Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I don't see this ever happening unless the girls one day have an epiphany and realize that their father really did murder their mother. Hopefully, they will sit through the entire trial and hear all of the evidence. Still, I am leaning towards them being blind when it comes to their father actually committing this crime.

It's a terrible situation all the way around. I believe that their father murdered their mother for money. I could be totally wrong, but I can see Barry pretending to be successful all along, and it dawning on Suzanne that it was all a lie. Either that, or Barry knew that the house of cards he built was collapsing and he needed to murder her before she found out.

He sure didn't waste anything selling everything that they owned. If he were financially stable, why would he do that? Why not pretend to look for your wife and keep everything status quo until she came home?
JMO.

Unbelievably hypocritical... a Godly loving caring family.....and his trust and faith.
How dare he? He killed his wife and destroyed his family.

Barry did not love Suzanne at all. He could not have pretended worse. My bet is- he didn’t like her, her group, community, or religion. He was pretending, to be viewed as the respectful pillar of the community, and to get clients. It is called mimicry.

And I am sure that the actual motive was the money.

And because of this, all their pictures, all their posts, everything was a lie. How much did Suzanne realize it? I assume, she was going through deep personal transformation, too, while at the same time trying to battle an illness. Maybe she put any potential decisions on the back burner, trying to get stronger.

So for the girls, it is a long road ahead. This denial can serve self-preservation. After all, how can you believe anyone in own life, knowing that your dad, your idol, killed your mom. So I am not hoping they would sit through the trial. I don't know what is better, to have a epiphany, or, to slowly process it through therapy. Either way, it is horribly hard, and Barry did not think of his daughters at all.

His condo neighbor said he worked all the time, but I'm really surprised he had that much "business" in the local area, considering what I am assuming is speculation within the community about his missing wife and his potential involvement . I am also wondering if he was still an active volunteer firefighter during this past year.

I was intrigued by the language used. BM cannot intimidate, threaten, or annoy.

It made me wonder if domestic violence in the form of coercive control will be a part of the prosecution’s case.

Actually, the protection order issued in court today is mandatory for ALL CRIMINAL proceedings for any victim or witness without their request pursuant to CRS section 18-1-1001.

I wouldn't make too much over the language given the mandatory nature of the order. Since the purpose of the order is to keep the accused civil towards the witness or victim, an order typically includes words such as shall not harass, molest, intimidate, retaliate against, or tamper with any witness to or victim of the acts you are charged with committing.

The Morphew daughters are obviously potential witnesses, and since BM's arrest, they will be subject to inquires about the relationship between their mother and father.

This order will keep BM in check and any violation of the order will result in a misdemeanor charge and imposition of a NO CONTACT ORDER.

BM doesn't need any more charges against him so the order of civil protection is for BM's protection as well as the protection of the daughters -- (one of which is probably a minor).

FOX31 legal analyst Chris Decker breaks down Morphew advisement – FOX31 Denver

His condo neighbor said he worked all the time, but I'm really surprised he had that much "business" in the local area, considering what I am assuming is speculation within the community about his missing wife and his potential involvement . I am also wondering if he was still an active volunteer firefighter during this past year.
I don't know if I buy that he was always working...maybe, working out, but not working...He spent time selling all of their assets and Suzanne's possessions. I'm sure that kept him busy, too.

Those poor daughters....
they appear to believe in their dad. They have a long road ahead of them....

The fact they believe in his innocence is very sad but typical in these types of cases. It is far too painful to believe otherwise as they have already lost their mother. These young ladies will need a lifetime of counseling and support. Unfortunately, they will probably avoid contact with the Moorman side because that would mean facing the reality of their situation. Heartbreaking all the way around. Nobody wins...:(

JMO

Mandatory Protection Orders In Colorado Criminal Law Cases

When does a court issue a mandatory protection order?

Courts issue mandatory protection orders whenever someone has been accused of committing a crime in Colorado.

