Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So good to see you join us @OldCop ! Quite the day in Salida, CO. Praying we are getting closer each day for #JusticeForSuzanne. I’m very thankful at this point, he’s in custody, and he can’t do more physical harm to others. Very sad for the two Morphew daughters. MOO
Yes, the victory is great, but oh so bittersweet. He’s ruined the lives of those beautiful young women and taken their mother.
Want to celebrate the arrest, but I almost feel guilty doing so. (I said almost.)

This charge may simply be BM lying about his identity -- definition not at all what I envisioned as charged against BM - Class 4 Felony.

Attempting to Influence a Public Servant 18-8-306

Attempting to Influence a Public Servant 18-8-306 Understanding This Colorado Crime:

One of the first questions I receive when a client is charged with Attempting To Influence A Public Servant 18-8-306 is how can my misrepresenting who I am, (if there is an outstanding warrant for example) amount to attempting to influence a public servant?

The key is the language used to define the crime.

The Colorado Crime of Attempt to Influence A Public Servant Section 18-8-306, C.R.S.

Section 18-8-306 provides, in pertinent part, that:

“[a]ny person who attempts to influence any public servant by means of deceit with the intent thereby to alter or affect the public servant’s decision, vote, opinion, or action concerning any matter which is to be considered or performed by him
commits a class 4 felony.”

The key then is your intent in trying to deceive a police officer in an attempt to alter what that public servant would have ordinarily done if he or she had the true information at hand.

What Then is a Public Servant?
Under the very broad definition of a public servant in this law a police officer is without doubt a public servant.

A “public servant,” as envisioned in section 18-8-306 CRS, and is defined as follows:

“any officer or employee of government, whether elected or appointed, and any person participating as an advisor, consultant, process server, or otherwise in performing a governmental function, but the term does not include witnesses. “

A police officer, as an employee of the government, is a public servant. The definition is so expansive; it encompasses almost every employee of the government and even includes non-employees performing government functions.

Providing a False Name to the Police at a Colorado Traffic Stop Intent

Intent to commit this crime is almost always established through circumstantial or indirect evidence. The typical case involves a suspect who provides a false name to a police officer at a traffic stop.

The evidence usually follows a classic fact pattern:

• A Defendant provides a false name to an officer;
  • The false name usually belongs to a friend of a relative someone the Defendant knows well;
  • The false name (usually but I have seen the contrary result) has “no criminal record” wants or warrants on the Police Officers’ computer;
  • The Officer lets the Defendant drive away;
  • Later, the Officer discovers the truth and finds an outstanding warrant for the Defendant;
It is important to note that the “public servant” in this case the Police Officer, need NOT RELY ON THE FALSE INFORMATION or actually have their decision altered as the crime includes an ATTEMPT by its’ very terms.

[..]

Attempting to Influence a Public Servant 18-8-306 | Denver Crime Lawyer

Please see link above for Colorado Jury Instructions for this crime..

I cannot tell you how absolutely thrilled I am about the arrest. I was losing hope!
I used to get so stressed reading this thread, but finally, the arrest happened, as it needed to.

But I just feel so sorry for the 2 Morphew daughters.....I hope they can overcome this without too much psychological trauma.

~*~
Raw footage of arrest:
(short raw clip only, no reporting)
9News

Searched but haven't seen this posted yet --
Not a lot -- but as was in progess.
For those who want to pause and zoom, and
replay, and cheer over an over. :) :D
It's nice to see it, even in a fleeting way.
I felt a huge easing inside that I did not know I was even carrying.
Strange thing was that I receive google notifications for Barry but had deleted the most recent, unread, because I gave up expecting it anytime soon!
I wonder if he was shocked or blustery?

Such a beautiful lady, lost now forever.

~*~
Raw footage of arrest:
(short raw clip only, no reporting)
9News

Searched but haven't seen this posted yet --
Not a lot -- but as was in progess.
For those who want to pause and zoom, and
replay, and cheer over an over. :) :D
Brilliant, thanks for uploading Verdigris. I came across this too, early morning on one of the webcams. Getting ready for the day's activities.
Pre-arrest.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members