Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
whaaa?
Needing help here. TIA 'fersure.

Citing grantors, BM and mother Shirley, quitclaimed; no mention of M1, except as the grantee.
?:confused:?​
Grantees executing, i.e. signing deeds, conveying into themselves?
Required? Customary? As surplusage in the nature of a memorial?
:confused:
As for that addendum following the tongue-in-cheek imagery of a STASI-like "Alexa-Shirley" poking-in and about the house, Roomba-like - Redux: remote video cameras on property? Anyone? Anyone? - it evolved..well, after all, can one be compelled to be a "grantee" and to take the benefits/assume the burdens of real estate?
In my view, Barry's "caring" provision of "His Mom's place", for the beloved Mallory, HAVING MURDERED HER MOM YEARS BEFORE, ought to be able to be declined by M1 or, alternatively, these grantors compelled to convey to Mallory, exclusively, in fee simple absolute. And for the record, I'll take all bets as to mother Shirley, compos mentis, ever covering for her boy to such a degree! :p
Barry is sick. He presents incorrigibly perverse in this barely disguised scheme of continued control of his woman-child.
These are very simple transactions in the US. The filing fee is $30 so no biggie. Doesn't "really" require a lawyer necessarily. My husband and I have quit claim deeded properties a number of times over the years. Cheap and easy. Our last round was to quit claim deed everything into a trust to make it easier for our kids and it made total sense they used Mallory...she's out of college, an adult and presumably is the one who would have to deal with Barry and his mother should the time come. Most people do appoint their "eldest" unless they don't have confidence in the eldest or the eldest is not necessarily geographically handy at the drop or a hat or is at a point in life when it makes sense to use a different kid. I don't know where your comment about controlling his daughter. Presumably he, she and Shirley sat down and had an adult conversation about what might be and the best way to protect Shirley first of all financially. The only issue I could see would be if Shirley and MM1 had a falling out but nothing is ever certain in life.

The arm of the Colorado Supreme Court that oversees the state's attorneys has pushed back Friday's deadline to decide the fate of the embattled former prosecutor in the Morphew case.

Full article at link...

• Aug 15, 2024 Updated 12 mins ago

Any civil suit for wrongful death by either of the daughters who are the only two with legal standing to file in Colorado are past. They had 2 years after the death and given the condition of the body my guess it would be too late to try and extract money from their father. If I were a civil judge and I am not I would find it problematical if the daughters argued a different time of death all of a sudden. Plus they don’t seem to need money from their father and seem to be letting things take their course.
Puleeze...
Would some cohort(s) help me with the precise date on which Suzanne's death was determined to a homicide?

Because until that moment, eligible prospective plaintiff or not, there's merely a latent homicide hanging-out there.
Without evidence that a demise was "wrongfully" caused, you've got Zip Zero Nada wrt WDA's.

Here, putative plaintiffs - the daughters - were unaware that that their mom was the victim of a homicide until the coroner here declared/ruled it so. As far as the daughters knew/(reasonably?) believed, their mom was cavorting about in Ecuador, ossp, the Happiest of Happies, away from her hellish overlord.

Furthermore, in this case, you've not got a party to sue unless/until it has been ascertained who perpetrated this wrongful death.I believe we have here (sadly) our consensus that the daughters don't/would rather not at this point want to know; it's not their burden to discover the perpetrator. True?

So, if this bar to filing a WDA is as cited above, are we to understand that the CO Civil Code, in application to the circumstances as we understand these to have unfolded holds Suzanne's daughters to a virtual "reasonable prospective plaintiff standard", and that they should have known: "Daddy did it! We better go after him! Now!"
And sooner!
Nevermind, they still don't "know", or so we are given to understand. TY, IE. And now, Sorry.Too late. Laches obtains...too bad you hadn't studied Latin. :p Too bad, as well, that "The Law is a donkey", paraphrased, cannot presently be judicially-noted in the US...yet, as "dicta", in applicable circumstances, I opine it would not constitute an abuse of decorem.

I am missing something! What may it be?
..Johnny's so long at the fair :(...

These are very simple transactions in the US. The filing fee is $30 so no biggie. Doesn't "really" require a lawyer necessarily. My husband and I have quit claim deeded properties a number of times over the years. Cheap and easy. Our last round was to quit claim deed everything into a trust to make it easier for our kids and it made total sense they used Mallory...she's out of college, an adult and presumably is the one who would have to deal with Barry and his mother should the time come. Most people do appoint their "eldest" unless they don't have confidence in the eldest or the eldest is not necessarily geographically handy at the drop or a hat or is at a point in life when it makes sense to use a different kid. I don't know where your comment about controlling his daughter. Presumably he, she and Shirley sat down and had an adult conversation about what might be and the best way to protect Shirley first of all financially. The only issue I could see would be if Shirley and MM1 had a falling out but nothing is ever certain in life.

Oi!
Arrrggh!
Years of deed and probate research, in a great many cases, sorting out, inter alia, "lost/misplaced/forgotten/broken chain in title/misdescribed/ questionably possessed/occupied" parcels in counties in two states ...
... AND NEVER NEVER NEVER ...​
...do I recall coming across a deed "signed-off" by a third party grantee;
[Nor, analogously, a probate chattel/realty/livestock/inventory "signed-off/concurred with" by any heir/devisee.]

That is all the blazes I'm contending.
To restate:
Q: WHAT IS THE MEANING OR SIGNIFICANCE, IF ANY, OF MALLORY's "SIGNING-OFF" - HOWEVER THAT MAY BE MANIFESTED - ON ANY-DING-DONG-THING SO FAR AS GRANDMA SHIRLEY'S PROPERTY IS CONCERNED ?!?!

It seems odd that he didn’t transfer the house to a trust, as you did, or to both girls, as there are two children, not one. Or why not to himself? He’s not at an advanced age, as is his mother. Perhaps he left out the younger daughter due to college grant eligibility. Just seems like he’s up to something.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back