The protection order is issued during your first court appearance. This is often the arraignmentfor the underlying crime. At this stage of the process, the judge will inform you of your rights. The judge will tell you not to interact with the alleged victim or witnesses. This is the mandatory protection order outlined by CRS 18-1-1001.
Jinx @Cindizzi -- I just added the same that the protection order issued today is mandatory for ALL criminal proceedings (Colorado Revised Statutes Section 18-1-1001).

Nothing could come between Barry and his Bobcat... until now. That man loved moving rocks around.

@Synergizer Bunny " and Barry did not think of his daughters at all." That right there what you posted. I agree, I feel he used his daughters for his own motives. It is eerily identical to how his own father was toward his own two daughters. His father had nothing to do with Barry's 2 sisters, only focused on Barry as his 'golden child'. (source: The Interview Room with Chris McDonough - retired detective went to Alexandria and put together a pretty interesting & compelling history of Barry growing up as a child on his May 2 video "What we found out about BARRY MORPHEW, HUSBAND OF MISSING COLORADO MOM SUZANNE MORPHEW"

Last edited:
Sister of missing woman allegedly killed by husband reacts to murder charges

In the wake of his arrest, Suzanne Morphew's older sister, Melinda Moorman, told ABC News, "I forgave my brother-in-law early on."

"Bitterness destroys people," she said. "I pray for him and have sadness for him."

God Bless her soul...Melinda Moorman. Much more evolved than I am. I am sorry, while I believe bitterness destroys people, I could not forgive anyone who was responsible for my sister's death period.

JMO

Barry Morphew's Neighbor Reacts To Murder Charges In Suzanne Morphew Case: 'My Heart Goes Out To His Daughters'

More sheriff’s deputies alongside the Chaffee County Sheriff and other investigators, arrived at Barry Morphew’s home Thursday afternoon. The duplex has been sealed with crime tape since.

Oh, the reaction is you know, shock… as anything. I mean… you go back, and you think about all your interactions with an individual when you hear about what happened,” said Chad Heeter, Morphew’s next-door neighbor.

Heeter said Morphew moved into the duplex next door in October of last year.

“It was a conversation, it was a handshake and exchange of names and then just… we’re neighbors so we were friendly,” he said.

Suzanne disappeared nearly a year ago after leaving her home for a bike ride on Mother’s Day, and family members said her husband was out of town in Denver when she disappeared. Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze said in a news conference in Salida a few hours after Barry’s arrest on Wednesday that he doesn’t believe she is alive.

Heeter knew little of Morphew’s story. He had also moved recently from Buena Vista. Prior to Morphew’s arrest, he thought of Barry as a normal neighbor.
“Nothing out of the ordinary, you know he hunted, he had his trucks, and he did a lot of landscaping work. That was his profession that he told me and so he did work around the neighborhood. All this building behind me, so he’s done a lot of work. A lot of contributions to the projects, the home’s here so nothing that would throw me off,” said Heeter.

On Thursday, investigators were in and out of Morphew’s rental. Others were focused outside, near a detached garage and Morphew’s construction equipment.

While Heeter says he and his family feel perfectly safe, he does have one major concern, echoed by the entire community.

“My heart goes out to his daughters. I just hope that the family resolves this and finds some healing,” he said.
UGH - the Christmas photo with BM and his huge smile, without SM, is horrible! Looks like it was taken this past Christmas. Thx for posting the article.

I felt from the beginning it was off ...he used his neighbor to create his alibi. Monster. Be interesting to read her statement of what exactly BM said as he steered her toward the missing bike theory & yep, for her to call L.E.

MOO

It’s particularly tragic when one or more kids stand behind the accused parent and other(s) believe they’re guilty. They’ve lost one parent to murder, the other to incarceration and don’t even have a cohesive sibling group to fall back on.
I have the utmost, heartfelt compassion for the girls. I remind myself that we don’t know what story BM has convinced the daughters as being fact. Who knows, maybe he’d convinced them SM left voluntarily!? Anything is possible bc BM controlled the narrative in their world. With that in mind, they not only found out their father was arrested on first degree murder charges, but he’s standing accused of their mother’s murder! Maybe they weren’t even convinced she was dead. The amount of horrible devastation left by Barry is beyond what families should endure. All MOO
Praying for the daughters daily. #Justice4Suzanne is in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid