Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding being close to finding Suzanne's body.

However, at a later court hearing, Hurlbert told a judge that they were wrong about being close to finding the body, KUSA-TV reported in October.

More important, law enforcement is still actively searching for Suzanne, and we should not expect for them to tell the public where.

"Law enforcement has been searching diligently for Mrs. Morphew. We thought back in May that we were close. That it was going to be soon that we were going to find Suzanne Morphew. Obviously, we were wrong," Mark Hurlbert, a prosecutor on Stanley's team, told the court during a motion hearing.

From the quoted link.

I am just an ordinary citizen with no legal background.
In following this case it has been clear to me and most of us here, that since IE has no actual defense for BM, she is attacking anyone and anything on the other side.
Hence all the civil lawsuits and the constant hammering of and reporting of Linda Stanley to the legal board's and then the "press releases" by MSM krdo aka IE's mouthpiece IMO
It appears her game has been and continues to be, to attack her opponents, overwhelm and pepper the state with constant superfluous filings and just create chaos and busy work for the prosecution.
Where is the oversight on this woman? Why is no one calling her out ? The actual judges fell short, both of whom seemingly "ran for the hills" IMO
Is it the responsibility of the AG, the guy that Suzanne's cousin said we should petition for a special prosecutor? Or the Legal Board?
Crippling the state, abusing the court system and victimizing LE and the prosecutor is not justice it’s legal maneuvering that side steps justice. It's railroading and bullying.

If that is indeed what's happening someone in Colorado (the AG ?) needs to send the legal cavalry to the 11th Judical District to help out bc as most of us know they just don't have the same resources as IE. It's past time to fight this woman on an even playing field.

So disheartening

ALL JMO
I still wonder what IE’s reasons are. She doesn’t need the notariety. I do not believe she could be pressured by BM. She already made a lot of money with this case. Could it possibly be she has fallen for BM?

I wouldn’t think hatred of LS would go this far, like some past grudge?

As far as the judges, I believe the case became tainted when everyone found out Suzanne was having an affair. A murder was still committed but I think the males and a lot of females (ie, his daughters) gave him a pass because she was unfaithful.

I still wonder what IE’s reasons are. She doesn’t need the notariety. I do not believe she could be pressured by BM. She already made a lot of money with this case. Could it possibly be she has fallen for BM?

I wouldn’t think hatred of LS would go this far, like some past grudge?

As far as the judges, I believe the case became tainted when everyone found out Suzanne was having an affair. A murder was still committed but I think the males and a lot of females (ie, his daughters) gave him a pass because she was unfaithful.
I think it's ego driven and I think she is very jealous of LS.

I wish they didn't mention looking for the body in the dismissal, because now most people assume they need to find the body before they can prosecute him. They can easily try him on the evidence have now.

Outside of the bodies, I see it as very comparable to the Murdaugh case, the way they were both the last to see the victims, and how the phone data can show their last signs of life, before they were killed at their homes, and how the killers tried to manufacture alibis by simply driving somewhere after the crimes, and how then they lied and lied and lied. jmo

yes it seems odd.

Generally a court is not allowed to start overseeing an investigation - that is a separation of powers thing
I doubt they will succeed. But I imagine the argument would be that the prosecutor has now violated Barry's constitutional right to a speedy trial. Once they filed charges, they had six months to bring him to trial. They dismissed the case just a few weeks before that deadline. Dismissing that close to trial for a defendant who hadn't waived their speedy trial rights can result in a dismissal with prejudice. Otherwise the right to a speedy trial becomes sort of meaningless. Prosecutors could always just dismiss right before trial and then refile later, essentially extending the deadline indefinitely.

But one of the things that can justify a dismissal without prejudice so close to a speedy trial deadline is a legitimate need to further investigate the case. Hence why the prosecution mentioned in their motion that they thought they were close to finding Suzanne's body. If they didn't actually have any reason to think they were close to finding Suzanne's body, then putting that in the motion could be a big problem.

But I highly doubt IE has any evidence they were lying. It's hard to imagine she wouldn't have included it in the civil suit if she had it. I can't imagine that the mere fact they haven't found her yet will be enough, but I guess we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member