Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also like to acknowledge Andy. He organized a massive search for his sister with the assistance of two former Seal Team members and hundreds of volunteers that covered important territory. He can rest well knowing he did his best for Suzanne.

I'm very proud of the DAs Office for filing charges on the faith of the Investigation. #HappyDance

There's still time to find Suzanne.

Mod Note:
What a great day in Suzanne’s case!

Please keep the thread focused on todays arrest, the victim in this case, and the pursuit of justice. Posts addressing attire are off topic and create clutter on the thread.

I really don’t think LE had Heck on him constantly. Maybe at certain points of the investigation they did. My feeling is, however and wherever he disposed of SM’s body, I don’t think he ever looked back. That’s just my opinion.
Heck, the Daily Mail had spies lurking assiduously in BM's wake. LE didn't need officers for the task LOL.

Per Colorado Law - there are only two types of hearings when cameras are typically allowed inside the courtroom: advisement and arraignment hearings.

If the court approves expanded news media coverage for Barry's advisement - the hearing will probably be streamed live.

Otherwise - we should expect another trial by Twitter where reporters are allowed to tweet from outside the courtroom only -- when the court in recess or hearing ended.

Rule 3 - Media Coverage of Court Proceedings, Colo. Pub. Acc. Info. & Rec. 3 | Casetext Search + Citator
And I’m hoping you will be here to post all your wonderful updates when it begins lol
You were awesome in the Kelsie Schelling trial :)

Just to clarify, in order to arrest someone, you need probable cause that a crime was committed. LE can draft a probable cause affidavit and go to a judge who signs off on an arrest warrant. That was issued here and subsequently sealed.

The DA then filed 3 charges which are listed on the public docket. It doesn’t look like there was a grand jury. Rather, the DA just filed the charges. Once he is arraigned his attorney can challenge whatever was filed (depending on the state law and local practice) but usually the cases move forward either to plea negotiations or to trial.
Thank you for the explanation! Love that we have attorneys that can weigh in for our discussions.

Morphew’s first court date will be the advisement where any bond arguments will be heard.

That hearing will be held at the Chaffee County Courthouse at 10:30 am on Thursday, May 6. The arrest warrant is sealed at this time.

Bail not expected -- the court will formally deny bail eligible on Thursday.

Barry Morphew Arrested For the Murder of Suzanne Morphew

I personally feel that he has been talking to a lawyer for a while and has sold all of Suzanne's and his assets just in case he was arrested.

I heard Chris say on CourtTV that he drove by Barry's house and all of his windows were opened as if he were keeping surveillance. Chris also said that he had a truck outside as if he were getting ready to move.
BBM
Well, we do know at the beginning, when BM was staying at his friend's home, he was pacing and continuously looking out the window---
‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

I would bet this fire chief is the one he tried to bribe also. JMO
‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew – Crime Online

BM’s arrest comes 5 days after Suzanne’s 50th birthday, 5 days before Mother’s Day, on the 5th day of the 5th month, and my Grandson turns 5 tomorrow.
Gee, I think 5 is going to be my new lucky number lol.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

From imagining what evidence is at hand for the first degree murder and tampering with evidence charges against BM, IMO, it's unlikely he could make any type of plea in exchange for disclosure of where Suzanne's body is concealed.

I don't believe Suzanne's loved ones can be granted the solace of laying her to rest.

Although innocent until a jury declares him guilty, it appears the father of Macy and Mallory is the reason his children will have no parent beside them during their lives' significant events.

Life imprisonment does not balance the scales of Justice.

All my opinion, only.

But didn't Speeze (at the press conference) say he didn't personally know Suzanne?

JMO
I think OP reference is to BM knowing Sheriff Spezze in his role as a volunteer firefighter, and perhaps as the father of a classmate. Sheriff Spezze stated he did not personally know SM prior to the missing person case but came to know her through the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro