Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don’t give two flying fig newtons what the DA wears, as long as she’s got the evidence to put that away, I’m good!!

Also, Chris said there will be video coming soon of BM’s arrest!!

First-degree murder
Any intentional murder that is willful and premeditated with malice aforethought. Felony murder, a charge that may be filed against a defendant who is involved in a dangerous crime where a death results from the crime,[16] is typically first-degree.[17]

Thats a heck of a charge to throw at someone without substantial evidence. imo

With the AA sealed, I guess they can't really say much about anything :( Grrr.

MOO
I share your feelings. Not sure why those are sealed. You would think that the arrested should get immediate access under disclosure laws. The only legit reason I could think to seal it would be if there are other suspects.

I know we wanted more info from that presser, we built ourselves up and are still none the wiser, but consider how far we have come in the last 7 hours!

I trust the DA, she seems to think the case is strong (as do we and we don’t know a margin of what they know) and on top of this, if you watched to the end, CBI did indicate a news release is coming with more info.

Justice has began, finally, and that monster is no longer walking free.

JMO.

I liked Spezze in the presser. I didn’t feel it was necessary for Stanley to make a comment about people questioning the job LE was doing. It was off putting to me-honestly, not necessary on this day, and I really don’t feel that they were criticized all that much in comparison to other cases I have followed. They should have had the charges in hand. I was also a little surprised that others involved in the investigation were not on hand, to be part of this moment that they had worked so hard to get to. I’m used to the team concept, and a little bit more preparation.
But all of that means zero-what counts is a conviction.

Colorado Wife Murderers Club...I just went from toasting to FURY.

Watts, PF, BM...

Angry. Jmo.

ETA: Ecstatic of course there’s been an arrest. Some of you have been here all day, every day from the beginning. Congratulations. I personally took a break after Watts but have been in and out in lurk mode.

Btw, every day I check the Colorado Covid stats, and I type in “Col...”. You know what comes up first automatically in my saved pages/favorites because of Suzanne? This:

Colorado Firecamp - NWCG and IFSTA firefighter training

Last edited:
I still think that bobcat was parked weird ages ago by the trailer.
***gasp*** maybe they found her blood on the bobcat?????

Yeah, I'm thinking her blood found nowhere it should be....

& recall that the very public, in-your-face-barry, search with FBI at his work site was only one of more than a dozen searches....& even that one: LE said that nothing had been found 'at that time'.........

Things have been found....

I just hope this DA <modsnip>.....don't say 'ummm' looking behind you at a hedge when asked a question please...makes me nervous...

I am girding me loins in faith that they do indeed have the goods - blustering aside - & BM will be bye-bye for life....

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s not what I say.

I had expected some thing other than 15 minutes of talking about how wonderful the police are and how wonderful Suzanne was. I don’t know what the purpose of the press conference is except she had to go on camera.
Had you known what was (not) going to be said, would you have dropped everything to be sure to see it?

OMG I did not think of the possibility that the new owners could have found something.

I’m sure the little tidbit has nothing to do with this case, but in this state, a Plumbing Inspector is considered a Public Official.

Any inspector working for a municipality, county or the State of NC is a Public Official. Even structural inspectors whose job is to inspect bridges, culverts and retaining walls.

I think if you follow lots of crime cases all the way to trial, that we did get amazing information today. The most important piece is that Barry tried to bribe or threaten a public safety official. Whether that person was LE or a firefighter, that's a very bad look for Barry, isn't it?

And now we know the primary foundation on which the trial will be built. Why would an innocent person try to threaten or bribe LE?

We also learn that Barry either has no self control (and threatened or tried to bribe a public official) or that he actually believes so fully in his own charming power of persuasion that others will commit a crime on his behalf, in order to cover up the murder of his wife.

I have researched the local politics of Salida/Chaffee County quite a bit and read all the local online newspapers back for a few years (there are now two - Chaffee County, like much of western Colorado, has a political divide and many other things going on - some of which can be traced to associates of Barry). It's possible that the group who advised Barry in the early days of the disappearance (the guys hanging out at GD's house) led him to believe that this strategy would work.

But it's more likely that Barry, when he saw that he had screwed up and that the public official was not buying what he was selling, lost his temper and threatened that person. Per his usual.

Great post @10ofRods

In addition, BM failed terribly at the unspoken rule of a small town: BM dissed the Sheriff from day one -- the public servant earning the salary of a small town Sheriff. Sheriff Spezze wasn't impressed by BM's big house or trophy wall.

What BM failed to recognize was that Sheriff Spezze was a native of Salida -- spent decades with Denver forces before coming home to Chaffee County to finish off his career when he could afford to do so.

BM was so smart setting up his life in the Salida area until he wasn't....

MOO

That’s not what I say.

I had expected some thing other than 15 minutes of talking about how wonderful the police are and how wonderful Suzanne was. I don’t know what the purpose of the press conference is except she had to go on camera.
Had you known what was (not) going to be said, would you have dropped everything to be sure to see it?

Makes no difference to me.

He's been arrested and charged with 1st degree murder. It appears there may be no bond.

That's the proper first step to justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member