Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Barry had listened harder to his podcasts, he'd have kept Suzanne's phone buzzing on Saturday, again Sunday morning.... tossed her bike somewhere she might actually ride it on his way to somewhere he actually needed to be and then claim he last saw her in biking clothes. On her blue bike. Wearing her baby blue helmet. On Mother's Day morning.

He'd still be guilty but his cover would've been more credible.

JMO

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong...prosecution has a probable cause case.....but the outcome in my opinion is going to depend entirely how tight they can present it minus the speculation that can be argued as to another possibility. @Scootie98, don't forget that one of Suzanne's gripes was Barry would take off for "days" after a fight. That is a plausible defense counter to why he went to Broomfield a day earlier than he planned. ..they had a big fight and he bolted just like he had before. I know what I think - there was probable cause as he had means, motive and opportunity and she's no where to be found....but I have read and been exposed to theories a juror will not have been exposed to.
But, they didn't have a fight that day! It was wonderful, she didn't have any drugs or alcohol in her, they had steak off one plate, they had sex thereafter and fell asleep.

No need to run to Broomfield early, unless you're trying to set up some alibi because you murdered your wife.

Barry admitted to ownership of tranquing paraphernalia. Placed himself in his own breezeway with an operable tranquilizer delivery system. Where he fired it. And if he fired it, he previously loaded it. And if he loaded it, he used a syringe to transfer the sedative from a vial to the dart. He knew how to do it, he admitted he had done it.

And he dumped his tranq material on MD.

Why would he do and/or admit to any of those things if he hadn't employeed his tranquing stuffs on MDW?

JMO

He could have even brought a bucket full of dry soil from somewhere to conceal freshly dug earth (then place a boulder, his favorite decoration stuff).
The place, where he was lying on his back like a cockchafer during search, was it near the PP area or far away?
My husband (who participated in AM’s September 2020 search) said the photo of Barry laying on his back was taken by someone in Barry’s search group during AM’s first trip to Colorado right after Suzanne went missing. He said AM’s friend told a group of them that this was a favorite place of Suzanne’s because it was a plateau where she enjoyed the surrounding scenery and it was above an old cemetary she loved.

I don’t think the defence will even try to “defend” any of BM’s actions or lies. I suspect their defence will be solely based on trying to discredit LE and the witnesses. Distract the jury from the mountain of circumstantial evidence by portraying everyone as unreliable. BM has left them with nothing else. He is indefensible. I can only imagine how many times the trial attendees will hear, “OBJECTION your Honour!!” while the defence simultaneously pounds the table. :)

My husband (who participated in AM’s September 2020 search) said the photo of Barry laying on his back was taken by someone in Barry’s search group during AM’s first trip to Colorado right after Suzanne went missing. He said AM’s friend told a group of them that this was a favorite place of Suzanne’s because it was a plateau where she enjoyed the surrounding scenery and it was above an old cemetary she loved.

I hope that old cemetery has been thoroughly checked.

I wonder if any of Suzanne's gloves were dumpstered on Mother's Day.

DNA profile consistent with Suzanne on the security cords, on the sheath...

Barry was smart to conceal Suzanne's body. No ability to determine exact time and manner of death. No way to test DNA under her fingernails. No definitive way to even prove her deceased.

And when I say he was 'smart' to do that, I mean 'cruel'.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Who else had both the motive and the means to conceal her?

Father's Day, husband's day, the only proper day is Where Every Day is Ramen Day.

JMO

I don’t think the defence will even try to “defend” any of BM’s actions or lies. I suspect their defence will be solely based on trying to discredit LE and the witnesses. Distract the jury from the mountain of circumstantial evidence by portraying everyone as unreliable. BM has left them with nothing else. He is indefensible. I can only imagine how many times the trial attendees will hear, “OBJECTION your Honour!!” while the defence simultaneously pounds the table. :)
Yes.
MOO that is their MO.
Juror's from the Tom Fallis case said the next door neighbor's important testimony was doubted due to the things defense said about his character.
TFs phone call "something bad happened" to parents and their immediately jump in to running interference for their son when the first police arrived on scene, evidence of the unlikelood of her committing suicide they in the manner she was shot were all doubted enough to set him free.
All witnesses get torn down, circumstantial evidence and experts are dimished by simple baseless ridicule.
And an E&N specialty, is a barrage of carefully constructed question using alternative words for things to confuse the witness and make them appear unprepared, careless or just not knowledgeable. Example: using their own report to question Grusing, it would take a professional an afternoon to correlate the language and presentation of data in those two reports, she jumped him on the stand. This technique will be used over and over.
I hope the DA is prepping this case right it was obvious from day 1 how an E&N defense would operate yet it did uunfortunately appear the prosecution did not do their homework.

