DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold Up a Just a Sec.
@marylamby Interesting post.
Everyone thought?
While many (most?) on WS may believe BM killed SM, and
many ppl in gen. may believe BM is guilty, personally imo saying "everybody thought" is a s-t-r-e-t-c-h. I could be wrong.

While many (most?) sleuthers here who believe BM killed SM, do all of them also think he will be convicted of M-1, guilty BARD? My guess, no. A significant portion of ^ group may think so, but imo no, not all. I could be wrong.

Open and shut?
This no-body case is an open and shut case???

Not trying to challenge/change anyone's opinions about BM or the evd to date.
Just saying, very respectfully, I doubt everyone here is in mental lockstep w ^ post assessment of the crim case. my2ct, I could be wrong.
This is why it is imperative that they seat a smart, perceptive, intelligent jury. We need folks who will follow the circumstantial evidence and will not be led astray by the smoke and mirrors of the defense team. We can not have a jury infected with CSI syndrome. A jury that needs definitive dna, a smoking gun, and a sixty minute solve. We need a jury that is attentive and able to follow the evidence. We need a prosecutor who can present this case in a clear and concise manner.
We have had nearly 2 years to pore over evidence, timelines, alibis, digital forensics and so on. There is a lot to sift through. Many of us are not yet convinced. The jury will have about a month with this same evidence. If the prosecution can not tie it all up in a neat package, BM may not be convicted of M1.

Only after prompting from Keith Morrison did she agree that Barry was frantic. IMO
sbm
It was notable to me that Keith Morrison was the one who said “frantic” and BM’s sister merely repeated him. I wish Keith had let her characterize BM’s reaction without his input.
@mom2chloe @Diddian Thanks for posting this, which I also noticed.

Keith M. is not the only offender stuffing words:(:mad: into interviewees' mouths to exaggerate, sensationalize. Quite common on network true crime shows. my2ct

Last edited:
Exactly. As his sister said, he was absolutely frantic. :p:confused:
Yes indeed, he was “frantic.” :rolleyes: Couldn’t wait to arrive on the scene and tell LE what happened, you know, the cat got her. o_O I’ve been wondering if this is the same sister that claimed it was her bracelet in Bare’s truck back in Indiana when Suzanne accused him of having an affair.

This is why it is imperative that they seat a smart, perceptive, intelligent jury. We need folks who will follow the circumstantial evidence and will not be led astray by the smoke and mirrors of the defense team. We can not have a jury infected with CSI syndrome. A jury that needs definitive dna, a smoking gun, and a sixty minute solve. We need a jury that is attentive and able to follow the evidence. We need a prosecutor who can present this case in a clear and concise manner.
We have had nearly 2 years to pore over evidence, timelines, alibis, digital forensics and so on. There is a lot to sift through. Many of us are not yet convinced. The jury will have about a month with this same evidence. If the prosecution can not tie it all up in a neat package, BM may not be convicted of M1.
I agree and I have faith that the majority of people especially this jury have brains and can think for themselves. The general public are not idiots and I hate that the public is discounted. Never underestimate a group of people especially with what we have all endured the last two years. We are strong and we are capable. I choose to believe they’ve got this. IMO

@OldCop bbm Thanks for your response and for finding the song.
Somehow my mind transmogrified Still into Heat :confused:, but as you said, the Still lyrics are apropos for BM.

Sorry to disappoint. My apologies for spinning the wrong record.
No need to apologize, @al66pine. I always enjoy a trip down memory lane. I remember swaying to the slow songs at the Friday night dances and the priests would move through the dance floor nudging us apart and telling us to make room for the Holy Ghost. Those were the days.

After reading the AA many times, I remember that BM would complain to Grusing many times about things involving his statements to CBI. It seemed like BM was being defensive whenever Grusing would tell him that his statements weren’t matching up to what he told CBI in the beginning. BM would say “ well, I wasn’t lying,, I just forgot that I went to DSI for the blade change” etc.

In light of today’s release of documents with Cahill’s statements, I went back to the AA to look at the statements BM made about “ Joe and Derek” ( Cahill and Graham).
BM apparently trusted them at one point and was on a first name basis with them.

