Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shallow grave means any clothing would be contained therein....

Lion wouldn't undress her.

Left a trove of forensic evidence if you ask me.

Jmo
Yes, since they were supposedly searching for someone else, there must have been something discovered with her bones (like identifying clothes,or something else) in that shallow grave to quickly identify her remains.

Now that's she's been found, maybe more truths will be revealed. Surely someone somewhere will stand up amd give her her voice back.

Jmo
well it has to Megnut!

Because people can not know their location and vantage point is needed when you only have a window of time and 360 degrees to work with.

Now people's actions and locations can be valuable.
But unfortunately 3 years down the line dashcams and cctv are gunna be zero. :(

However I have faith that finding Suzanne is going to be a slam dunk in putting Barry away 'this time'.;)

#BREAKING

Snagglepuss, the mountain lion accused of murder by Barry Morphew, has released a statement in which he says that he intends to file a $15 million defamation suit against Morphew, who he claims falsely accused him of the murder of Morphew’s wife, Suzanne.

The 49-year-old's bones were found in a remote, dry desert field of sagebrush and natural grasses south of Moffat, according to Saguache County Coroner Tom Perrin. He said it appeared that the remains had been buried in a shallow grave before being scattered.

Perrin was called to the scene to collect the remains on Friday, and transported them to El Paso County for an autopsy. Wednesday, they were positively identified as Morphew's.

Morphew's remains were found in Saguache County during an unrelated search, CBI said. Sources close to the investigation told The Denver Gazette that her body was found 30-40 minutes from the Morphew home, but would not elaborate further.

Whoa

S c a t t e r r e d

I'm so glad Suzanne"s been found.

I'm so sorry for Edna's family but there's something about a sisterhood here that gives me pause.

Edna pointed the way.

Let's bring her home too.

Jmo

The 49-year-old's bones were found in a remote, dry desert field of sagebrush and natural grasses south of Moffat, according to Saguache County Coroner Tom Perrin. He said it appeared that the remains had been buried in a shallow grave before being scattered.

Perrin was called to the scene to collect the remains on Friday, and transported them to El Paso County for an autopsy. Wednesday, they were positively identified as Morphew's.

Morphew's remains were found in Saguache County during an unrelated search, CBI said. Sources close to the investigation told The Denver Gazette that her body was found 30-40 minutes from the Morphew home, but would not elaborate further.

From your link…

Moorman Balzer said Suzanne's husband Barry Morphew was the first person notified that his wife's remains had been positively identified because he was next of kin.

Whoa

S c a t t e r r e d

I'm so sorry for Edna's family but there's something about a sisterhood here that gives me pause.

Edna pointed the way.

Jmo
Like the Gilgo Beach girls being found in the search for Shannan Gilbert. I'm with you on a sisterhood in the Great Beyond pointing the way. Justice for Suzanne. Justice for Edna.

Whoa

S c a t t e r r e d

I'm so glad Suzanne"s been found.

Edna pointed the way.

Jmo
Absolutely. I mean what are the chances that they are looking for another missing woman and find one body? They have now found 2 other bodies. A man that is still unidentified and now Suzanne. I hope they find Edna as well.

I agree. It's panic by a particular sort of man (who had some outdoor skills). I suspect he was constantly transgressing many boundaries and committing many sins, but was used to covering up and being "forgiven" (as we have seen his daughters do, IMO).

I am amazed and in awe of law enforcement's dedication to this case. I also realize that not every case gets this amount of attention - but when a crime is committed in a smaller jurisdiction, under these circumstances, it is not uncommon. It is my home county's coroner who broke the Joe DeAngelo rape/murder case - through long term diligence.

You, @MassGuy are one of the stellar proponents of Justice for Suzanne. I am still in a state of shock that it was a shallow grave.
I still think he killed her in a rage. An offset hyoid bone would prove it.

BBM
Hmmm.
Re-posting the link from my earlier post :

“I’ve heard the FBI lie and I know that they can legally do that in their investigations,” Barry said. “But it just pains me to know that they are doing this to me and my family.”
Emphasis mine.

Well, boo-hoo. No, the FBI didn't do this to you and your family.
I think hubby is guilty as sin.

Re. the coolers missing :

Moorman said CBI agents brought up other concerns as well.

“They did ask us, ‘why can’t we find any coolers at the house?’ And I said, ‘well I have no idea. I don’t know how many they had to begin with,” he said. “But I assume, as a hunter and a guy that maybe camps, he would have a few, and they couldn’t find a single one.”

(Moorman in this article is a relative of Suzanne.)
The pieces are coming together. (IMO) The husband maybe placed his wife into the cooler for transporting her, and that's why there are coolers missing ?
But why toss all of them, if there was more than one cooler ?

Did B.M. flip out and wildly get rid of everything he thought could be incriminating, esp. if they brought in cadaver dogs --aka HRD dogs ?

Sounds like he worked hard and diligently to cover his tracks.
Fortunately for his wife -- not diligently enough !
Omo.

My thoughts are a bit darker, but I totally agree with your point.

The reason to toss all the coolers is that all the coolers were pre-loaded into a vehicle and the body...might not be intact at that point? A lot depends on his amount of rage (he was planning to kill her, but that one day triggered him into something monstrous - which, so far, the facts support).

IMO.

We still have a LONG way to go for a conviction here. This is the part of the case that always gets me most agitated and engaged - will our legal system do Justice for Suzanne?

Anyone recall the location of Barry's falling on the ground having a meltdown during the search for Suzanne? I remember reading it here and seeing it posted, but I'm not sure how to search to find it. I've tried a few search terms and not seeing it.

Whoa

S c a t t e r r e d

Edna pointed the way.

Jmo
He buried her shallowly so Colorado desert animals would scatter her remains in the hope that would assure there would be nothing recognizable to BE found.

He buried couches deeper. He’s capable of deeper.

Thank heavens the search for Edna defeated BM’s efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member