Yes.
MOO that is their MO.
Juror's from the Tom Fallis case said the next door neighbor's important testimony was doubted due to the things defense said about his character.
TFs phone call "something bad happened" to parents and their immediately jump in to running interference for their son when the first police arrived on scene, evidence of the unlikelood of her committing suicide they in the manner she was shot were all doubted enough to set him free.
All witnesses get torn down, circumstantial evidence and experts are dimished by simple baseless ridicule.
And an E&N specialty, is a barrage of carefully constructed question using alternative words for things to confuse the witness and make them appear unprepared, careless or just not knowledgeable. Example: using their own report to question Grusing, it would take a professional an afternoon to correlate the language and presentation of data in those two reports, she jumped him on the stand. This technique will be used over and over.
I hope the DA is prepping this case right it was obvious from day 1 how an E&N defense would operate yet it did uunfortunately appear the prosecution did not do their homework.
It will be interesting to see who defense calls as witnesses...if they call anyone...it's possible they won't call any and will just deal with prosecution witnesses and cross examination. I suppose it might depend on who ends up being "experts" for prosecution but even then they could do this entire trial and not have witnesses for the defense. I don't know...infinitely interesting to think about. Prosecution I genuinely think thought they had it in the bag when they did the arrest and then it was a scramble. It did concern me when prosecution came back and tried to get around the judges orders with LE identified as "experts" so how prosecution questions the investigators will be key and how they avoid sustainable objections because I agree E&N won't let prosecution get too much of a leading question out of their mouths for sure.

I'm sure it has....that image and probably tip happened very early in the case. Guilty or not guilty it was an intensely personal image of someone in grief and touched me.
Yes, it happened within days of AM traveling to Maysville to find out what happened to his sister. During those same few days, old Barry was caught rummaging through the trashcan outside Poncha Market. He never gave a description of Suzanne, only the clothes she might have been wearing on a bike ride that never happened. MOO - he dumped her teal bike riding jacket in Broomfield.

That wasn't grief. Far from it. He should have taken a swan dive off of the plateau and saved the state of Colorado huge bucks prosecuting him for murdering his wife. He's guilty.

JMO

Yes, it happened within days of AM traveling to Maysville to find out what happened to his sister. During those same few days, old Barry was caught rummaging through the trashcan outside Poncha Market. He never gave a description of Suzanne, only the clothes she might have been wearing on a bike ride that never happened. MOO - he dumped her teal bike riding jacket in Broomfield.

That wasn't grief. Far from it. He should have taken a swan dive off of the plateau and saved the state of Colorado huge bucks prosecuting him for murdering his wife. He's guilty.

JMO

Totally agree. Barry has not displayed one second of grief about Suzanne the whole time she has been missing ;from when he first arrived and asked about the mountain lion to his jaunty entrances to court.

Why did Barry leave for Broomfield at "5am" in order to drive to Men's Warehouse parking lot and park for 40 minutes?

Interestingly, at Men's Warehouse, he's not parked at the dumpster. He's parked closer to the light pole. It's puzzling because until I put the GPS numbers in I assumed he was parked right next to the dumpster. So <modsnip> he was doing there for 40 minutes?
ScreenHunter 1336.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure it has....that image and probably tip happened very early in the case. Guilty or not guilty it was an intensely personal image of someone in grief and touched me.
If he's guilty, which I personally have absolutely no doubt about, then it really can't be "an intensely personal image of someone in grief."

It was a transparent act so bizarre that someone felt compelled to capture it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb