Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Filling time and rereading parts of the AA. March 10, 2021 Interview pg. 92:

SA Grusing talked about mine shafts and Barry shifted in his chair. The possibility was posed to Barry that she could not be seen in one of those, also considering the staging of the bike and helmet. Barry said, “If that is the case, then why wouldn’t we have as many thousands of Agents as they’ve said has been on this case, why don’t we have thousands of people doing a grid search, looking for any, anything that could be – a dig site, a bury site, a piece of clothing?”

- says the man that would NOT participate in a grid search with Andy and hundreds of volunteers :rolleyes:.

So--watching an episode of Dateline right now and just got chills.
The friend of missing person just said that one of the suspected POI said " I could hide a body where it would never be found"

OMG..... had chills and immediately came here YIKES !!!

Under Colorado law, domestic violence is defined as “an act or threatened act of violence upon a person with whom the actor is or has been involved in an intimate relationship.” Domestic violence can also involve threatened acts upon another person, property, or animal if it is used “method of coercion, control, punishment, intimidation, or revenge directed against a person with whom the actor is or has been involved in an intimate relationship.”

An intimate relationship is “a relationship between spouses, former spouses, past or present unmarried couples, or persons who are both the parents of the same child regardless of whether the persons have been married or have lived together at any time.”

Domestic violence results in mandatory arrest in Colorado. Even if the people involved do not want to press charges, at least one person will be arrested. In situations where two people assaulted each other, they both may face an arrest and charges for domestic violence.

Assault in Colorado involves intentional, knowing, or reckless bodily injury to another person. Bodily injury does not need to be serious to qualify as an assault. Any physical pain, illness or impairment may be considered bodily injury. Spiking a person’s drink with a drug without their consent is also a form of assault.

"Domestic Violence Assault" Laws in Colorado - CRS 18-6-801
Yes, even property..I knew someone who almost got a domestic violence charge for breaking dishes. Even if that sounds insignificant, it can be scary.

So--watching an episode of Dateline right now and just got chills.
The friend of missing person just said that one of the suspected POI said " I could hide a body where it would never be found"

OMG..... had chills and immediately came here YIKES !!!

That's a common boast of murderers as I've seen often during true crime trials on TV. Why would any normal-thinking person make such a claim?!

SA Grusing talked about mine shafts and Barry shifted in his chair. The possibility was posed to Barry that she could not be seen in one of those, also considering the staging of the bike and helmet. Barry said, “If that is the case, then why wouldn’t we have as many thousands of Agents as they’ve said has been on this case, why don’t we have thousands of people doing a grid search, looking for any, anything that could be – a dig site, a bury site, a piece of clothing?”

- says the man that would NOT participate in a grid search with Andy and hundreds of volunteers :rolleyes:.
I would love a sincere talk with Agent Grusing about his interviews with BM. Things he believes but maybe weren’t stated.

Like what did it mean at certain times when Barry shifted in his chair?

How he kept from laughing out loud at the chipmunk and turkey stories?

The changing of Barry’s voice in answering certain questions.

Barry’s body language throughout the process.

The look on Barry’s face when begging to know which Jeff she was having an affair with.

His body language as he kept asking whether they had Suzanne’s phone.

Grusing must hold a lot inside. Now that he has retired, I would love it if he would write a book about the case when the trial is over.

ETA: I hope we get to see those interviews.

I would not have done that search either were I Barry. It was abit of a circus and I had a friend who was in that search that week. He was well intentioned but was vocal about his feelings on top of everything else.

I wonder if Barry might have persuaded the girls that Suzanne voluntarily left (ie is still alive) but staged the bike, the phone gone quiet, etc herself specifically in order to frame/hurt him.

To clarify, I'm not in any way suggesting she did this, but I'm wondering if the girls might believe him if that's what he claims happened. That way he is the persecuted party whom they can support unequivocally, and while they might feel hurt at the idea of their mom "abandoning" them, they don't need, in this scenario, to deal with the grief of her death by whatever means.

Now if we apply to Barry's response < rcbm, supra.> our preferred 'antithesis syntax' , then should we not be ruling out:
  • dig sites?
  • bury (sic) sites?
  • clothing/"fabric", read:brown towel separately disappeared?
  • grid searches, involving thousands [read: 'covering vast & remote areas']?
Has not Barry in this interview told Agent Grusing:
  • that Suzanne was naked when disposed of;
  • that she would not be found in anyplace with disturbed terrain; and
  • this was accomplished proximate to, (not 'remote' from), the site of his murdering her?
IMHO:
  • Yes! This could be considered rife with fresh clues.
  • Let's get back - STAT, up close & personal - with the the PP holding;
  • REAL close,
  • and with the lateest tech and a few killer operators.

Let's make this happen:
Quick
Clean
Economical

I would not have done that search either were I Barry. It was abit of a circus and I had a friend who was in that search that week. He was well intentioned but was vocal about his feelings on top of everything else.
Perhaps, but the truth of it is, he couldn’t show his face because by that time everyone following the case knew he was a lyin’ lion liar. As far as I could tell, the vigil for Suzanne was not a “circus” and he didn’t show up there either, likely for the same reason. He knew people were already lookin’ at him sideways and for good reason. Over $30,000 in “give me fund” money for searches and did he do any? Maybe the first week when Andy and a couple others came from Indiana. After that it was sell this and buy that! Not a good look. And, lying to Suzanne’s family that he had taken a LDT when he hadn’t. Whoops!

Last edited:
Updated the truck data spreadsheet and map from the data in the PH defense exhibits. Still have more to add, it's just a PITA to do the editing after conversion. Parking lights, system logs, and door events are listed.

Don't recall who it was, but someone had suggested that the excessive parking light info was the key fob locking or unlocking the door, that does seem to be the case, lots of corresponding events.

Barry's Truck Events

Barry's Truck Events - Google My Maps

Updated the truck data spreadsheet and map from the data in the PH defense exhibits. Still have more to add, it's just a PITA to do the editing after conversion. Parking lights, system logs, and door events are listed.

Don't recall who it was, but someone had suggested that the excessive parking light info was the key fob locking or unlocking the door, that does seem to be the case, lots of corresponding events.

Barry's Truck Events

Good work. It sure looks like BM was up all night 5/9 to 5/10. I wonder why the truck was busy close to 1AM on 5/7.

Barry's Truck Events

For someone who was having the perfect evening with his wife, having sex and steak on a single plate, he sure was busy fooling with his truck. How did he even find the time between opening doors and turning his parking lights off and on?

For someone who was having the perfect evening with his wife, having sex and steak on a single plate, he sure was busy fooling with his truck. How did he even find the time between opening doors and turning his parking lights off and on?
It's the only thing he could turn on at all.
Suzanne didn't want him anymore!

B arry's Truck Events - Google My Maps
RSBM @sk716
The work and time you have put into this case is incredible and so appreciated. Thanks!
I'm sure if Grusing had asked that question Barry's answer would have been , "Oh yeah, we were having sex in the truck" No denying Barry just has his way of making everything fit, :)right??

Attachments

• 458FBB8F-6D90-45D4-9695-DFBD5E1A85A2.jpeg
    458FBB8F-6D90-45D4-9695-DFBD5E1A85A2.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 1AC81093-C698-47C0-94EB-7ABB2C7F83F3.jpeg
    1AC81093-C698-47C0-94EB-7ABB2C7F83F3.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 53
I tend to think he wanted to identify the "real Jeff' in order point the finger at him for Suzanne's disappearance. She was already gone...the best revenge against Jeff would have been to frame him for Suzanne's disappearance.
Maybe he had identified the real Jeff and maybe that is why he asked LE immediately, "did you find the phone?". Perhaps he thought he had staged the phone where it would be found?? Wild spec, if you please.
MOO

Well, obviously they would be happy and relieved. Their world would not be rocked to its foundations. They would still have one parent in their lives. They would resume more or less normal lives, etc etc.
I get your drift.
"It's a Barnum and Bailey world
Just as phony as it can be
But it wouldn't be make believe
If you believed in me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors