Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't not think of Suzanne every day that I have deer in my yard or my dog and I startle one on our ramblings.
And that's a good thing, in its sad way.
Waiting patiently in the hills of nature for an arrest.
No shortage of sadnesses....

But adding to the list, as Suzanne recovered from and beat cancer for the second time, as she can strength and clarity, gaining on good health, her husband put her down like a sick doe.

And that is SICK. Really, really sick.

JMO

This article is from April 29 of this year (2024) when they announced the autopsy results. Of course the big news was that it was ruled a homicide and the animal tranquilizers found in her.
I don’t remember seeing these other details though :

[…]

According to the autopsy report, there was no evidence of perimortem trauma, which is an injury that occurs around the time of death.

The report also noted that she was “receiving maintenance rituxan chemotherapy after complete remission of recurrent follicular lymphoma.”

[…]

Although the autopsy report is complete, it stated, “If more information becomes available, this report may be amended.”

It is high time for the chipmunks to rise up.

JMzO
"The Rise of the Revenging, Ravenous Rodents!"​
Dear @Megnut,
I DO recall that was my very favorite bedtime story! And learning that chipmunks were OMNIVOROUS made it extra scary!
So what if my classmates in fourth grade at Clara Barton School didn't believe me...:(... 'Show & Tell' was a b__ch that day...

This article is from April 29 of this year (2024) when they announced the autopsy results. Of course the big news was that it was ruled a homicide and the animal tranquilizers found in her.

[…]

According to the autopsy report, there was no evidence of perimortem trauma, which is an injury that occurs around the time of death.

The report also noted that she was “receiving maintenance rituxan chemotherapy after complete remission of recurrent follicular lymphoma.”

[…]

Although the autopsy report is complete, it stated, “If more information becomes available, this report may be amended.”

We don't know how complete her skeleton was, sadly. <modsnip>

I was hoping for a nicked bone or broken hyoid, but I'm satisfied with the bone marrow discovery. In the words of @Warwick7 BAM, BAM, and BAM in her bone marrow.

Essentially fully skeletonized, I suppose, after three years, there's no bruises left to be found. No ligature marks, no scratches. I wonder if they could identify what position her body was in when buried. Potential for rigor bending and freezing her body in whatever shape she may have been transported in.

The dog hits back at the house tell me two things: he was in contact with a deceased body (2am would do it) and he brought it back to PP, either on his person or on an implement of some sort. Cooler/Yeti? Did the hero who carried young Suzanne when she was first sick become the villian who carried her direct to her grave, not spilled from his hunting cooler but held close to his dark heart before dumping her body like a family pet he never cared for in the first place?

What a sad, desolate spot.

You learn a lot about a person from what they do in the dark, when no one's looking.

Actually, that's when you see them most clearly.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

[…]

[…]

It is nauseating that she was killed when on maintenance chemo. Her killer was way more aggressive than her cancer.

Food for thought...Mike King (Profiling Evil) recently uploaded a YT of him and a dog handler surveilling the clandestine gravesite of Dylan Rounds in the Utah desert.

Mike was accompanying Candice, Dylan's mother in the desert when they reportedly found yet another bone belonging to Dylan (femur). We learned from Candice how poorly excavated the site was by LE after the killer led them to the location where he buried Dylan.

IMO, there's been no better advocate for a missing son than Candice, and I can't help wonder how without somebody advocating for Suzanne, there's really no guarantee CBI was more thorough at collecting SM's remains than the Utah officials were for Dylan. I just hope they left no stone unturned!

Also, Mike's video is an education in showing the challenge of relying on a drone in desert terrain. He's going to return in 3-4 more months to continue demonstrating how what you see from the drone may not necessarily depict the site when your standing on it.

ETA: Also, I think it's important to state that Dylan had been missing for 2 years when he was recovered and reportedly, the decomp smell was said to be horrible. This may be another factor when excavating remains and more reason for agencies to have adequate supplies and protective equipment to do a thorough job. MOO

July 27, 2024 -UT Desert search

Last edited:
Here it is: I’d suggest you ignore the recap and the guy I tend to say really mean things about. Just watch the panel.

Last edited:
Vinnie:

“This is a big deal, when you sue somebody, you get deposed. Meaning if this civil suit continues, at some point the government will be able to sit down with Barry Morphew and question him under oath.

If you’re factually innocent, it’s the right move. If you did it, it is really dangerous.”

Anne Bremmer, a trial attorney, says that it’s crazy given that they have more evidence now. She’s defended these types of cases before. He has to show he’s innocent. No probable cause and malice. As a lawyer she’d never let her client get into a mess with a case like this.

Criminal defense attorney Joseph (something): This lawsuit was filed before the toxicology came back, “I wonder if there’s some soul searching going on right now between Mr. Morphew and his lawyers.”

