Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gross when a father presses a child to call a mother he knows can't answer.

How do you unpack that? Ever?

JMO
All JMO…

You don’t unpack it. You leave it right there and pretend it doesn’t exist.

The girls want to believe Barry is innocent. Once he’s convicted, they may have to believe he was wrongfully convicted. Even if they eventually come to understand that it’s more likely than not that Barry did it, they kind of have to ignore that reality for their own sanity.

He’ll do everything he can to poison them against the Moormans and put a big old roadblock on that avenue of support, if there isn’t one there already. He wants to be the only person they believe and listen to.

If Barry has even the tiniest shred of decency in him (he doesn’t), he’ll be honest with them so they can try to heal. They just might surprise him and continue to stand by him because they love him. That’s not an option for Barry because he doesn’t love with mutual respect and caring. His idea of love is ownership.

There’s no winning outcome for the girls. Their mother, who nurtured them and guided them and loved them unconditionally, is gone. They parent they have left is too wrapped up in his ego to help them.

I am not sure he went to retrieve anything. I do believe he was reaching for a tossed receipt to write a note on. This was Tuesday so day 2…if I recall and before fliers, banners etc.

What's it with this man and trash cans?

So he's at the market and just decides to walk over to a trash can, reach in, and grab a receipt to write his bizarre note on?

Most people would walk inside and ask for a piece of paper.

I believe he realized he looked suspicious and then scribbled that note to alleviate that.

Bike accident: obviously staged
Mountain Lion: one of the first things out of Barry's mouth was stating a mountain lion got her. Not only extremely unlikely but that an expert hunter and tracker would mention as an option does not only insult intelligence but makes him look like setting false narrative.
Suzanne ran away: found at home were her purse, credit cards, cash, driver's license and no record of her alive by use of such. She also had a medical appointment scheduled Monday May 11.
Abduction: no evidence
The staged bike and mountain lion suggestion is so damning of Barry because the staged bike required knowledge of and access to her habits and items found. The mountain lion suggestion by someone who knows better is a major red flag of deception.
I actually do not agree that the mountain lion theory had legs. The Sheriff later said one had been spotted. Her missing her doctor’s appointment only discounts a runaway theory and is not connected to her murder. There is much that would point to her being deceased and some things that would support an abduction theory that would not support a “Barry did it” case. Opportunity is the strongest argument prosecution has right now since they have a relative when and no how anymore really.

I am not sure he went to retrieve anything. I do believe he was reaching for a tossed receipt to write a note on. This was Tuesday so day 2…if I recall and before fliers, banners etc.
So what did he write? He couldn’t describe her at all. And why not make fliers day 1? Why not call all the media in on day 1? If it’s my relative, you better believe I’m screaming on Sunday night for someone to please find them. But, oh yeah, for Barry it was “too soon”.

What's it with this man and trash cans?

So he's at the market and just decides to walk over to a trash can, reach in, and grab a receipt to write his bizarre note on?

Most people would walk inside and ask for a piece of paper.

I believe he realized he looked suspicious and then scribbled that note to alleviate that.
That’s one of the creepiest stories to come out of this, all about Barry and dumpsters. Oh and not being able to describe Suzanne. I’m sure the store sold tablets to write on too. Just sickening.

So what did he write? He couldn’t describe her at all. And why not make fliers day 1? Why not call all the media in on day 1? If it’s my relative, you better believe I’m screaming on Sunday night for someone to please find them. But, oh yeah, for Barry it was “too soon”.
I doubt very few people would have their wits together on day 2. I think that was what TN was attempting to do. I don’t see many of his guy friends thinking about making fliers and sticking them in store windows…they would go out and look for her and they did just that.

So do we think it’s possible Barry damaged the blade while moving a boulder covering a mine shaft? If he was prepping it earlier in the week how did he get the boulder moved back after disposal of the body? Wouldn’t the bobcat be necessary?

@Iwondertoo
I believe the Valentine card was written by Suzanne. I question the year it was written because it looked like part of the card had been removed. It looked to be torn where the fold over would be as in a traditional folded card vs postcard design.
If the card was from an earlier year, that may have been evident within the design of the part that looked to be torn away. Why tear a card at all?

Last edited:
I actually do not agree that the mountain lion theory had legs. The Sheriff later said one had been spotted. Her missing her doctor’s appointment only discounts a runaway theory and is not connected to her murder. There is much that would point to her being deceased and some things that would support an abduction theory that would not support a “Barry did it” case. Opportunity is the strongest argument prosecution has right now since they have a relative when and no how anymore really.
What do you mean by "no how anymore really?"

What's changed?

I doubt very few people would have their wits together on day 2. I think that was what TN was attempting to do. I don’t see many of his guy friends thinking about making fliers and sticking them in store windows…they would go out and look for her and they did just that.
MOO I think anyone would crank out flyers on their home printer. In any case, the girls were in school, they have the absolute skillset to make flyers.

Bad friends if BM was dazed, not getting flyers/media appeal together and they just let him physically search where ever.

He took them in to remove the shoe laces. I mentioned months ago my guys save boot shoelaces also before they toss old boots.
But do your guys take their discarded boots on a trip with them, carry them into their hotel room, just to recycle their laces? I don't see any prudent man/woman going to such an extreme. I trust jurors will recognize just the boot incident as actions of somebody with something to hide.

But do your guys take their discarded boots on a trip with them, carry them into their hotel room, just to recycle their laces? I don't see any prudent man/woman going to such an extreme. I trust jurors will recognize just the boot incident as actions of somebody with something to hide.

Yes, but maybe these were some super special laces that take like 5 minutes to remove.

They make those right?

Just kidding, that excuse is absurd. Like the rest of them.

I too don't believe the mountain lion theory has legs because there is no evidence of it and it would be extremely unlikely.
I included the missed Monday doctor's appointment to counter a runaway theory. Obviously it was not connected to her murder as I believe she was deceased by then.

I too don't believe the mountain lion theory has legs because there is no evidence of it and it would be extremely unlikely.
I included the missed Monday doctor's appointment to counter a runaway theory. Obviously it was not connected to her murder as I believe she was deceased by then.
It's so stupid it infuriates me.

This mountain lion would have to kidnap Suzanne without leaving any sign of an attack.

He'd have to carry her a considerable distance.

He'd have to have opposable thumbs in order to toss the bike.

He'd then have to remove and transport her helmet to another location.

Barry knew this, like every human being on earth that understands that only a cartoon lion could do something like this.

That didn't stop him from posing that theory on both day one, and months later.

That alone shows his guilt.

For me the problem with the wild speculation by counsel defence is how do you explain why SM went dark for 12+ hours while BM claims to have been with her.

The only witness to what SM was doing in that time, is the accused.

And obviously he cannot testify, due to all the stupid things he already said.

No amount of poking holes in the case can address that problem.

BM's alibi starts 12 hours too late.

And here is where I think common sense is going to overrule the top dollar, smoke and mirrors of BM's defense. Jurors will value that SM would not walk out on her bff's "Mother of the Bride" moment or the bride that was like a daughter to her. And most important, they will acknowledge that SM would not disable the only lifeline to her only children traveling alone on a road trip during an unpredictible, global pandemic.

ETA to add exclusions:

No evidence of a lion attack and the partial DNA profile has since been neutralized.

Last edited:
I have no idea if he just dumps old boots in our trash or burns them but I guarantee the inside of my H’s truck is as scary as Barry’s.

And here is where I think common sense is going to overrule the top dollar, smoke and mirrors of BM's defense. Jurors will value that SM would not walk out on her bff's "Mother of the Bride" moment or the bride that was like a daughter to her. And most important, they will acknowledge that SM would not disable the only lifeline to her only children traveling alone on a road trip during an unpredictible, global pandemic.
It has zero to do with her going missing under her own steam I think and everything to do with 12 jurors that can agree no one else was possibly involved but Barry. After 2 years I am thinking jurors agree that she would have made contact with her daughters if she were enjoying the beach life in Equador. I personally think the decision is all about either Barry or maybe not Barry. It is huge. One he heads for prison for a long time or he walks never to be tried again for her murder unless they find her someday and he crossed states lines so could be charged federally…which the timeline doesn’t really allow I don’t think.

It's so stupid it infuriates me.

This mountain lion would have to kidnap Suzanne without leaving any sign of an attack.

He'd have to carry her a considerable distance.

He'd have to have opposable thumbs in order to toss the bike.

He'd then have to remove and transport her helmet to another location.

Barry knew this, like every human being on earth that understands that only a cartoon lion could do something like this.

That didn't stop him from posing that theory on both day one, and months later.

That alone shows his guilt.

BM's one-track mind.

Corroborating his own proclamation that hunting and earthmoving (work) are his lifelong priorities.

Lion covers the hunter, and to cover the latter, BM throws suspicion at every individual that's ever worked for him.

Don't believe it. The dude's got shat on his boots and blood on his hands.

MOO

Look where? Colorado is huge. Oh yeah, I believe he and his friend with 400 tours covered 200 square miles. Barry and his daughters could easily have made a flier. But on day one, not day two. It was just too soon to be troubled with really searching.

All JMO…

You don’t unpack it. You leave it right there and pretend it doesn’t exist.

The girls want to believe Barry is innocent. Once he’s convicted, they may have to believe he was wrongfully convicted. Even if they eventually come to understand that it’s more likely than not that Barry did it, they kind of have to ignore that reality for their own sanity.

He’ll do everything he can to poison them against the Moormans and put a big old roadblock on that avenue of support, if there isn’t one there already. He wants to be the only person they believe and listen to.

If Barry has even the tiniest shred of decency in him (he doesn’t), he’ll be honest with them so they can try to heal. They just might surprise him and continue to stand by him because they love him. That’s not an option for Barry because he doesn’t love with mutual respect and caring. His idea of love is ownership.

There’s no winning outcome for the girls. Their mother, who nurtured them and guided them and loved them unconditionally, is gone. They parent they have left is too wrapped up in his ego to help them.
I just don’t see how MM1 and MM2 can crawl out from the hole that Barry has dug for them. He has completely manipulated them and his lawyers aren’t helping the situation. This isn’t just about Barry getting LWOP. This is also about them living a life of hell because of him. And does he care enough to stand and tell the truth about what he did to their mother? Nope. It’s all about him so can be free to hunt animals and cute girls in Salida, or wherever. After all, he has said men just want sex from women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper