Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
* BM arrested without incident.

* This is not a day to celebrate.

* Investigation is ongoing.

* DA’s office (female speaker) :

* Suzanne’s body has not been found.

* BM is innocent until proven guilty.

* “The arrest warrant is sealed. I can not and will not discuss it.”

Last edited:
I love how Spezze starts the conference by talking about Suzanne, how he didn't know her but has come to feel like he does know her now. He also states how much Suzanne loved her daughters and how there was nothing she wouldn't have done for them. Nice opening for what is a heartbreaking but also satisfying day.
Her body hasn't been found, unfortunately.

MOO

What kind of abuse was Suzanne experiencing from her husband? Thanks

We don't know for sure. But she reached out to a local domestic violence group and apparently started attending. Big clue there. Then, there are the controlling body language pictures.

I suspect there was financial abuse (he used her money to buy the Puma Path house - and is still abusing her money because he sold that house and is going to put the money into his defense - which is also financial abuse of his daughters).

Salida residents have posted in various facebook groups about things said at the local high school and in town about the fear that some of Barry's family members had of him and his temper.

Frankly, having to live with someone who goes off and punches a work associate is scary. Being impulsive and hotheaded is foundational to most abusers - and then of course, there are the fancy vacations and the extensive making up periods (which Suzanne's love note to Barry indicates to me).

That "choke hold" hug that he uses is, in my opinion, rarely used past high school by couples who value each others' autonomy.

The "Oh, Suzanne" at the beginning of the video is a way of blaming Suzanne for what happened to her. Nearly all or all abusers think it's the victim's fault when they lose it. "You made me do it" is in those words and all over his face.

She, on the other hand, always looks incredibly sweet, conciliatory and mild. That was their dynamic. Him, tough guy Tarzan with the guns and the hunting (he is not a great hunter, that was part of his act), and her, sweetly standing by her man.

Selling the Indiana property (half of the money would have been hers) was obviously in the works before she died, but selling the Colorado property was not - he, the murderer, went to court and got control of his victim's money right under the nose of the investigators and all of us watching.

So, I think we'll find out that he terrorized Suzanne with his temper and his tantrums, but right now I believe there's good evidence of a financially controlling husband and I regard that as abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper