Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think they blame their mother but I think knowing about the affair perhaps and it is speculative made them feel sorry for their dad enough for them to stick by his side. Just a possibility.

They feel sorry for him because he is deceptive & projects what they want to hear,what they need to think IMO.
The saddest-sad is that he loves himself more than them.

MOO

I think the DA and investigators sat together and came up with everything they could charge him with. Judge told them to pull those that charge together because defense issued a motion to drop the charge so perhaps we will find out next week.
The DA and investigators came up with all the EVIDENCE they could charge him with.

I don't think we ever got any details about this alleged FBI agent; it's weird. I tend to think he's made up, as if Barry used Go Fund Me money to pay for that lot (as definitely appears to be the case), then you'd think he'd be way too cheap to hire someone. He'd also have used this as an excuse to explain where that money went.

If he exists, you'd expect him to have been interviewed.

If he doesn't exist, then that's just another huge lie to add to the pile. I'd love some clarity.
from the AA. PG 57

Barry told Holly that he had an ex-FBI guy working for him and sometimes saying he had a P.I. (private investigator) working for him who charged him over $50,000. (56)Once Barry told Holly and Jeff that he may have found where someone was holding Suzanne and asked Jeff to come to Colorado to "cut the guy's balls off."
(Footnote 56) Barry would not specify if these people were the same.

So is there an algorithm for lying, to get to the proper count? . Is this 4 or 5 lies?
1. ) no EX-FBI 2.)no PI 3.) No $50 K paid 4.) no real holding place for Suzanne. 5.) Barry really has no suspect in mind, are 4 and 5 one lie?

Or is this just one big lie, or a one paragraph lie, Or 5 maybe more ??

Thanks for this reminder. This charge has always puzzled me though. Don't most criminals attempt to deceive LE in order to avoid punishment?
100% with you @JosieMae. Has confused me also.

<modsnip: referenced post removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
They feel sorry for him because he is deceptive & projects what they want to hear,what they need to think IMO.
The saddest-sad is that he loves himself more than them.

MOO
I don’t know any of them personally but was just sharing my thoughts and opinions after reading the texts and her comments about her daughters. As they grow older and get involved in long term relationships I suspect they will understand what their mother wanted for this phase of her life if they don’t understand now.

I do not think they blame their mother but I think knowing about the affair perhaps and it is speculative made them feel sorry for their dad enough for them to stick by his side. Just a possibility.
I guess I just don’t understand feeling “sorry” for murderers, especially the ones that claim to be “holier than thou” and can lie through their teeth 3-30 hours, or is that 40 hours now? Not to mention the additional hours of lying to his daughters, his family, Suzanne’s family and their friends. Nope. I just don’t understand sticking by him and feeling sorry for him. They don’t seem to feel sorry for their mother, laying in an undisclosed location, abandoned, not even being afforded a proper burial. :(. I utterly despise him for not owning up to what he did while pretending he’s such a virtuous man. I guess that’s why I cannot understand all the wide smiles entering court.

The DA and investigators came up with all the EVIDENCE they could charge him with.
Yes my original thought last May was they weren’t sure some things would stick so wanted to get him at minimum on one or more of the other charges they figured they could prove or room for a plea. The whole case has been peculiarly interesting since the beginning. From the lucky circumstances of the TV show there for the arrest and a You Tuber who had a lot of theories on hand for the arrest to an incredibly long arrest warrant filled with all sorts of things that would not be able to be used at trial to running through several prosecuting attorneys to a lead investigator that accidentally discharged his gun and ends up with a Brady letter…phew it has been a roller coaster ride.

Ha! He was smart enough to change his stance with Holly (page 57).

Barry told Holly that he had an ex-FBI guy working for him and sometimes saying he had a P.I. (private investigator) working for him who charged him over $50,000.56 Once Barry told Holly and Jeff that he may have found where someone was holding Suzanne and asked Jeff to come to Colorado to "cut the guy's balls off."

I assume that Barry told investigators about this location that he amazingly discovered.

JK.
I'm going to try to keep a straight face here but do you think it's possible that Barry was lying about the PI as he'd always had the hots for Holly - wanted her to think he was an innocent victim?
Copping feels off A MARRIED WOMAN - whose husband's head is turned TWICE, no less - doesn't sound like a religious man who takes marital vows and religion seriously, even though he conveyed how Suzanne would "approve" whatever happened between them?
Is it just me or does Barry seem more like a 15 year old boy looking for his next sexual encounter 24/7?
Maybe that's why he was on the MONKEY APP and the site where he accessed "My first hand job", written by a 13 or 14 yo?
Creepy doesn't begin to cover it but it seems like anyone will do. Not finding it amusing any longer as this became a natural progression of thought I hadn't intended before responding.
I think there's much more than meets the eye or the imagination with this predator.

Attempt to Influence Public Officials?
Thanks for this reminder. This charge has always puzzled me though. Don't most criminals attempt to deceive LE in order to avoid punishment?
@JosieMae Agree w you: before or after arrest, ppl often lie to LEOs to try to avoid punishment. But briefly, this CO law* addresses more than lying to LEOs.

Not so briefly.
In addition to attempts to influence LEOs, this statute was drafted to apply to attempts to influencing other public servants too, besides LEOs. Encompasses public officials w no power to arrest, so no threat/risk of immediate arrest.

The actions may be lying, threatening violence or economic reprisal against the public servant.

E.g., property owner applying for bldg permit, zoning variance, or liquor license, etc may attempt to get more favorable/faster permission from decision-making officials, by lying or making threats.

I wonder what BM said or did to prompt this charge. I'm waiting, but not patiently. :Dmy2ct.

{Adding @Murphy1950 :)who commented about earlier post by @justtrish}
^ 2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 3 - :: Bribery and Corrupt Influences :: § 18-8-306. Attempt to influence a public servant

BTW, another CO. statute covers bribery of public servants. $$$.
2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 3 - :: Bribery and Corrupt Influences :: § 18-8-302. Bribery

Last edited:
I'm going to try to keep a straight face here but do you think it's possible that Barry was lying about the PI as he'd always had the hots for Holly - wanted her to think he was an innocent victim?
Copping feels off A MARRIED WOMAN - whose husband's head is turned TWICE, no less - doesn't sound like a religious man who takes marital vows and religion seriously, even though he conveyed how Suzanne would "approve" whatever happened between them?
Is it just me or does Barry seem more like a 15 year old boy looking for his next sexual encounter 24/7?
Maybe that's why he was on the MONKEY APP and the site where he accessed "My first hand job", written by a 13 or 14 yo?
Creepy doesn't begin to cover it but it seems like anyone will do. Not finding it amusing any longer as this became a natural progression of thought I hadn't intended before responding.
I think there's much more than meets the eye or the imagination with this predator.
Barry suffers from “arrested development!” Well, maybe he’s just missing the development part now because he did finally get the “arrested” part right! :p:D

What's amazing is that in all of these cases, the fact that the accused is a horrible person is not in dispute.

People may disagree on if a particular person is a killer, but in this case specifically, Barry being a sleezeball and pathological liar is not in dispute.

Groping and kissing a married woman, while saying "you are Suzanne to me."

Discussing his daughter's virginity in front of dinner guests.

His pursuit of that massage therapist.

Countless documented lies about anything and everything.

He's a creepy, horrible person.

He's also a killer.

What's amazing is that in all of these cases, the fact that the accused is a horrible person is not in dispute.

People may disagree on if a particular person is a killer, but in this case specifically, Barry being a sleezeball and pathological liar is not in dispute.

Groping and kissing a married woman, while saying "you are Suzanne to me."

Discussing his daughter's virginity in front of dinner guests.

Countless documented lies about anything and everything.

He's a creepy, horrible person.

He's also a killer.
Yes he is. "You are Suzanne to me" must've made Holly want to vomit. I know it effected me that way.
While I know there are major differences between what's allowed in preliminary hearings and the actual trial, the defense pointed out Suzanne's - I guess they would call it penchant to lie just because she hadn't disclosed her infrequent liaisons with JL.
Hell, I think they flat-out called her a liar, ergo nothing she ever said was the truth.
Seems incredibly unfair if his character isn't allowed to be explored and exposed.

Thanks for this reminder.

This charge has always puzzled me though. Don't most criminals attempt to deceive LE in order to avoid punishment?

The more I think about this... it' maybe because this is above and beyond just plain lying, denying involvement, creating a false alibi, etc. If it happened how they believe it did, he pre-staged a fake wreck, had a neighbor report a missing person, showed up to that bike scene continued to play along with an active investigation as if he had no idea what was going on, when he in fact staged the scene, threw away evidence of that actual crime, drove far away to remove himself and that all adds up to me to be way more than LE finding a suspect and questioning him and him denying he did anything wrong. This was a clear attempt to create a false crime to cover up for the one he actually committed.

Attempt to Influence Public Officials?
@JosieMae Agree w you: before or after arrest, ppl often lie to LEOs to try to avoid punishment. But briefly, this CO law* addresses more than lying to LEOs.

Not so briefly.
In addition to attempts to influence LEOs, this statute was drafted to apply to attempts to influencing other public servants too, besides LEOs. Encompasses public officials w no power to arrest, so no threat/risk of immediate arrest.

The actions may be lying, threatening violence or economic reprisal against the public servant.

E.g., property owner applying for bldg permit, zoning variance, or liquor license, etc may attempt to get more favorable/faster permission from decision-making officials, by lying or making threats.

I wonder what BM said or did to prompt this charge. I'm waiting, but not patiently. :Dmy2ct.

{Adding @Murphy1950 :)who commented about earlier post by @justtrish}

Whooooa.. so my wheels just went turning again. o_O This "job" he had in Broomfield.. were those permits secured before he arrived there? Was there something there with that job he threatened or tried to back track and get permits after, etc?
______

^ 2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 3 - :: Bribery and Corrupt Influences :: § 18-8-306. Attempt to influence a public servant

BTW, another CO. statute covers bribery of public servants. $$$.
2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 18 - :: Criminal Code :: Article 8 - :: Offenses - Governmental Operations :: Part 3 - :: Bribery and Corrupt Influences :: § 18-8-302. Bribery

Edited because somehow my comment was right in the middle of the quote I was trying to share.. lol Had to fix that.

Whooooa.. so my wheels just went turning again. o_O This "job" he had in Broomfield.. were those permits secured before he arrived there? Was there something there with that job he threatened or tried to back track and get permits after, etc?

Yes my original thought last May was they weren’t sure some things would stick so wanted to get him at minimum on one or more of the other charges they figured they could prove or room for a plea. The whole case has been peculiarly interesting since the beginning. From the lucky circumstances of the TV show there for the arrest and a You Tuber who had a lot of theories on hand for the arrest to an incredibly long arrest warrant filled with all sorts of things that would not be able to be used at trial to running through several prosecuting attorneys to a lead investigator that accidentally discharged his gun and ends up with a Brady letter…phew it has been a roller coaster ride.
The charges were standard. In every no body case we have seen murder, tampering with a body, and tampering with evidence.

The short rifle speaks for itself. Obviously he was getting charged with that.

The influencing charge was the only unusual one, but that's only because Barry misled investigators for the duration. In those other cases the suspects didn't speak to law enforcement, or did so briefly.

Barry spoke and lied for nearly a year.

Rereading the snippets of Suzanne's texts used as prosecution exhibits and I can't imagine the daughters testifying. It would be a huge gamble for the prosecution and I'm guessing defense won't want to put them through a cross examination. Reading those texts that prosecution used in exhibits I think I can understand why the daughters are sticking with their father. The revelation that Suzanne had a 2 year affair probably blew their minds, especially the older who experienced less of the arguing as it probably ramped up after she wasn't living in the house since she wanted things to return to like they were. They aren't needed to substantiate the marriage was collapsing I don't think and they add nothing to the charge that Barry murdered Suzanne on May 9 or 10 since they were far far away. You never know, but right now I don't think they will be called.
They weren't "snippets" they were texts in chronological order.
As far as Suzanne's long distance 'affair', one of his daughters were with him when at Harbor something restaurant when he was ogling the masseuse he'd ogled before and made her very uncomfortable. Do you think they were oblivious? I don't. That was Barry's usual MO, even at the gym.
M2's statements to LE are incredibly detrimental to Barry, along with her boyfriend's. Barry and Suzanne had A PERFECT MARRIAGE, remember? Yet another lie from the man, if presumably innocent, who would have no reason to claim.
M1 did not make such statements. M2 needs to be called, not only for the sake of the trial but for herself so that one day she doesn't hate herself for not speaking up for her mother.
IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members