Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Barry
If anyone who is out there can hear this
We have him
Please, We will do whatever it takes
To bring justice for Suzanne
The girls needed you
No questions asked
No matter how much they want to believe you
I will do whatever it takes to bring you to trial
Suzanne, I will see that he is punished
I want you to get justice so bad
Signed
John Spezze
Sheriff of Chaffee County
Bam!!!
Luv this!!!

Oh Barry
We have him
The girls needed you
No questions asked
Signed
John Spezze
*****5 Star -Gold @OldCop!!

BM’s arrest comes 5 days after Suzanne’s 50th birthday, 5 days before Mother’s Day, on the 5th day of the 5th month, and my Grandson turns 5 tomorrow.
Gee, I think 5 is going to be my new lucky number lol.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
There's that five,but how could they have known?

Keep it. Poor thing has been dragged through the mud and was innocent all along ;D
I just might! At first I was mocking BM for thinking we would believe this. But then, it started to look like a Mama Mountain Lion fiercely defending her family.
I guess either way, it still works for me.
The Mountain Lion stays!
:)

ETA - Status changed to reflect that the Mountain Lion has been in fact - Exonerated

Last edited:
Oh Barry
We have him
The girls needed you
No questions asked
Signed
John Spezze
Spezze is a helluva great cop.
I instinctively trusted him from the outset, I don't always, having come from a LE family myself.
He is steady and thorough, afraid of nobody.
The best!

I watched Linda Stanley's appearance on Profiling Evil Monday. She must have been smiling inside when asked about Suzanne's case at the end of the program. Knowing that in two days time, ole Barry would be arrested and charged with 1st Degree Murder. She's a tough, fearless, leader. She was elected "for a time such as this" ...
Justice is coming for sweet Suzanne!!

Morphew’s first court date will be the advisement where any bond arguments will be heard.

That hearing will be held at the Chaffee County Courthouse at 10:30 am on Thursday, May 6. The arrest warrant is sealed at this time.

Bail not expected -- the court will formally deny bail eligible on Thursday.

Barry Morphew Arrested For the Murder of Suzanne Morphew
Why is bail not expected, do you know?
I'm glad it's not but surprised too.

I watched Linda Stanley's appearance on Profiling Evil Monday. She must have been smiling inside when asked about Suzanne's case at the end of the program. Knowing that in two days time, ole Barry would be arrested and charged with 1st Degree Murder. She's a tough, fearless, leader. She was elected "for a time such as this" ...
Justice is coming for sweet Suzanne!!
Is it online? Have you got a link at all?
I liked her too, a lot!

To be clear - criminal cases are created in Colorado courts by the filing of a Criminal Complaint and information process.

(Grand Jury Indictments are rare)...
BBM
The rarest, IMO is the JBRamsey Case. IIRC
Its been awhile since I have re read but I think GJ did indict parents.
Anywhoo carry one.. her case still bothers me.

Oh Barry
We have him
The girls needed you
No questions asked
Signed
John Spezze
So good to see you join us @OldCop ! Quite the day in Salida, CO. Praying we are getting closer each day for #JusticeForSuzanne. I’m very thankful at this point, he’s in custody, and he can’t do more physical harm to others. Very sad for the two Morphew daughters. MOO

Why is bail not expected, do you know?
I'm glad it's not but surprised too.
While there's no real chance for BM to be released, it still for the court to decide and this will occur at his Proof is evident - presumption great hearing.

16-4-101. Colorado Bailable offenses.

(1) All persons shall be bailable by sufficient sureties except:

(a) For capital offenses when proof is evident or presumption is great; or

(b) When, after a hearing held within ninety-six hours of arrest and upon reasonable notice, the court finds that the proof is evident or the presumption is great as to the crime alleged to have been committed and finds that the public would be placed in significant peril if the accused were released on bail and such person is accused in any of the following cases:

Looks like that Berry turned into a raisin!! He worried 10 years right off his face, I’m astounded at that mugshot! Definitely that “waiting for the other shoe to drop” wore him down, and yes, Scott Peterson vibes absolutely!

I like Chris in many ways but he’s seeming impulsive and passionate in a sort of dramatic way, I know now to take what he has to say with a grain of salt.
I really like the DA, and it goes without saying that Spezze is a highly commendable and compassionate police chief.

I can’t stop thinking about their daughters- today marks a horrific beginning to their hell on earth. I can’t imagine what they’re going through and how rough this last year has been but more so how the following will be if they’ve been in denial (I might be in denial and fighting for his innocence too if it felt like Dad was all I had left?)
Moo

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to derogatory name calling>

Now that he's been arrested, I've been thinking about what could have transpired. I sincerely hope that Suzanne did not know it was coming and that she didn't see it coming. I can't stand to think about a struggle or her fearing for her life. MOO.

Attempt to Influence?
..... We also don't know when the bribery attempt occurred....
sbm bbm
I wonder if the person that Barry tried to bribe actually made him think he would, and then turned him in?
bbm. Several posts cited the applicable CO statute and quoted it. Respectfully the offense does not necessarily involve a money bribe or other explicit bribe like - How about $xx,*advertiser censored* to ignore me as a suspect.

The offense may have been something like----
- Intimidation? (I'll have your badge/job).
- Wink & nod or similar Good Old Boys Club favor (No need to tell anyone else).
- Blackmail (I know about your extramarital affair, your embezzlement from county gov't, etc, so keep quiet).
- Mobster threat (You'll sleep w the fishes in Arkansas River. Shooting accidents happen in hunting season).

Just considering possibilities.
ETA: @Seattle1 provided the statute & actual language a few posts down thread.
And gave other possibilities about actions constituting Attempt to Influence.

Last edited:
BBM
The rarest, IMO is the JBRamsey Case. IIRC
Its been awhile since I have re read but I think GJ did indict parents.
Anywhoo carry one.. her case still bothers me.
True - used GJ for secrecy as intended - rare incident 20+years ago. And all for not - only indicted for child abuse, and DA refused to charge them!

True - used GJ for secrecy as intended - rare incident 20+years ago. And all for not - only indicted for child abuse, and DA refused to charge them!
Grrrr
Yes very rare incident.

I believe BM has court tomorrow morning so will be interesting to see what happens.

Thank you and to everyone here keeping her thread going ...
There will be justice !!!

So good to see you join us @OldCop ! Quite the day in Salida, CO. Praying we are getting closer each day for #JusticeForSuzanne. I’m very thankful at this point, he’s in custody, and he can’t do more physical harm to others. Very sad for the two Morphew daughters. MOO

Beyond sad, if there was not a life time of stressful episodes, how can they ever process this (?) If their life was similar AT ALL to what we've seen portrayed on Social Media how can they accept what happened here? I've been on this thread daily since day one , all day today, and can't begin to process this in my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme