Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "with deliberation" is getting to me. To add that to the murder charge, they must have something solid that points to that, rather than it being a rage/spontaneous/even accidental killing, or unknown.
What do they have that shows he made preparations, I wonder.
Who knows? What if Barry tried to get someone to kill her and make it look like an accident and that person came forward? That would show that he planned it all along.

Or, he could have talked about wanting her gone to some of his crew or workout buddies.

Another possibility would be that "Dark Web" that was discussed. You can hire or look for killers on the Dark Web.

Hope that it was worth it, Barry...Now, you'll be spending all of that blood money on lawyers. Poetic justice.

JMO.

I didn’t even think of that. I guess he can use Suzanne’s money for his attorney to defend him against his charges for murder 1 of Suzanne. Just doesn’t seem right.

MOO
IMO
A suspect is innocent until proven guilty.

The "with deliberation" is getting to me. To add that to the murder charge, they must have something solid that points to that, rather than it being a rage/spontaneous/even accidental killing, or unknown.

I think that’s a great point and I’m super interested in how this story unfolds. Without a body or COD, I don’t know what kind of evidence gets them from a theory to enough for an arrest. I do hope he confesses at least to allow his daughters to bury their mother with the dignity she deserves.

“Over 135 search warrants were issued and executed. Over 400 individuals interviewed” SS

Wow, we knew so little. I’m so impressed with the ability of all involved preserving the integrity of the investigation.

that was my take away. A lot of work was done that we don’t know about. The evidence will be substantial.

red bags under eyes & swelling jmo

crying? Ohhh...too bad

yeah you’re gonna hate prison

Eta- look what you did to your daughters you fool
I suspect that he had been using a tanning bed without goggles and burned himself - especially above and below the eyes - causes swelling. It would fit with his vanity - just my opinion

I'm born and raised in Colorado, and her clothing seemed pretty typical for Southern Colorado to me. In Denver you would expect a DA in a suit, but not in Salida. People get suspicious if you dress up too much in rural Colorado, it's just the culture. I also thought she sounded more confident than arrogant. And a bit protective of her investigators, which I get, especially as she knows what all they've been able to unearth in this case. All just my opinion of course.

I both appreciated and respected DA Stanley's shout-out to the Chaffee County Sheriff and investigators -- and especially for recognizing the ill-treatment they received from SM and crowdsourced led groups --both during and after the search organized by AM.

I'm constantly amazed at the egos of a few (not all) YTubers with obviously nothing to lose-- that won't hesitate to interfere with an investigation with impunity. :eek:

IMO, for the integrity of all ongoing investigations, this idea that a missing person case is cold after only three or four months has to stop.

And a shout out also to Websleuths for standing strong with LE.

Last edited:
I don't know why but this photo of him makes me feel so sad, and not as angry at him as I've been for the last year, girlfriends and all. There is something so obviously broken within his soul in that mugshot, and my heart is absolutely broken for his daughters, and his mom, and Suzanne's family. You did not have to do this, Barry. I don't know. I'll sleep on that thought. Thank you, fellow Websleuther's, old and new, for your enthusiasm in seeing this case to justice. It's been a wild ride.
You’re a good person @swedeheart and it is sad, the whole thing is sad but I don’t feel sorry for him. Many of us have been broken by things in life or have experienced childhood trauma, neglect or abuse but we don’t murder someone. I think he definitely has issues but he was selfish and greedy and even if it was an accident he has had almost an entire year to do the right thing and take accountability for his actions. And he still hasn’t revealed where Suzanne’s body is. If he has any remorse he is hiding it well. He has hurt his children and damaged them for the rest of their lives. He deserves a fair trial but if he did this he deserves to be punished. IMO

Barry looks awful. At least he's had a rough year.

I thought the PC was fine but I really disagree with sealed arrest warrants. These are public documents. There is no reason to seal it if he's in custody and there are no other pending arrests. The trial is at least a year away and these are supposed to be facts which would be admissible to a jury anyway. I say this not as a nosy person (which I definitely am) but because it is important for the whole system to have transparency when the state is going to take someone's liberty away - even when they 100% deserve it.
I agree completely that the arrest warrant shouldn't be sealed and transparency is needed. I am not sure if all their press releases contain the request to continue to provide information about the case to law enforcement but if not, I feel that this is telling in that they aren't as confident as I would like them to be. I hope I am wrong but I am not convinced they have as much evidence as they need.

From what I understand in Colorado "with deliberation" just means that you think about it before you do it and intend to cause death. Doesn't have to be for a long period of time. It just means it wasn't reckless or during a rage when you aren't thinking.

“Over 135 search warrants were issued and executed. Over 400 individuals interviewed” SS

Wow, we knew so little. I’m so impressed with the ability of all involved preserving the integrity of the investigation.

I'm impressed too, TKG. It's not easy to obtain an arrest warrant for murder in a missing person case. They must have solid evidence. I'm a little confused by all the criticism of the DA on here though , especially about her clothes. Why is that necessary? An arrest is good thing. Suzanne's sister seems very grateful. I'm happy for her family.
Just MHO.

Mugshot
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390063252097290245?s=21
View attachment 295959
ETA:
“MUGSHOT of Barry Morphew. He will have his first appearance tomorrow morning at 10:30 a.m. Suzanne’s body has NOT been recovered. The investigation is still ongoing despite this arrest and no one else has been arrested, according to DA Linda Stanley. @FOX21News
3:58 PM · May 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone (local time)
Is his hair died blonde a la Scott Peterson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave