Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Every Friday, I keep hoping for Felony Friday, maybe this week.

I am thankful and grateful you all have much better detailed memories than I do.

I also especially appreciate you are all still defending the innocent Mountain Lion.......

JMO
Colorado voters will get a chance to ban mountain lion hunting in November.

The Colorado Secretary of State on Wednesday confirmed that the campaign to end mountain lion hunting in Colorado had gathered enough signatures to get Proposition 91 on the November ballot. The initiative asks voters to declare that “any trophy hunting of mountain lions, bobcats or lynx is inhumane, serves no socially acceptable or ecologically beneficial purpose, and fails to further public safety.” The measure would ban any shooting or trapping of wildcats but allows killing cats that are threatening livestock or people.

Representatives with the Cats Aren’t Trophies group submitted 147,529 valid signatures, more than the 124,238 that were required for ballot access.

Colorado voters will decide in November whether to ban mountain lion hunting

The fact he only put the house in the name of the oldest girl may indicate something or nothing. I have 7 named beneficiaries on most of my things but when I get lazy I just list the oldest ( like on my new place) with the understanding that he knows the split. It all depends upon the trust level. But yes we all know the oldest girl has long been his favorite. It was said that Macy and SM were closer.
As far as them hauling his butt in again - LFG !!
ALL JMO
RSBM
Yes, it may mean something or nothing. But I am thinking it means that MM2 has doubts about her father's role in her mother's death, and hasn't been able to hide it. I truly hope that doesn't put her in danger. :(

Vinnie:

“This is a big deal, when you sue somebody, you get deposed. Meaning if this civil suit continues, at some point the government will be able to sit down with Barry Morphew and question him under oath.

If you’re factually innocent, it’s the right move. If you did it, it is really dangerous.”

Anne Bremmer, a trial attorney, says that it’s crazy given that they have more evidence now. She’s defended these types of cases before. He has to show he’s innocent. No probable cause and malice. As a lawyer she’d never let her client get into a mess with a case like this.

Criminal defense attorney Joseph (something): This lawsuit was filed before the toxicology came back, “I wonder if there’s some soul searching going on right now between Mr. Morphew and his lawyers.”
Hah - there are no souls to search in BM and IE.

I know that's not a nice statement, but I believe it to be true.

MOO

RSBM
Yes, it may mean something or nothing. But I am thinking it means that MM2 has doubts about her father's role in her mother's death, and hasn't been able to hide it. I truly hope that doesn't put her in danger. :(
I think it is because she is still in college. The oldest daughter has graduated. If I were going to burden any of our kids I would not burden a college kid.

Wonder of someone would do this because they know an arrest is imminent? Or if they have plans to leave the country or I don't know go into hiding. Or is this just typical Barry and how he operates?

steeltowngirl- you posted while I was posting. I hadn't though of your idea there about him prepping for a public defender. I hope you are right!

RBBM

Fingers and toes crossed.

JMVHO.

Absolutely agree except for the discovery violations that were each discretionary rulings (Ramsey), and IMO, hardly warranted when the defendant wasn't harmed or prejudiced!
If the initial Prosecution could change anything here short of finding Suzanne's body earlier, I think it would be appealing the discovery violations by Ramsey-- where these rulings later went on to be used against the DA's office over and over, on unrelated matters.

As to the merits of the civil suit moving forward, I expect that similar to Agents Grusing and Harris, the pending defense Motions to Dismiss will prevail because the civil suit fails to plead nonconclusory facts showing any of the defendants remaining, violated any clearly established constitutional right. JMO
^ Kindly suffer, I pray, the attention-seeking graffiti defacing the characteristically elucidative post, supra.^

Good evening @Seattle1, and all us ship-worthy craft @ sea!

Now I reckoned way back in the day...

- with our DA on the Pan-County, if not Allstate scat/list;

- with Rambo-the-Least having tendered his papers to -

- The CJ, SCOTSOC en banc ...

...Well, really, how likely would it have been for These SCOTSOC Ol' Boys to grant Her Tardiness' Appeal, and thereby incidentally kick a wearied-by-standing/suffering-while-sitting fellow justice...
...to the curb!
! :eek: !
Not very, was my thinking. Anyway.
So how about we just furl our tattered colo(u)rs pro tempore? A Full Dress Parade shall in due course pass-in-review.
All this delay? :( Mere drizzle; paltry at that ;)!

I think it is because she is still in college. The oldest daughter has graduated. If I were going to burden any of our kids I would not burden a college kid.
I think it likely that, if they were both in college, BM would still have burdened MM1 - because she is oldest and also because he trusts her loyalty to him at least a bit more than MM2 who, in the months prior to SM’s disappearance, shared with her boyfriend at the time that things were not all rosy and swell in the Morphew marriage.

RSBM

It doesn’t put her in danger, IMHO. He’ll either disappear or kill himself. However, it seriously messes up MM2’s future. I feel sorry for her. She is the youngest, she probably was very confused and as I suspect, she is the weakest link, in many ways.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back