Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it was first announced that she had been found, I had high hopes for justice. When the AR details were released I again had high hopes. At this late date, I have given up that we will see justice for Suzanne. I hope I am wrong but I feel like they have had enough time and evidence to proceed if they were going to.
IE's $15 million money grab lawsuit had the potential to create all sorts of conflicts of interest.

Well, that died on the vine. Something about Suzanne's remains being found, loaded with BAM, within Barry's timeline radius, really messes with a wrongful arrest argument.

Don't lose hope. It's coming. They've got time to do it right.

JMO

When it was first announced that she had been found, I had high hopes for justice. When the AR details were released I again had high hopes. At this late date, I have given up that we will see justice for Suzanne. I hope I am wrong but I feel like they have had enough time and evidence to proceed if they were going to.
I understand your concern. I feel LE and DA are waiting until the civil suits are settled or come to some sort of end before charges will be filed. We may both be wrong. Charges may come sooner rather than later but I definitely feel they are coming. If by chance charges are not brought, it will be a huge miscarriage of justice.

I didn’t know when or how, but from the beginning, I believed SUZANNE’s body would be found.

I also believe BM will be recharged and tried for her death.

The new team of prosecutors have had to go through voluminous amounts of evidence—old and new—in order to prepare for the next arrest and trial.

They have needed time, and in this case, it’s better to be thorough rather than fast.

As @Megnut said, patience. Most of us here want BM’s next time in court to be the last time, with a very guilty ending.

Yes, and / or shifting assets so that one’s net worth decreases. Perhaps for civil and other legal reasons. Always wondered too whether BM might eventually be the recipient of a civil suit over the death of SM? MOO
Iirc when this has been discussed in the past, there are rules about who can file a wrongful death suit. Spouse. Children. If no spouse or children, parents.

So there are only two people who could potentially file a WDLS and I don't see that happening.

JMO

I didn’t know when or how, but from the beginning, I believed SUZANNE’s body would be found.

The new team of prosecutors have had to go through voluminous amounts of evidence—old and new—in order to prepare for the next arrest and trial.

They have needed time, and in this case, it’s better to be thorough rather than fast.

As @Megnut said, patience. Most of us here want BM’s next time in court to be the last time, with a very guilty ending.
Indeed.

And they've got a much stronger case the next time around.

Forensices from her remains have slready revealed BAM.

No gone girl.

No glovebox DNA incriminating SODDIs.

She didn't bury herself.

No bike ride.

So why was one staged?

No proof of life beyond about 2 pm on Saturday so why a Sunday story?

Barry wasn't three hours away when Suzanne ceased all communication. He was at PP running through walls. And doors.

By now LE may have discovered the vehicle used, resulting in new evidence.

And just as before, he won't be wrongly convicted. It's merely a matter of time.

JMO

I never believed she’d be found, but did think he would probably be charged again by another prosecutor.

The body and a smoking gun doesn’t make this a “probably,” anymore.

It makes it a definitely. I think we’re months away, at most.

CO. Wrongful Death Action. Who May File? Deadline?

@I am not Sherlock H. posted: " .... Always wondered too whether BM might eventually be the recipient of a civil suit over the death of SM?..." sbm
... rules about who can file a wrongful death suit. Spouse. Children. If no spouse or children, parents.
So there are only two people who could potentially file a WDLS and I don't see that happening. JMO
@I am not Sherlock H.
@Megnut
Yes, ^ re WHO is eligible to file a WDA in CO, per below.
But the legal defense which would result in a judge dismissing a WDA for this death is CO. Statute of Limitations, i.e., TWO years, per below.

At this point, Aug. 2024, a concrete-wall-reinforced-w-steel-beams-defense for the May 2020 death?
imo
"... exclusive right to file a wrongful death lawsuit to the surviving spouse during the first year following a death. If there is no surviving spouse, children have the option to file, and if there are no children, parents can initiate a lawsuit.”
"The statute of limitations (time limit imposed by law) is two years in Colorado. A wrongful death claim that is not filed within that time period will be forever barred from recovery."
*Colorado Revised Statutes Sections 13-21-201 through 13-21-204

Well, well...

Received an e-alert from my Indiana Dropbox that BM quit-claimed the Noblesville, IN property to daughter-1 on 8/5/24. This is the residence we've long known as mom Shirley's place. Shirley also signed off of the quitclaim.

Curious --not signed over to both M1 & M2, just M1...

Not a betting man BUT...
- I'll wager, [read "opine"], that this proverbial 'Blackacre' comes entailed with an inalienable fixture, to wit:
An ALEXASHIRLEY o_O!
[No dust-devil freak here, so can anyone tell me if there's an optional Roomba model?]...​
- further, our loving/supportive grantee has separately reserved a Right of First Refusal to reacquire said premises should his adult but guidance-worthy daughter seek to re-convey the place, and finally
- an appurtenant/restrictive covenant exists relative to the grantee's "keeping of company".
__________________________________________________________________________________
Out of practice here, but I'd reason that there can be nothing legally objectionable were a prospective grantee to decline to take quit-claimed real estate. Could there be? For certain, however, it would be advisable to record said declination, fully referenced, at the appropriate registry/ies.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously, as I should...
I pray Suzanne's firstborn has someone, somewhere, who's truly in her corner. So she may take the most difficult initial step away, assured that that someone's got her back. And please Lord: make it so.:)

Out of practice here, but I'd reason that there can be nothing legally objectionable were a prospective grantee to decline to take quit-claimed real estate. Could there be? For certain, however, it would be advisable to record said declination, fully referenced, at the appropriate registry/ies.
^^rsbm

N/A. Grantee, of majority age, recorded the transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lauren responded to me earlier today that his address is a public document but didn’t disclose the address. Happy to help you seach but where do we start?
I searched Maricopa county property records (where Cave Creek is located), and out of the 6 Morphews who own property in the area, none of them are Barry or his relatives.

He’ll either disappear or kill himself.
RSBMFF
While it’s hard to know what a desperate person/killer will do when they feel the proverbial walls closing in or the pitter patter of LE footsteps not too far behind, I personally do not think BM will do either of those things for a couple of reasons:

1.) He won’t leave his daughters.
2.) BM is all about image and he knows how it will look if he were to off himself or go on the run.

At any rate, IF he is preparing to/decides to run, he’ll be caught in no time as imo there are likely eyes on him and he knows that. I could be wrong of course but I just can’t see it mostly for reasons stated above.

I view the recent development with the quitclaim/transfer of the IN property to M1 as BM getting his affairs in order due to expecting arrest/charges in the not too distant future and wanting to get his name off assets, jmo.

Having said all that, the only way I can see him possibly choosing either option (off himself or run) is if he were to lose the support of both of his daughters. Since I don’t see that ever happening (especially from M1),
I really do think BM will stick around and die (no pun intended) on the hill of, ‘my daughters’ and/or daughter support me therefore I am innocent!!’, hoping that at least one juror will overlook all the evidence against him because one or both daughters’ stand beside/support him.

Of course imo most jurors are smarter than that and helllooooo the BAM found in SM’s bone marrow pretty much seals the deal/final nail in BM’s coffin but yes, I really do think BM is that stupid or delusional enough (take your pick, likely both) to think he still has a shot (no pun intended) at convincing one juror at future trial that he’s innocent because of his daughter(s) unwavering support. SMDH.
(insert an infinite number of eyerolls since I can’t get my emoji function to work on my phone lol).

IMHOO

#JUSTICEFORSUZANNE

ETA-words, punctuation

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors