Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Iris and /or her counterparts decided to file the recent lawsuits I think there was little chance of a grand jury ever convening for this case. The sad truth is three years have passed and people move on and focus elsewhere.
There really was nothing to keep the spotlight on this lone crime and the lack of justice done. Suzanne and her family were newcomers to the state, not well known and had seemingly no ties to well-connected people. I wonder if that was part of BM’s plan. I suspect if he decided to kill her in Indiana the legal process might have gone differently. I also suspect that BM recognized that.

But now thanks to Iris et al the spotlight is back on the case. She has the attention of the Colorado legal system and the media - all good news for Suzanne IMO.

The evidence/AA/ court testimony etc, will be reevaluated in reference to all the claims in the lawsuits. Hopefully those doing the reevaluating will see things for what they clearly are. Fingers crossed that the mockery of the justice system by IE et al does not continue.

What I do still find curious is the lack of Colo legal people/talking heads weighing in on these new lawsuits. Unless I missed it,not even a peep from Scott Reich the Denver lawyer/Crime Talk guy who was all over the legal proceddings about the murder of Suzanne. Crickets.

All IMO
Even Fb is relatively quiet, at least I'm having the impression. Is everyone afraid of BM and his possible reactions?

Even Fb is relatively quiet, at least I'm having the impression. Is everyone afraid of BM and his possible reactions?
Good point @FromGermany1

He seems like a pretty brash and scary guy, IMO.

I would steer clear of him, even on SM, especially now that he's been let off his leash, so to speak. IMO

I’ve been watching a lot of Dateline shows, and a few have featured cases brought to court by a prosecuting attorney named John Lewin. In one interview, he discussed how much he enjoys working cases in which he and his team have to put together many bits and pieces in order to make their case.

We need a John Lewin for SUZANNE, a prosecutor who isn’t afraid to make a successful case out of many parts.

Received alert that BM satisfied Mortgage at Bank One Indiana NA dated 4/10/1998 at $33,800. I believe this was the 30 year mortgage on the couples first residence when SM was still known as Moorman, and soon after Morphew. MOO

Document Information
Document Number:
Date:
Apr 22, 1998
Amount:

County:
Hamilton County, IN
Time:
3:16:00 PM
Page Count:

Type:
MORT : MORTGAGE
Execution Date:
Apr 10, 1998
Return To:

Notes:

Party Information
Party Name:Role:Address:
MOORMAN, SUZANNE RBORROWER
MORPHEW, BARRY LBORROWER
MORPHEW, SUZANNE RBORROWER
BANK ONELENDER
Property Information
Description:Address:Notes:
12-20-4 SEINPARTIAL
INTHIS DOCUMENT REFERRED TO IN DOCUMENT 9853054 9-22-1998
Cross References
Document Number:Date:Document Type:Notes:
1998053054Sep 22, 1998REL : RELEASE OF MORTGAGE

Received alert that BM satisfied Mortgage at Bank One Indiana NA dated 4/10/1998 at $33,800. I believe this was the 30 year mortgage on the couples first residence when SM was still known as Moorman, and soon after Morphew. MOO

Document Information
Document Number:
Date:
Apr 22, 1998
Amount:

County:
Hamilton County, IN
Time:
Page Count:

Type:
Execution Date:
Apr 10, 1998
Return To:

Notes:

Party Information
MORPHEW, BARRY LBORROWER
BANK ONELENDER
Property Information
12-20-4 SEINPARTIAL
Cross References
Interesting - if that was a 30 year mortgage he paid it off 5 years early.

Yup -- most likely with SM's inheritance.
Yup -- most likely with SM's inheritance.
Probably more like a quarter of what they had in assets. Don’t know their debt load but they seem to have done well for themselves. Makes you wonder what the tab was for IE and the defense bunch.

Probably more like a quarter of what they had in assets. Don’t know their debt load but they seem to have done well for themselves. Makes you wonder what the tab was for IE and the defense bunch.

This isn't rocket science but basic math. If interest rate estimated at 5% at time of the loan April 1998, the early payoff, 5 years early or 2023 was only about $1,800. MOO

Document Information
Document Number:
Date:
Apr 22, 1998
Amount:

County:
Hamilton County, IN
Time:
Page Count:

Type:
Execution Date:
Apr 10, 1998
Return To:

Notes:

Party Information
MORPHEW, BARRY LBORROWER
BANK ONELENDER
Property Information
12-20-4 SEINPARTIAL
Cross References
How was Barry still holding a mortgage on a property he didn't own anymore?

Why do you think BM no longer owned a small rental owned since 1998?
I didnt realize he rented it out.
Most mortgage companies do NOT allow the home owner to " rent" out the home if there is a mortgage still owed on it. YIKES !!!

But of course, we all know BM doesn't follow the rules and they don't apply to him, so there's that.

And yes, he probably used Suzanne's $$ to pay it off.

This guy needs to be behind bars. JMO

All, take note the subject property was only $33,800 property from 1998, and NOT the residential estate they sold on contract to move to Colorado.

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (KRDO) -- Attorneys for Barry Morphew, the Chaffee County man previously arrested and charged with the murder of his wife Suzanne, are trying to change his dismissal ruling from without prejudice to with prejudice.

Cutting through the legal jargon, the main difference between the two dismissals is whether or not a person accused of a crime can be re-tried in a court of law. In April 2022, a Fremont County Judge ruled that Morphew can be re-tried by dismissing the case without prejudice.

Now, in a motion filed on April 18, elected District Attorney Linda Stanley states that Morphew's Attorney Iris Eytan is asking for a judge to set a date when this dismissal ruling can be changed. Stanley argues in the motion that, "Crim. P. Rule 55.1(7) in no way states a court can change a dismissal without prejudice to a dismissal with prejudice at a date certain," Stanley's motion reads.

Court documents say Morphew's attorneys are also trying to limit public access to certain court records. While the contents of those documents remain a mystery, the motion filed by Stanley says they involve "whether the victim’s statements may come in under CRE 807, after a case has been dismissed."
"CRE 807 are statements that Suzanne made. What happens is if you are charged with somebody's death, those statements that person made are an exception to hearsay. So if she made those statements but you made her unavailable by killing her, then her statements are an exception to hearsay. Hearsay is an out-of-court statement that goes to the truth of the matter asserted made by somebody," Loew explained.
What statements Suzanne made are unclear. None of the court documents filed in the case since it was re-opened on May 23 outline what specific statements the victim made that the defense wants to keep out of the public eye.

[…]

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (KRDO) -- Attorneys for Barry Morphew, the Chaffee County man previously arrested and charged with the murder of his wife Suzanne, are trying to change his dismissal ruling from without prejudice to with prejudice.

Cutting through the legal jargon, the main difference between the two dismissals is whether or not a person accused of a crime can be re-tried in a court of law. In April 2022, a Fremont County Judge ruled that Morphew can be re-tried by dismissing the case without prejudice.

Now, in a motion filed on April 18, elected District Attorney Linda Stanley states that Morphew's Attorney Iris Eytan is asking for a judge to set a date when this dismissal ruling can be changed. Stanley argues in the motion that, "Crim. P. Rule 55.1(7) in no way states a court can change a dismissal without prejudice to a dismissal with prejudice at a date certain," Stanley's motion reads.

Court documents say Morphew's attorneys are also trying to limit public access to certain court records. While the contents of those documents remain a mystery, the motion filed by Stanley says they involve "whether the victim’s statements may come in under CRE 807, after a case has been dismissed."
"CRE 807 are statements that Suzanne made. What happens is if you are charged with somebody's death, those statements that person made are an exception to hearsay. So if she made those statements but you made her unavailable by killing her, then her statements are an exception to hearsay. Hearsay is an out-of-court statement that goes to the truth of the matter asserted made by somebody," Loew explained.
What statements Suzanne made are unclear. None of the court documents filed in the case since it was re-opened on May 23 outline what specific statements the victim made that the defense wants to keep out of the public eye.

[…]

Great. Let's silence Suzanne some more by keeping her statements hidden.
Ffs. This man and that defence team are disgraceful. Why try to hide the statements if he is innocent? And trying to dismiss with prejudice. Ugh.

Jm disgusted opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member