Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #103

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I long ago gave up on him searching for her.

He did not go to vigils, too busy tending to his trail cams and carrying his rifle around protecting his property while volunteers - many from out of state - searched.

Apparently when his daughters said “we”, they were not including him.

Morphew’s other daughter, Macy, used the opportunity to plead with District Attorney Linda Stanley: “I just hope that Linda will step up to the plate and do everything she can to find our mom, because what they’ve done it’s not fair and we’re never going to stop looking for our mom.”

Yes and why would he go and search for Suzanne, when he knows exactly where he put her.

MOO

Sounds like he is living in Denver from the Twitter feed from Lauren so I am of the opinion people probably need to give up that idea that he'll be in Salida much let alone organizing searches after 2 years. I'm just a realist I guess. The pressure should be on law enforcement in my opinion.
LE in Salida don’t need to be pressured. They’ve been searching for Suzanne from the get go! They’ve NEVER stopped searching for her. Not to mention, they are not the ones LYING about searching for her. Now the Cheetah OTOH, NEVER put in an honest effort. Naturally. He knows EXACTLY where she is and he has NO inclination to unearth her. MOO.

For me - it is coming up because when Barry was shown the last proof of life photo of Suzanne, all he had to say was “drunk eyes”. Takes one to know one. That and because to me - he looks like an old drunk. I’ve seen plenty.

jmo
yes agreed - he seems to excel at "projection", so if he is accusing others of something that means he is up to his eyeballs in that behavior IMO

DENVER – Barry Morphew pleaded guilty Thursday to forgery of a government-issued document for voting with his missing wife’s ballot in the 2020 election and received a one-year deferred sentence and community service.

Morphew will have to do 32 hours of community service and will be on supervised probation, according to the sentence. The charge he pleaded guilty to in Chaffee County District Court is a class 5 felony.

Two other charges – attempt to influence a public servant and election mail ballot offense – were dismissed as part of the plea agreement.

In the forgery case, Morphew has a review hearing set for Nov. 28, according to court records. If he complies with the deferred sentence, he will have another hearing next year to end the deferred sentence.

I thought the same -- wondered if Judge Murphy made that suggestion tongue in cheek. I'm sure they will set him up with service so that it's to BM's liking. JMO
Not directed at you Seattle1.

Forgive me all, but I don’t see BM doing any meaningful community service in Denver or anywhere else. I could, however, envision that letch searching for and servicing ”young girls in Denver.” (I miss the puke emoji!) The man is despicable! And, although it’s just my opinion, my assessment of his character is firmly backed up by the AA. JMHO

Sounds like he is living in Denver from the Twitter feed from Lauren so I am of the opinion people probably need to give up that idea that he'll be in Salida much let alone organizing searches after 2 years. I'm just a realist I guess. The pressure should be on law enforcement in my opinion.

Well, since he only “searched” for a couple of days in the week after she ”disappeared,” I think most of us here are realist enough to recognize that he and his family won’t be searching anytime soon. Let alone “never give up” looking for her. As if.

Oh wait, there was that trip to Mexico, with the daughters and SD, maybe that was his idea of a small search party (emphasis on party.) And that was, what, six or seven months after he “disappeared“ SUZANNE?

And the next year’s Valentine’s getaway, though that was a VERY small search party (emphasis on party), just him and SD. Sweet of them to stay together to save on expenses when they travel. Is that part of his family’s effort to “never give up” on finding SUZANNE?

BM (which remains an apropos acronym for him) is so very transparent. He would be laughable if it weren’t for SUZANNE being dead.

IMO

Didn't he lose the right to his weapons during his bond period from the dismissed trial? I don't think this is "new" for him. I don't think he was able to do any hunting during hunting season when he was out on bond.
Your points are well taken. I obviously don't know the man, but "drinking" seems to keep cropping up so was curious what changed. I do tend to believe that prior to Suzanne going missing I believe he was non drinker as friends reported and along with his distain for Suzanne drinking it seems probable. But no one but him knows what the last couple years have been like and I'm a person who just doesn't project on what's going on in people's heads and moreso with someone I don't know. We don't even know what the conditions of his current probation is so hard to say if he drinks what difference it makes. I was just curious why this just popped up recently because I had not seen anyone comment on Barry and alcohol.
BBM
Which friends reported this? His disdain for Suzanne drinking? What proof or link to MSM article do you have that Suzanne drank alcohol?

BBM
Which friends reported this? His disdain for Suzanne drinking? What proof or link to MSM article do you have that Suzanne drank alcohol?
Suzanne’s is in the AA. Apparently JL introduced her to some beers she took a liking to. I didn’t know where the reference to BM drinking came from and someone said it is also in the AA from the original arrest. I would guess it is searchable in the AA in the archives here.

Barry Morphew pleaded guilty Thursday to a forgery charge in a voter-fraud case in which he admitted to casting his missing wife’s 2020 ballot for President Donald Trump.

The case before 11th Judicial District Judge Patrick Murphy in Chaffee County is concluded, according to court records. Morphew was fined and assessed court costs of $600. Barring a reversal, the deferred judgment will end on June 21. A review is scheduled for Nov. 28.

He will serve no jail time as part of the plea agreement. His probation is supervised. Should he run afoul of the agreement, Morphew faces up to six years in prison if there are extraordinary or aggravating circumstances.

[…]

Barry Morphew moving to Denver; pleads guilty to forgery​

A judge on Thursday placed Barry Morphew on one year of supervised probation and ordered him to perform 32 hours of community service after Morphew pleaded guilty to a felony count of forgery for using his missing wife's name to vote for Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election.

11th Judicial District Judge Patrick Murphy also denied Morphew’s request for the court to return his hunting guns to him but granted him permission to own a bow and a muzzle loader. After handing down his decision, Murphy said he treated Morphew just like any other defendant.

Morphew looked haggard as he pleaded guilty to the felony charge. He answered the judge's questions with one-word responses and said he understood the terms of his probation.

[…]

Barry Morphew, 54, pleaded guilty to forgery of a government-issued document. Charges of attempting to influence a public servant and a misdemeanor offense associated with the mail-in ballot were dismissed as part of a plea agreement.

Eytan told the judge that Barry Morphew is moving to Denver, which will enable him to get out from under the suspicion that still surrounds him in the rural community of Salida.

“Now he and his family will return the focus to finding Suzanne,” said Eytan, who added that Barry Morphew has a reliable job as a landscaper.

In April, prosecutors dismissed the murder case without prejudice, saying they hoped to continue searching for Suzanne Morphew in a remote mountainous area near the family home west of Poncha Springs once the snow melted. As of Thursday, the mother of two grown daughters had not been found.

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze told The Denver Gazette that investigators were still searching for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18