Last edited:
Couple thoughts and observations on the Vinnie Politan CourtTV segment today, August 6, 2024 on this case:

i) IIRC, the BM civil case against the investigators / state was filed before SM remains were even discovered. It was filed I believe during the period after the charges for the criminal case were dismissed without prejudice. (The segment I believe indicated it filed was before toxicology results were available. Which IMO is not quite accurate. It was filed earlier.)

ii) IIUC the attorneys on the panel said that attorneys for each of the defendants in that lawsuit will get to depose BM under oath in the civil case he filed. (That will be interesting for certain.)

iii) I wish one of the panelists or guests had asked whether it was more likely BM pressed for this civil filing, or upon his attorneys recommendation, or both? And what his attorneys would likely advise BM now with recovery of SM remains containing hunting sedating chemicals BM noted he used during other interviews with police. (Only one of the panel guests mentioned a ‘voluntary dismissal’ of the case as being a next best proper course of action.)

iv) Is it known whether any of the bags BM was seen disposing on CCTV and / or their contents were located? If so do we know what they contained? Or were they never recovered.

vi) IIRC it was BM who asked / suggested to early investigators was it a mountain lion attack or the like? (This occurred early on the scene when the bicycle was located.)

vii) Was BM observed by police touching SM bicycle in the video where the officer asked someone to stop touching the bicycle? (Or was that other individuals on the scene of the bicycle recovery?) Might that be an additional charge of tampering with evidence if so?

IANAL. MOO

Couple thoughts and observations on the Vinnie Politan CourtTV segment today, August 6, 2024 on this case:

i) IIRC, the BM civil case against the investigators / state was filed before SM remains were even discovered. It was filed I believe during the period after the charges for the criminal case were dismissed without prejudice. (The segment I believe indicated it filed was before toxicology results were available. Which IMO is not quite accurate. It was filed earlier.)

ii) IIUC the attorneys on the panel said that attorneys for each of the defendants in that lawsuit will get to depose BM under oath in the civil case he filed. (That will be interesting for certain.)

iii) I wish one of the panelists or guests had asked whether it was more likely BM pressed for this civil filing, or upon his attorneys recommendation, or both? And what his attorneys would likely advise BM now with recovery of SM remains containing hunting sedating chemicals BM noted he used during other interviews with police. (Only one of the panel guests mentioned a ‘voluntary dismissal’ of the case as being a next best proper course of action.)

iv) Is it known whether any of the bags BM was seen disposing on CCTV and / or their contents were located? If so do we know what they contained? Or were they never recovered.

vi) IIRC it was BM who asked / suggested to early investigators was it a mountain lion attack or the like? (This occurred early on the scene when the bicycle was located.)

vii) Was BM observed by police touching SM bicycle in the video where the officer asked someone to stop touching the bicycle? (Or was that other individuals on the scene of the bicycle recovery?) Might that be an additional charge of tampering with evidence if so?

IANAL. MOO
To your 4th point, none of the bags or their contents were ever located.

BM not only suggested the mountain lion attack initially, but pushed it for the duration. He told family and friends this theory, and told Morgan to stay in Broomfield, despite a mountain lion attack which would have obviously been fatal. It's the most transparent thing Barry ever did, because any human knows better, any hunter knows better than that, and no one immediately decides their loved one has been mauled to death by a wild animal, with no evidence.

I believe he even suggested this as a possibility during one of his last interviews with the FBI.

Tampering with evidence comes down to intent, and they can't prove that Barry and his friend touching the bike was done to further some nefarious goal.

Last edited:
To your 4th point, none of the bags or their contents were ever located.

BM not only suggested the mountain lion attack initially, but pushed it for the duration. He told family and friends this theory, and told Morgan to stay in Broomfield, despite a mountain lion attack which would have obviously been fatal. It's the most transparent thing Barry ever did, because any human knows better, any hunter knows better than that, and no one immediately decides their loved one has been mauled to death by a wild animal, with no evidence.

I believe he even suggested this as a possibility during one of his last interviews with the FBI.

Tampering evidence comes down to intent, and they can't prove that Barry and his friend touching the bike was done to further some nefarious goal.
Thanks Mass for the quick thoughts!^^^….… so unfortunate on those lost bags. And I agree with all input there…… save the last one maybe. I am thinking he just might have wanted to ensure he touched that bicycle there on camera…… in case his DNA shows up anywhere on it. But I do agree it would be difficult to prove intent. MOO

Hopefully all the defendant’s attorneys already have all the depositions and cold hard facts they need.
Nope -- not even close. The remaining parties have a Motions hearing on 8/21 to argue the defendants Motions to Dismiss Barry's Complaint against them for failing to state a claim. The Court issued a stay long ago since there were so many defendants that had to answer BM's complaint, and a response to the answers, etc., where the deadline was extended to mid April 2024. The federal docket is posted in the Media Only Thread.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasfrank
Back