I’m just wondering about BM saying “ after what they did to me” and claiming that anything he told CBI would get out in the public.

Could just be BM being paranoid ( and guilty ).

l don’t know what to think about Cahill.

Which is what the Defense wants us to wonder, I guess.
Just seems kinda bizarre with the Prosecution saying the Cahill was upset that he couldn’t be there for the arrest.

BM obviously has a problem with him.
JMO

Pages 63 , 66, 67 and 69
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf

Attachments

• 8EE8148B-2623-4680-944A-BEA7E8D04847.jpeg
    8EE8148B-2623-4680-944A-BEA7E8D04847.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 36
  • C4868583-5311-42A0-9E3A-D41EBCAFD53B.jpeg
    C4868583-5311-42A0-9E3A-D41EBCAFD53B.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 7BBE4B3D-CD15-4AFC-9F96-33C9A219FCF9.jpeg
    7BBE4B3D-CD15-4AFC-9F96-33C9A219FCF9.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 39
  • C13DC43B-AAB8-491B-A1FF-515E71474585.jpeg
    C13DC43B-AAB8-491B-A1FF-515E71474585.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 782AFE2D-F514-4EB8-B479-B155C3F9EB39.jpeg
    782AFE2D-F514-4EB8-B479-B155C3F9EB39.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 33
After reading the AA many times, I remember that BM would complain to Grusing many times about things involving his statements to CBI. It seemed like BM was being defensive whenever Grusing would tell him that his statements weren’t matching up to what he told CBI in the beginning. BM would say “ well, I wasn’t lying,, I just forgot that I went to DSI for the blade change” etc.

In light of today’s release of documents with Cahill’s statements, I went back to the AA to look at the statements BM made about “ Joe and Derek” ( Cahill and Graham).
BM apparently trusted them at one point and was on a first name basis with them.

I’m just wondering about BM saying “ after what they did to me” and claiming that anything he told CBI would get out in the public.

Just seems kinda bizarre with the Prosecution saying the Cahill was upset that he couldn’t be there for the arrest.

JMO

Pages 63 , 66, 67 and 69
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf
Imo it would have been nice if they kept Cahill on board. Seems to me especially after the fact that Barry would have confided in him as fellow good old boys sometimes do and we may have learned much more and more importantly it could have led LE and us to Suzanne’s remains. Again IMO

sbm

@mom2chloe @Diddian Thanks for posting this, which I also noticed.

Keith M. is not the only offender stuffing words:(:mad: into interviewees' mouths to exaggerate, sensationalize. Quite common on network true crime shows. my2ct
Agree. A lot is for sensationalistic value. I look past it and gather what I can. Usually Dateline has better episodes but there was way too much to cover in less than an hour.

Mystery Object. Hammer or ?
Someone posted People's Exhibit pic 33, BM in short sleeved shirt at 9:06, at HIE elevator, said BM appears to carry hammer (Sorry, forgot who posted).
Agree, could be metal part of hammer.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_31.png
Another poster said, resembles spray bottle trigger/nozzle top. Agree, could be.

Pic 32 shows BM in long sleeved shirt/jacket at 07:46.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_30.png

Does pic 32 show same hammer/object from other angle?
It's on BM's right sleeve, almost at wrist, shaped like a flattened Nike swoosh or a 5" boomerang (No, o_Onot drinking, not hallucinating, just don't know how to describe:D). Seems to be 'reflecting' like earlier poster said about item in pic 33.

Q: If it is same object - hammer or __ - why carry into hotel room on 2 trips an hour+ apart? Anyone? TiA.

Last edited:
Imo it would have been nice if they kept Cahill on board. Seems to me especially after the fact that Barry would have confided in him as fellow good old boys sometimes do and we may have learned much more and more importantly it could have led LE and us to Suzanne’s remains. Again IMO
I don’t think Cahill was removed from the case until after the Preliminary hearing in August 2021.

From following the arrest affidavit and the dates of the interviews it looks like the FBI took over in the role of ‘ auditing’ BM’s statements and interviews at some point. I don’t know exactly how it works. But it appears that BM no longer trusted Cahill and CBI in any case.

BM then put his trust in the FBI that they would ‘ clear “ him and grant him immunity as evidenced by his statement in the back of the patrol car “ but I trusted you”.

It never ceases to amaze me that he just kept talking without asking for a lawyer.
JMO

Someone posted People's Exhibit pic 33, BM in short sleeved shirt at 9:06, at HIE elevator, said BM appears to carry hammer (Sorry, forgot who posted).
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_31.png
Another poster said, resembles spray bottle trigger/nozzle top. Agree, could be.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_30.png

It's on BM's right sleeve, almost at wrist, shaped like a flattened Nike swoosh or a 5" boomerang (No, o_Onot drinking, not hallucinating, just don't know how to describe:D). Seems to be 'reflecting' like earlier poster said about item in pic 33.

Q: If it is same object - hammer or __ - why carry into hotel room on 2 trips an hour+ apart? Anyone? TiA.

The second pic it’s too hard for me to determine if it’s the same object with the lighting. But dang his face looks creepy.

I thought I was the only one who says I swear I’m not hallucinating. :p

As for why he would carry the same object 2 hours apart, well…. He did a lot of weird maneuvering that day,
JMO

JMO

Pages 63 , 66, 67 and 69
I think this was a "good cop, bad cop thing."

It seems like Cahill and Graham may have been more direct with Barry, and came out and accused him of things. I'm not positive, but I think the interviews of Barry during the first few months were conducted by them, and then it was all FBI after that.

Grusing was way more measured, and Barry ultimately believed he was his friend, hence the expression of betrayal when he was arrested.

Last edited:
IMO and exerience the state is always quick to disclose incriminating data and evidence in a criminal cases. First, they want the defendant to see how strong their case is. Second, they do not want to risk discovery violations that could lead to the strong evidence being excluded by the court.

In this case, apparently the victim's icloud and RR date were still not disclosed with less that 3 months to trial, 6 months after the prelim and 18 months after the alleged crime. If there was incriminating info in there the state has placed that evidence in jeopardy of being excluded by not disclosing it in a timely manner....IMO.

Thus, I would be surprised if there was any incriminating info in this data...IMO.

BIB

I agree that they do not form part of the case against BM

I suspect they may be bad for the defence theory about the abductor - e.g if the RR has no data for saturday and sunday morning.

My view all along has been that the defence is engaged in a fishing expedition.

One suspects they know the DNA thing is weak sauce, so their main play is that law enforcement sought to fit Barry up.

As I have said before, I think this stuff plays better in pre-trial motions where you can endlessly examine law enforcement for hours and demand discovery of non-existent documents but it doesn't feel like it will help much at trial.

Such questions as to timing and when and who he told his opinion do not go to probable cause, but rather are a discovery fishing expedition.

Not sure of other posters' work environments but I work in legal RE field and there are just so many incompetent employees in related fields like title, surveying, etc., it seems to me part of the problem is the fallout from the pandemic.

I mean anyone who has had any interactions with hospitals in the pandemic knows what a huge impact it has had. Not due to incompetence, but just how much more difficult everything is, and how much longer things take

Hey @al66pine - I was the one that posted what you have identified as exhibit pic 33 and questioned the possibility of a ball peen hammer sticking out of the bag. Thanks for bringing this up.

Another poster mentioned the spray bottle. I’m leaning more towards it being the top of a spray bottle instead of a hammer as I had thought. IMO, a spray bottle could mean it’s a cleaning agent bottle we might be looking at.

IMO, either item (hammer or cleaner spray bottle) are suspicious for BM to be carrying into a hotel room in the timeframe his wife disappears. o_O

As for exhibit pic 32, I think what you are pointing out as another angle of the white hammer head, is possibly a reflective stripe from the jacket he is carrying. You see this reflective white stripe better in exhibit pic 33, just under the boots he’s carrying. Even if it isn’t a white stripe, I think whatever it is, are the same item in both pics.

Lastly, in pic 32, I couldn’t help but notice the backpack BM has on. It is stuffed and looks heavy! I mean, IMO, it is packed and bulked out. Gotta wonder what was in it, aside from all the additional items he was carrying in his hands. I guess it could have been the many outfits he changed into that morning. :confused:

MOO IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member