Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

There is no evidence that she was a “prisoner.”
With all due respect, the second Suzanne made a definitive stand to leave Barry, he killed her. That is not a balanced, healthy, free marriage.

Coercive control is DV and it's a subtle manipulation. He kept the purse strings and confidently boxed her out of her own money. Huge and horrible and deliberate imbalance of power.

JMO

I would argue that the aggressive sexual behaviors of men like Morphew are those that proved to be most evolutionarily advantageous and so more likely to be passed along to a next generation. Until recently, women tended to choose aggressive men as mates because they were so dependent on them for protection. The resulting inclination of the Barry Morphews of the world to coerce women sexually is not only unmodified by our civilization, which is becoming more just, but is actually aggravated by a culture that has freed many women from dependency on men and enhanced their ability to seek men with different attributes as long term partners.

All of these factors, paired with online dating — an environment that amplifies users’ perceptions of being desirable — have contributed to the rise of violent male ideologies.

When this male psychology registers failure in the sexual marketplace, it will often respond aggressively. Those responses become amplified in online forums and chat rooms, where aggression is construed as a response to the perceived failure to live up to male identity, such that aggressive acts are intended to ‘repair’ masculinity in the eyes of others. These men are trying to prove their potency, their mattering, their ability to wield power by inflicting harm. This impression of potency could (in an ultimate sense) make them more respected and hence sexually successful.

I would not be surprised to find that Morphew was a participant in these online discussions.

Although I know plenty of very civilized men who are kind and generous and loving, I tend to disagree with those who believe Morphew is uniquely monstrous.

This is all MOO, of course. I wonder if @10ofRods could set me straight about this.

I think it's high time we put that llama in the zoo, as I can't remember if we already have one. Any comments?

C A V E A T

I understand that these endearing, disarming creatures...
S P I T - - - - >o_O !
- likely for any or no reason -
and very accurately so.
:eek:

Problematic for our creatures?...
...or our beloved, pro bono Keeper ? :rolleyes: ?

I would argue that the aggressive sexual behaviors of men like Morphew are those that proved to be most evolutionarily advantageous and so more likely to be passed along to a next generation. Until recently, women tended to choose aggressive men as mates because they were so dependent on them for protection. The resulting inclination of the Barry Morphews of the world to coerce women sexually is not only unmodified by our civilization, which is becoming more just, but is actually aggravated by a culture that has freed many women from dependency on men and enhanced their ability to seek men with different attributes as long term partners.

All of these factors, paired with online dating — an environment that amplifies users’ perceptions of being desirable — have contributed to the rise of violent male ideologies.

When this male psychology registers failure in the sexual marketplace, it will often respond aggressively. Those responses become amplified in online forums and chat rooms, where aggression is construed as a response to the perceived failure to live up to male identity, such that aggressive acts are intended to ‘repair’ masculinity in the eyes of others. These men are trying to prove their potency, their mattering, their ability to wield power by inflicting harm. This impression of potency could (in an ultimate sense) make them more respected and hence sexually successful.

I would not be surprised to find that Morphew was a participant in these online discussions.

Although I know plenty of very civilized men who are kind and generous and loving, I tend to disagree with those who believe Morphew is uniquely monstrous.

This is all MOO, of course. I wonder if @10ofRods could set me straight about this.
Morphew isn’t the type for an online discussion unless it was arranging for a quickie. That’s all he was interested in.
DV is indeed monstrous. I can see him being the one who decided what car she drove and what clothes she wore. That’s control. She only was able to vacation away from him when he was on his “trips” hunting for who knows what and being gone “days at a time”.
BM wore one face to the world and another face at home. Very common with males who commit DV.
Suzanne was desperate to escape. She finally found the strength and he killed her for it.

Having raised three sons into adulthood and being a strong independent female myself and the daughter of a relatively independent working professional strong 50s woman who raised me in the 60s and 70s, I, by virtue, am a little leery of the "toxic male culture" claims and perhaps more jaundiced about what actually constitutes illegal domestic violence. I do not in a million years think we have "a rise in violent male ideologies." I will agree that there are people in bad marriages. I know couples who were physically abusive to each other. I know plenty of people who divorced testosterone driven men for more renaissance men and vice versa. I know women who claimed their husband's were abusive and have ex-husbands that say it's a lie. I don't condone anyone killing their spouse because they want to leave a marriage and we have laws about murder, but I also am leery about what constitutes a woman whom people seem to argue was "enchained" by a strong dominant male and I'm hesitant to promote broad laws where literally everything is "DV". It sickens me that Suzanne did not have a plan in place and the strength to leave immediately after telling Barry she was done when the marriage. I do not think DV is a strong prosecutor argument for sentence enhancement based on what we know and have read in the AA. Obviously if they bring more to another trial I might change my mind. Just my two cents.

Having raised three sons into adulthood and being a strong independent female myself and the daughter of a relatively independent working professional strong 50s woman who raised me in the 60s and 70s, I, by virtue, am a little leery of the "toxic male culture" claims and perhaps more jaundiced about what actually constitutes illegal domestic violence. I do not in a million years think we have "a rise in violent male ideologies." I will agree that there are people in bad marriages. I know couples who were physically abusive to each other. I know plenty of people who divorced testosterone driven men for more renaissance men and vice versa. I know women who claimed their husband's were abusive and have ex-husbands that say it's a lie. I don't condone anyone killing their spouse because they want to leave a marriage and we have laws about murder, but I also am leery about what constitutes a woman whom people seem to argue was "enchained" by a strong dominant male and I'm hesitant to promote broad laws where literally everything is "DV". It sickens me that Suzanne did not have a plan in place and the strength to leave immediately after telling Barry she was done when the marriage. I do not think DV is a strong prosecutor argument for sentence enhancement based on what we know and have read in the AA. Obviously if they bring more to another trial I might change my mind. Just my two cents.
Try this

@kittythehare
Respectfully, if ^ concludes or suggests that the linked "Incel" * article applies to BM and to his relationship w SM, can you or someone explain how? I'm missing the connection. TiA

"Involuntary celibates, or incels, are part of a growing online subculture. Incels are men who are unable to engage in a sexual relationship with a woman and who experience significant distress and anger as a result."

Honestly, prosecution would be wise to pass on older women and pick younger women. As a product of the 70s we were a pretty tough generation of women. I had to earn a spot on the boy's tennis team because there was no "girl's sports" except for swimming and gymnastics. Many of us had to fight for every nickel, every promotion, every raise and we women that made it through college and/or grad school just learned to hold our own in a male world at that time even though we were much lower compensated for the same work. I was never blessed with daughters so I don't know if it would have mellowed me toward today's woes of women about men...I'll never know.

Honestly, prosecution would be wise to pass on older women and pick younger women. As a product of the 70s we were a pretty tough generation of women. I had to earn a spot on the boy's tennis team because there was no "girl's sports" except for swimming and gymnastics. Many of us had to fight for every nickel, every promotion, every raise and we women that made it through college and/or grad school just learned to hold our own in a male world at that time even though we were much lower compensated for the same work. I was never blessed with daughters so I don't know if it would have mellowed me toward today's woes of women about men...I'll never know.
you're welcome to your opinions but here's a few facts and stats from reliable sources FYI

• According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV):
    • Every year, nearly 10 million women and men become victims of domestic violence.
    • Every minute, about 20 people are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States.
  • According to the CDC, more than one in three women (35.6 percent) and more than one in four men (28.5 percent) in the U.S. have experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
  • According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), intimate partner violence amounts to 15 percent of all violent crime.
  • According to the CDC, nearly half of all women and men have experienced psychological aggression by an intimate partner in their lives (48.4 and 48.8 percent resp.).
  • According to the United Nations, over a quarter (27 percent) of women worldwide (ages 15-49 years) who have been in a relationship report that they have been subjected to some form of physical or sexual violence by their intimate partner).
  • Every year, an estimated 324,000 women are pregnant when they are subjected to violence by an intimate partner.
  • According to a 2014 report by American Progress: Between 2001 and 2012, more women in the U.S. were killed by an intimate partner using a gun than U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

One of the assumptions underpinning common narratives aboutdomestic violence is that, once violence starts, it increases inseverity and frequency over time (Aldarondo 1996). In the early1980s family violence researcher Mildred Pagelow stated: ‘one ofthe few things about which almost all researchers agree is thatbatterings escalate in frequency and intensity’ (1981: 45). Thisstatement has been repeated by numerous authors since then,many of whom have suggested that escalation is characteristic ofmost, if not all, violent relationships (Sabri et al. 2014).

What is escalation?The review identified two primary definitions of escalation: escalation as a pattern of increasinglyfrequent and/or severe violent and abusive behaviours and incidents over time, and escalation asan outcome.The first definition can be described as the more traditional conceptualisation of this phenomenon.This approach defines escalation through the temporal lens. From this perspective, escalation isclearly indicated by a pattern of increasing frequency and/or severity of violence over time (or areduction in the length of time between events). This remains the most common definition usedin the literature. For example, the Queensland Domestic and Family Violence Death Review andAdvisory Board defines escalation in the context of the Intimate Partner Homicide Lethality RiskFactor Form as when ‘the abuse/maltreatment (physical; psychological; emotional; sexual; etc.)inflicted upon the victim by the perpetrator was increasing in frequency and/or severity’ (2018: 129).This aligns with definitions of other intimate partner homicide (IPH) risk assessment tools such as thewidely used Danger Assessment (Campbell et al. 2007).In contrast to characterisation by timing and frequency of events, the second conceptualisation seesescalation as an outcome—the occurrence of specific violent behaviours—that can occur whether ornot violence has been increasing in frequency or severity. The behaviours most commonly discussedin the literature are non-fatal strangulation (NFS, also referred to as choking or throttling), and IPH.

There's tons more if you care to search under Scholar..

The facts are there.
Suzanne Morphew was a known victim of DV, physical, mental emotional spiritual as well as extreme coercive control
'I'm going to kill myself if you leave'

What do you think that suggests if not control?

What do you believe murder suggests if not the ultimate control??

@kittythehare
Respectfully, if ^ concludes or suggests that the linked "Incel" * article applies to BM and to his relationship w SM, can you or someone explain how? I'm missing the connection. TiA

"Involuntary celibates, or incels, are part of a growing online subculture. Incels are men who are unable to engage in a sexual relationship with a woman and who experience significant distress and anger as a result."

if you read the post to which I was replying, you will find it easily.
.' I do not in a million years think we have "a rise in violent male ideologies'

C A V E A T

I understand that these endearing, disarming creatures...
S P I T - - - - >o_O !
- likely for any or no reason -
and very accurately so.
:eek:

Problematic for our creatures?...
...or our beloved, pro bono Keeper ? :rolleyes: ?

They do, indeed spit with alarming accuracy. But are the cutest damn things

jme lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IdreamofJeannie