Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Rose
@AlexRoseNews

#Breaking we have obtained video of the scene of #BarryMorphews’ arrest in Poncha Springs. The CBI confirms that is the white truck he was arrested in.
@KDVR

2:16 PM · May 5, 2021·

See embeded video of BM arrest at the tweet.

BM was arrested on Hwy 50 when his truck pulled over by a convoy of LE. It appears that BM is also carrying a raft or large object in his truck bed. MOO

So I stepped away for dinner, etc and I come back a zillion pages later. I watched a report on Court TV and one person interviewed said that there was a trailer in front of BMs home and that it looked like he may have been preparing to leave...as in why he may have had camo on and why he was arrested now.
I have not had time to catch up on the extra pages yet...did any other reports mention the trailer? They also said all of his windows were open and discussed that it was so he would be aware of any movements going on outside his home.
So I guess they would have continued to try to investigate and build their case further, but they felt he could be fleeing?

Me too. Aside from BM, it is incredulous that a man who confessed to murdering his wife, unborn baby, and 2 little girls, then threw the little girls in oil...can sit there in a relatively cushy prison, avoid a supermax, emailing his youtube creator buddies, getting 3 meals, a bed, medical, dental, food, free for life. I would have had no problem giving him the death penalty, and watching it happen as a witness. Same with the schmuck who buried alive little 9 year old Jessie. He died in prison, but he should have got the death penalty, don't know what Florida laws are.

At our expense, no less. That makes it smart a little more to me.

Or Trevor? No clue how this works, not enough experience here. So theses dates usually/always(?) really hold to when the actual crime was committed? The date of the actual intended 'bribing" ?

It looks like they used the date of the murder for everything. They could reason that on whatever date the interference happened, it related back to the core date of the murder.

These early filings are LE’s best estimate based on their knowledge at the time of filing. It can change once they know more. We should find out details later since the state has to prove each element of each crime in open court.

Oh Barry
If anyone who is out there can hear this
We have him
Please, We will do whatever it takes
To bring justice for Suzanne
The girls needed you
No questions asked
No matter how much they want to believe you
I will do whatever it takes to bring you to trial
Suzanne, I will see that he is punished
I want you to get justice so bad
Signed
John Spezze
Sheriff of Chaffee County

It was not me.
Hmmm ;););) ok.

@Alethea
"It looks like they used the date of the murder for everything. They could reason that on whatever date the interference happened, it related back to the core date of the murder.

These early filings are LE’s best estimate based on their knowledge at the time of filing. It can change once they know more. We should find out details later since the state has to prove each element of each crime in open court."

Thanks so much for this info Alethea I'm still processing.

Ha.. @OldCop, so good to see you tonight!

Last edited:
<modsnip> How could anyone walk around with that kind of guilt??? The most innocent guilt personally eats me alive so I just can't rap my head around it. Who know if it bothered BM mentally but it sure aged him physically.
Guilt? Not Likely. I want to know how people in this day and age of cameras, DNA, cell phones and forensics, think that they can get away with the crime?
I have not followed everything on the case but if it was planned he must not read/watch the news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew, finally caught up.

I'd like to raise a glass to the 70 different investigators across DOZENS of law enforcement agencies that Spezze mentioned in the presser today. All working hard to bring justice to Suzanne and her family, for almost a year.

My hat is off to each and every one of you.

Having so many law enforcement agencies is outstanding.:):):)
Can't wait to hear from SM's brother.
He tried so hard.
Let us hope, it was from his searches, evidence was found to nail this horrid jerk.

I am hoping, if I disappear, (and other Posters here) there would be numerous LE investigating, as we will be missed here.

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division

5/6/21

10:30 AM 1Hr
VIRTUAL
MORPHEW, BARRY
Hearing on Advisement
D82021CR78
Chaffee County Division 2

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

ETA: Advisement hearing is one of the few hearing where Colorado law allows a camera in the courtroom.

IMO, no reason to bother with expanded media coverage on Thursday as the docket shows BM will not be present in the courtroom -- it's a virtual hearing.

@Niner

Oh Barry
If anyone who is out there can hear this
We have him
Please, We will do whatever it takes
To bring justice for Suzanne
The girls needed you
No questions asked
No matter how much they want to believe you
I will do whatever it takes to bring you to trial
Suzanne, I will see that he is punished
I want you to get justice so bad