Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah right. Mister cheapskate BM, who needs to drop his trash in 5 different locations because he doesn’t want to pay to dispose of it (when there’s a dumpster within walking distance of his home no less) is going to pay some ex FBI/PI $50,000 to find Suzanne. :rolleyes: Speaking of dumpsters, I have a hard time believing SM was at the dumpster going for a walk with him when they met up with the woman cleaning the Air BnB’s in the neighbourhood. More and more I think she came across Sho and Bare. Wasn’t Sho the cleaning lady for the couple that own the residence BM is residing in now?
I don't think we ever got any details about this alleged FBI agent; it's weird. I tend to think he's made up, as if Barry used Go Fund Me money to pay for that lot (as definitely appears to be the case), then you'd think he'd be way too cheap to hire someone. He'd also have used this as an excuse to explain where that money went.

If he exists, you'd expect him to have been interviewed.

If he doesn't exist, then that's just another huge lie to add to the pile. I'd love some clarity.

Rereading the snippets of Suzanne's texts used as prosecution exhibits and I can't imagine the daughters testifying. It would be a huge gamble for the prosecution and I'm guessing defense won't want to put them through a cross examination. Reading those texts that prosecution used in exhibits I think I can understand why the daughters are sticking with their father.
RSABBM
I’m not sure I get your drift. Since when is an unhappy parent having an affair an excuse for murder? Despite all BM put SM through, at no time did she want to murder him. She just wanted a divorce and a fair settlement of assets not to mention some needed peace.

Attachments

• 5985E8C3-6C5E-4883-824F-D2D7133DA660.png
    5985E8C3-6C5E-4883-824F-D2D7133DA660.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 6
RSABBM
I’m not sure I get your drift. Since when is an unhappy parent having an affair an excuse for murder? Despite all BM put SM through, at no time did she want to murder him. She just wanted a divorce and a fair settlement of assets not to mention some needed peace.
Did you mean someone else’s post? Not sure I understand why you quoted my post about the daughters potentially testifying at the trial or standing by their dad.

Grusing is a profiler, and he had Barry fill out a questionnaire developed by the FBI's behavioral analysis unit.

Barry told SA Grusing that he thought Suzanne was abducted by someone. SA Grusing explained that the last similar violent act that occurred in the Salida area happened in 1980. Barry was informed of the time of day Suzanne was riding, the low-traffic area, her minimal exposure in the community and other low-risk factors and stabilizers in her life. SA Grusing told Barry this looked like an "intimate partner homicide" and Barry did not object.

There's this funny episode of "The Office" when the CEO (Kathy Bates) is trying to figure out who a leaker is. She questions people, knowing that those who recommend the harshest punishment are probably innocent and those who recommend something lenient are guilty:

"When Mamma was working as a prison guard, and something went missing, she'd ask one question. What do we do when we find the guilty party? And if they said come down on them with that swift hammer of justice. Innocent. A clear conscience don't need no mercy. But if they said, Officer Bessy, well they may have had a reason, blah, blah, blah. Well nine times out of ten, that's the anus they check."

Barry does something similar:

SA Grusing asked Barry why he only wrote "Convict" for his response on what should happen to the person responsible for Suzanne's disappearance. He replied, "It should be 'convicted and held responsible.' I mean that's not what I wanted to write but, I mean I, inside me, I feel like I would like to physically harm them if they did this to my wife, that's, but."

Page 24
"IT should be held responsible..."
Are we still taking the mountain lion?

At least he wrote 'convict'. Don Wells said he wouldn't wish prison on anybody. o_O

@sk716 Thank you. I'm flattered, and this recording would be a good addition to the Morphew soundtrack. But Radio Station WS operates only intermittently now. The current DJ/announcer (--> me <--) can't seem to correctly fulfill listeners' music requests. :mad:;)

Maybe another member would assemble this case's soundtrack? Anyone? TiA.
Sorry, I'm too busy looking after the zoo. :D

Did you mean someone else’s post? Not sure I understand why you quoted my post about the daughters potentially testifying at the trial or standing by their dad.
My apologies if I wasn’t clear. I don’t understand the daughters “sticking” with their dad merely because SM was found to have had an affair. That was the point. Granted, there may be some cognitive dissonance at play and they just don’t see what we see - that their father is guilty as sin. However, if they’re willing to read those texts and blame their mother for what happened, I don’t understand why they don’t read the AA and discover that their father is a malignant liar and that he murdered their mother, who never harmed a soul.

Dr. Vanino on Witness List?
@Momofthreeboys Thanks for your post w link.*
{ETA. Sorry, behind & trying to catch up, had not read interim posts}
Dr. Sheri Vanino**
Home lists credentials, degrees, qualifications, specialties, issues, etc. re her Denver practice. Website has a tab re "Testimony/Consultation."
Was she to appear as an expert witness? More specifically, re what? Anyone? TiA
"2/25/2022 Order Event ID: 000127 E-Filed: J Ruling: SEE ATTACHED ORDER, Document Title: ORDER RE: [P-42] PEOPLES ENDORSEMENT OF EXPERT WITNESSES; [P-42A] SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE EXPERT WITNESS; [D-62] MOTION TO STRIKE WITNESSES PROFFERED AS EXPERTS; AND [D-62A]
MOTION TO STRIKE PROPOSED WITNESS SHERI VANINO" bbm
** I believe this is a paid ad in mag, Psychology Today.
Dr. Sheri Vanino, PsyD, Psychologist, Denver, CO, 80203 | Psychology Today

Last edited:
Grusing is a profiler, and he had Barry fill out a questionnaire developed by the FBI's behavioral analysis unit.

Barry told SA Grusing that he thought Suzanne was abducted by someone. SA Grusing explained that the last similar violent act that occurred in the Salida area happened in 1980. Barry was informed of the time of day Suzanne was riding, the low-traffic area, her minimal exposure in the community and other low-risk factors and stabilizers in her life. SA Grusing told Barry this looked like an "intimate partner homicide" and Barry did not object.

There's this funny episode of "The Office" when the CEO (Kathy Bates) is trying to figure out who a leaker is. She questions people, knowing that those who recommend the harshest punishment are probably innocent and those who recommend something lenient are guilty:

"When Mamma was working as a prison guard, and something went missing, she'd ask one question. What do we do when we find the guilty party? And if they said come down on them with that swift hammer of justice. Innocent. A clear conscience don't need no mercy. But if they said, Officer Bessy, well they may have had a reason, blah, blah, blah. Well nine times out of ten, that's the anus they check."

Barry does something similar:

SA Grusing asked Barry why he only wrote "Convict" for his response on what should happen to the person responsible for Suzanne's disappearance. He replied, "It should be 'convicted and held responsible.' I mean that's not what I wanted to write but, I mean I, inside me, I feel like I would like to physically harm them if they did this to my wife, that's, but."

Page 24

Yes, and Darlie Routier's response to the question of what should happen to the murderer of her 2 young boys replied that, when found, he should "get help".

My apologies if I wasn’t clear. I don’t understand the daughters “sticking” with their dad merely because SM was found to have had an affair. That was the point. Granted, there may be some cognitive dissonance at play and they just don’t see what we see - that their father is guilty as sin. However, if they’re willing to read those texts and blame their mother for what happened, I don’t understand why they don’t read the AA and discover that their father is a malignant liar and that he murdered their mother, who never harmed a soul.
I do not think they blame their mother but I think knowing about the affair perhaps and it is speculative made them feel sorry for their dad enough for them to stick by his side. Just a possibility.

I don't think we ever got any details about this alleged FBI agent; it's weird. I tend to think he's made up, as if Barry used Go Fund Me money to pay for that lot (as definitely appears to be the case), then you'd think he'd be way too cheap to hire someone. He'd also have used this as an excuse to explain where that money went.

If he exists, you'd expect him to have been interviewed.

If he doesn't exist, then that's just another huge lie to add to the pile. I'd love some clarity.
If there was one it seems like that person could be a defense witness.

Found this regarding "attempting to influence a public servant"

Attempting to Influence a Public Servant 18-8-306 | Denver Crime Lawyer

"The key then is your intent in trying to deceive a police officer in an attempt to alter what that public servant would have ordinarily done if he or she had the true information at hand."

I'd say Barry did this plenty. Starting with claiming their marriage was perfect. I'd say that counts as attempting to influence.

Thanks for this reminder.

This charge has always puzzled me though. Don't most criminals attempt to deceive LE in order to avoid punishment?

Thanks for this reminder.

This charge has always puzzled me though. Don't most criminals attempt to deceive LE in order to avoid punishment?
I think the DA and investigators sat together and came up with everything they could charge him with. Judge told them to pull those that charge together because defense issued a motion to drop the charge so perhaps we will find out next week.

@Kemug, do we have a snake in our zoo? A really nasty snake? One that is capable of devouring a beautiful woman? A python perhaps. Although extremely dangerous, we need one. Behind metal bars, lined with Kevlar, so he can’t get at our sweet zoo animals. We won’t feed him, but our little creatures can sing to him! :D. So now, for all our music lovers out there, can we find an appropriate tune?? :)
One really nasty snake coming up. I think we need to give him a name - ideas anyone?

Mystery Objects?
@PaulaDC Glad you made me look closer. TYVM.

If BM has ferret on his shoulder, looks like it needs some medical attention.
I hope someone - you or @Kemug - can sent the zoo ambulance asap.
Gosh, we didn't have an ambulance, what an oversight. But don't worry, I dashed out and got one, painted it in a suitable animal print, and now it's on its way. :)

@Kemug, do we have a snake in our zoo? A really nasty snake? One that is capable of devouring a beautiful woman? A python perhaps. Although extremely dangerous, we need one. Behind metal bars, lined with Kevlar, so he can’t get at our sweet zoo animals. We won’t feed him, but our little creatures can sing to him! :D. So now, for all our music lovers out there, can we find an appropriate tune?? :)
All I can think of is that good old schoolyard song "Nya nya n nya nya."

If you slow it down when Mullenax is following Barry into the kitchen, you can see the dust build up where the dark tile meets the wall. I'd guess this was Barry tromping dusty boots through the house multiple times a day.
@sk716 Thx for your post w link.
Just after BM & LEO enter home, ~ 14:30 mark, one of them says: It's a little dusty.
Sorry I don't know who said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member