edited:
Who Placed Order? (Again)
Does the package belong to girlfriend or BM? If the package belongs to girlfriend, she purposefully used the Puma address.
@Teche
Iirc, AA does not specify addressee's name on package, so I don't think we know as a fact who it "belongs" to. But imo LE can determine who placed order which will help determine any criminal trespass liability.

If addressee's name on package was
SD, it's possible/ likely/probable, that SD placed the order & intentionally listed PP address for delivery.
Tends to show:
--- her action was (likely) a ruse to get on PP, and
--- some potential crim liability for her in trespassing to retrieve it.

BM may have placed order and on that order manually listed his own name as addressee and PP as delivery address by typing it in.(<- devil's advocate)
Tends to show:
--- his action was (likely) a ruse for someone, either him or someone, to get on PP, and
--- some potential crim liability for SD in trespassing to retrieve it.
And possibly prompt judge to modify terms of BM's bond.
my2ct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who Placed Order? (Again)
@Teche
Iirc, AA does not specify addressee's name on package, so I don't think we know as a fact who it "belongs" to. But imo LE can determine who placed order which will help determine any criminal trespass liability.

If addressee's name on package was
ShoD, it's possible/ likely/probable, that ShoD placed the order & intentionally listed PP address for delivery.
Tends to show:
--- her action was (likely) a ruse to get on PP, and
--- some potential crim liability for her in trespassing to retrieve it.

BM may have placed order and on that order manually listed his own name as addressee and PP as delivery address by typing it in.(<- devil's advocate)
Tends to show:
--- his action was (likely) a ruse for someone, either him or someone, to get on PP, and
--- some potential crim liability for ShoD in trespassing to retrieve it.
And possibly prompt judge to modify terms of BM's bond.
my2ct.

Or say FEDX/UPS had delivered to the same person on Puma Path for years...and didn't read the house number just glanced and saw the name.

In the Courts defense, they didn't expect him to move back to Maysville where he already isn't supposed to be.

I would believe Knox, that he was interviewed. 100% sure. Just had nothing to add/offer that was incriminating to Uncle Barry. He could have said I was sorely disappointed in my uncle and his lack of cooperation, we all loved Aunt Suzanne. but that wouldn't be enough to make the AA. As it was, it was 130 pages and people are saying a lot of that is extraneous anyways. If Trevor didn't cite a specific example/reason for feeling Barry is possibly guilty I can see where there is no mention of him (Trevor) in the AA.

I posted before...this leads me to curiosity regarding the inclusion of the previous sellers comments making the AA.
Cara and Steve separately said they suspected Barry killed Suzanne after hearing the news of her disappearance based upon multiple observations they made of Barry during and after the sale of the house.

Is there a reason for their comments/opinions being included in the AA? Perhaps something that will be brought up at trial? For example, did this couple over hear Barry threaten Suzanne or be nasty with her something along those lines?

I'm not sure any of it it extraneous. I've spent the last couple of days going over it again, I'm halfway though. Trying to pause and give every section time to digest. Not only does the information in the AA make a strong case against Barry, but it lays out every lie he told (with footnotes calling back to each one). My current favorite footnote:

#61 "Barry has made at least thirteen assertions by his third interview with the FBI, most of them unsolicited, that he had no idea about the affair and asks Agents to say they believe him. This contradicts other statements made to the FBI and his actions in 2019 to find out who Suzanne is talking with and who she is seeing on her trips."

This AA isn't long because it's full of unnecessary info, it's long because Barry can't shut up.

Again you don’t pay to have information changed or removed from Google maps. Now perhaps he paid someone to handle it but really it isn’t that complicated just time consuming.

O/T but related to google maps ability to secret a home from the public.
How does one go about having their residence blurred on Google Maps? TIA

A potential POI in a TX murder case has his residence blurred on Google maps. It was so unsettling that I drove hundreds of miles to the neighborhood in order to take photos of the home. We wanted to know if there was a way he could easily access the Creek than ran behind the home.

Btw, up thread someone recommended Wild Crime on Hulu. After watching, I can imagine Grusing in full color as this happens:

Barry said, "I shoo--, I shoot chipmunks."
SA Grusing asked, "You shoot chipmunks?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads